What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

must have arrived Karachi, it concluded it's visit in Sri Lanka on 23 june probably. although there must be some news on arrival or may be visiting some gulf countries, Oman etc.
PNS Shahjahan arrival report is there on internet but last reports Tipu Sultan was in Sri Lanka many days before Eid ul Azha but no information of reaching Karachi.

PNS Shahjahan arrival report is there on internet but last reports Tipu Sultan was in Sri Lanka many days before Eid ul Azha but no information of reaching Karachi.

news always come about route of a vessel either from DGPR-N or in news papers especially of a newly inducted.

i think visiting middle eastern ports.

Since it is in proximity of Pakistan so will be available for any emergency situation. Now look for Type-055 destroyers for PN.

Since it is in proximity of Pakistan so will be available for any emergency situation. Now look for Type-055 destroyers for PN.
I doubt it. Type 055 is huge and expensive and far more than PN needs or could afford to not only acquire but operate. If destroyers are to be acquired from China, they will likely be 052D. That said, i dont see those anywhere in the near future either. I would expect at most the 4 Jinnah class destroyers and possibly heavy frigates like 054B

I doubt it. Type 055 is huge and expensive and far more than PN needs or could afford to not only acquire but operate. If destroyers are to be acquired from China, they will likely be 052D. That said, i dont see those anywhere in the near future either. I would expect at most the 4 Jinnah class destroyers and possibly heavy frigates like 054B
These big ships are very difficult to protect from enemy's anti Ship missile launch platforms
I will suggest PN to go for more mobile and small yet some decent Warships.
Even the big players are worried about protecting their big naval warships from continuously growing capabilities of anti Ship missiles
Small , stealthy,mobile yet decently SAM protected warships are the way to go for us with a decent no. of fighter jets at nearby naval base to come for help to tackle IN Fighter Jets wing.

According to a former naval chief, the initial plan was for 6, but subsequently there were rumours that the number was changed to 8.

It appears that 054B has a long way to go till the completion of Project Jinnah. Additionally, since construction has recently begun and PLAN is in high demand, the likelihood that 054B will be available for PN is quite slim.

Last edited:
Operating that asset is beyond the operational budget of PN and like the OHP will only serve as a prestige hull and nothing more.

Its like the S-400s of India - everything including the kitchen sink will be thrown by Indians at it making it a priority which will dissolve the resources of PN trying to protect it.

The roadmap is Jinnah class and then additional missile corvettes. The F-22s and Type 54s form the blue water component while A2/AD along with littoral warfare systems ensure the Indians cannot even think of a flanking landing maneuver.

These big ships are very difficult to protect from enemy's anti Ship missile launch platforms
Even the big players are worried about protecting their big naval warships from continuously growing capabilities of anti Ship missiles
Small , stealthy,mobile yet decently SAM protected warships are the way to go for us with a decent no. of fighter jets at nearby naval base to come for help to tackle IN Fighter Jets wing.

Wrong, big ships usually having more protection equipments and capabilities to protect.. Small ships usually more vulnerable.. .... They depends on different tactics to protect herself.

According to a former naval chief, the initial plan was for 6, but subsequently there were rumours that the number was changed to 8.

It appears that 054B has a long way to go till the completion of Project Jinnah. Additionally, since construction has recently begun and PLAN is in high demand, the likelihood that 054B will be available for PN is quite slim.
Im not saying that 054B will absolutely come, but that it is the most likely ship PN would acquire next from China IF one is acquired. And PN is not likely going get a new Type of Chinese vessel forany years. If they get any new builds ot would be more 054A/P.

Hi,

Your comments are incorrect about modern big ships.

Modern big ships are heavily armed against attack by enemy missiles---and also with counter missile strike---.

Your counter measures against incoming missiles make the different---but not the smaller faster size---.

A missile moving at 1000-2000 mph does not differntiate between a boat moving at 22 knots or one moving at 30 knots---.

You will be surprised at what modern ships can do in counter measures and counter strikes---.

It has become a numbers game---.

It has become a game of attrition---one who loses their defensive counter measure first will lose---.

news always come about route of a vessel either from DGPR-N or in news papers especially of a newly inducted.

i think visiting middle eastern ports.
Hi,

Your comments are incorrect about modern big ships.

Modern big ships are heavily armed against attack by enemy missiles---and also with counter missile strike---.

Your counter measures against incoming missiles make the different---but not the smaller faster size---.

A missile moving at 1000-2000 mph does not differntiate between a boat moving at 22 knots or one moving at 30 knots---.

You will be surprised at what modern ships can do in counter measures and counter strikes---.

It has become a numbers game---.

It has become a game of attrition---one who loses their defensive counter measure first will lose---.
Operating that asset is beyond the operational budget of PN and like the OHP will only serve as a prestige hull and nothing more.

Its like the S-400s of India - everything including the kitchen sink will be thrown by Indians at it making it a priority which will dissolve the resources of PN trying to protect it.

The roadmap is Jinnah class and then additional missile corvettes. The F-22s and Type 54s form the blue water component while A2/AD along with littoral warfare systems ensure the Indians cannot even think of a flanking landing maneuver.

The induction ceremony of two newly constructed Type 054 A/P Frigates PNS SHAHJAHAN & TIPPU SULTAN held at Karachi. Federal Minister for Defence Khawaja Muhammad Asif graced the ceremony as Chief Guest. On arrival at PN Dockyard, the Honourable Minister was received by Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Muhammad Amjad Khan Niazi. The ships are fitted with state-of-the-art weapons and sensors having capability to undertake naval operation under multi threat environment. The induction of ships in PN Fleet will significantly enhance the Combat Readiness of Pakistan Navy.Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Guest acknowledged PN efforts in ensuring seaward defence of Pakistan and contribution towards promoting peace and stability in the region. The Federal Minister emphasized on geo-strategic and geo-economic significance that necessitate a potent Naval Force to safeguard maritime frontiers of country and induction of these modern naval ships will significantly strengthen the defence capabilities of Pakistan. He also thanked and appreciated the efforts of Hudong Zhonghua Shipyard, China for timely construction and delivery of the ships to Pakistan.Earlier during the welcome address, Chief of the Naval Staff termed the induction of modern ships whereby achieving a major milestone in modernizing PN Fleet. He acknowledged the support of Government of Pakistan for various PN modernization projects. The ceremony was attended by civil, military and government representatives of Pakistan including officials of Hudong Zhonghua Shipyard, China.

A great Leap towards impregnable maritime defence .​

PAKISTAN NAVY SHIP TIPPU SULTAN​

Last edited:

Captain says long range Surface to surface cruise missile
Is this CM302 Supersonic Cruise Missile or some other missile???

Back
Top Bottom