What's new

Pakistan plans to buy more F-16s

If those bird are buy eith american military aid then its ok otherwise i think it will be more judicious to invest this money for j-17 and j-10 and ground base air defence system .

We are already engaged with US in joint ops. along the Pak Afghan border and atleast two naval task forces with NATO -- so I presume that some sort of limited CISMOA regime is already in place.

I am not sure but new PAF F-16 has US communication system, so there must be CISMOA, but never heard of US-Pakistan talking about that!

I am not sure about EuMA as we have very little joint collaboration with European countires operating within NATO/ISAF etc.
EUMA is nothing about joint collaboration but will allow US to periodically carry out an inspection and inventory of all articles transferred the country. Thats on site monitoring. US has this agreement with all the countries it sells weapons.

But CISMOA is more dangerous than EUMA. Because this may allow US to track down the aircraft, monitor/intercept/jam its communication/IFF systems as they are built by US itself.

I dont get it on one hand they are saying we are unable to buy because our economy is not allowing us, on the other they are willing to take as many are on the offer. In Short is PAF begging for F-16s.....

There is only a limit to how much we can depend on JF-17. No doubt its a promising platform but it only got inducted in our airforce last year and still needs at least 10 years to mature. J-10 b is still at least 2-3 years away and after induction we will require years of practice to make it perfect. Meanwhile we should get as many F-16's as we can get our hands on because it is an extremely potent aircraft we have been using for the past 25 + years. So by 2020+ we can hopefully have fully functional J-10 b's along with JF-17 blk 3 as our front line fighters and we can reduce our dependency of the F-16's but till than i'd say its a great move.

how many F 16 in tottal PAf wants i think paf should consider more on J 10 rather than only f 16 we need to move forward as our enemy pursuing with more than 250 SU 30 with better radar than our F 16 we need J 10 more than 50 and if we get our number of f 16 to 120 well it will be hell for enemied of pakistan in air

Its happening................ PDF had think tanks indicated abt PAF wanting a 100+ F-16 flee.... N western tankers for em...So im not surprised.

Wats the problem in getting Hi-tech jets for lesser rates? Im damn happy abt it....... Dnt talk of JFTs coz as of right now they r not on par with the blk-52+ tht PAF operates or is negotiating for............so CHILLAX.

how many F 16 in tottal PAf wants i think paf should consider more on J 10 rather than only f 16 we need to move forward as our enemy pursuing with more than 250 SU 30 with better radar than our F 16 we need J 10 more than 50 and if we get our number of f 16 to 120 well it will be hell for enemied of pakistan in air

Hi,

Dreams and wish lists are limited by funding.

That is one, very big factor for us.

I dont get it on one hand they are saying we are unable to buy because our economy is not allowing us, on the other they are willing to take as many are on the offer. In Short is PAF begging for F-16s.....

when it comes to F-16, PAF is always hungry for more even if they have to beg to get some more sadly:disagree:

I believe Pakistan is looking for used (retired or nearing retirement) planes, I have a feeling that F-16 is going to be our next Mirage. Buy used, re-build them, strip them for spares, even study / experiment with them for using the knowledge i our own program. It's easier and cheaper to do that with cheap / used planes than new ones.

As said many times before... PAF wants a fleet of alteast a 100 vipers why can't you people understand that... the PAF brass knows what it's doin simply and i support the fact that we need a 100 vipers plzz stop arguing about something that you guys can't control inshallah we will reach the 100 mark and then you will all see that PAF will stop its push for more.

Don't tell me this :hitwall: :hitwall::disagree:
Its totally waste of money :hitwall:
Instead invest in JF-17 to make it more potent or buy J-10B in greater no :undecided:
well some thing is better then nothing we could upgrade them to f-16 E/F Block 60 later !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom