What's new

Pakistan possible answer against india nuclear submarine

I expect you to know that a nuclear sub's endurance is not just about going further away from the mainland...but also in being submerged for longer periods...unlike a diesel-electric which has to charge it's batteries...and surfaces often.

this apart...there is not much difference...otherwise.

your point is valid but to some extent..

Type-214 has all the nessesery sensors on board to make it comfortably snorkel on the surface.. the most important thing is to keep human fatigue in mind.. can they cope with 100 days of duration under water?? its like.. asking MKI pilots to conduct 72+ hours inflight missions without changing shifts... even if they do... their performance will be very very very bad compared to a pilot who just took off or is in 4-6 hours flight..

@waz
the outcome of those exercise can't undermine the importance of having a nuclear sub....can it?
if your point is that a nuke sub can be hunted..it's intelligent and understandable.
but if you intend to put a diesel-electric sub ahead of a nuke sub...then we can talk about it.

I didn’t undermine anything here friend. In actual fact I put down the edge the nuclear submarine gives first.

Ahead, In terms of hunting other submarines, in a small setting like South Asia, yes I do and those numerous exercises are pretty vindictive of that. I’m not undermining the nuclear submarine at all, but to use it, in regions where the far stealthier diesel operates, is akin to sending it to an early, watery grave.

Last edited:
India's steps will most assuredly undermine peace in the region, because anytime there is great imbalance of power, peace cannot be achieved. When there is no imbalance of power, either peace is achieved through mutual efforts, or you end up in a tense stand-off substituting for peace, aka Cold War, but no war. India may claim that China is a threat, but it seems an empty argument, since China has shown little interest in engaging in military campaigns against India. Hence, you must admit, further development of nuclear arms will not make the region any more stable. It will, however, give India what they want more than regional peace, international importance and a seat on the international bully lunch table (just like the one in high school, remember?).
From Pakistans point of view it will be an imbalance sure, cause it means one more thread that Pakistan need to counter. But you also have to see it from Indias point of view! These new developments are clearly made to balance the advantages China has at the moment. India is not a real nuclear thread to China, because the balistic missiles can't reach their major cities in the east. So as you said, if there is a great imballance of power, there cannot be peace. The further developments in missile and nuclear sub technology will bring more ballance and security for India.

If India had attacked you before, has missiles near to the border to reach more targets in your country, renew roads and train tracks near the border (which could be used for faster movement of troops), build many ports around your mainland, has big numbers of submarines including nuclear SSBNs, would you call it a thread, or an empty argument?
Of course a thread and we just don't want to wait till China might show interest in engaging us militarily. We try anything to prevent that and nuclear deterrence to China is a key issue.

Sino's right as usual; we routinely drop nuclear subs on citizens of poor hapless nations. I wonder how they fit those things on a F-16? Got to go I'm late for my KKK meeting....

Where's your KKK meeting this time? Is it in Iraq, Afghan or Pakistan's Swat valley and borders. Last time you guys held secret meetings in Vietnam-Laos-Cambodia where your CIA and army beheaded thousands of innocent humans. Perhaps a meeting in My Lai or some other 'savages' village??? :wave:

come on,guys.Pakistan is close enough to New Delhi,it's the best answer......
india's long-range missile still can't reach to any other P5 except china,that's why they desperately need the nuclear submarine

That's why I said it is NOT China that is concerned, nor is it really any other Asian or Arab nation since these already fall in India's Agni II/III range ---> it is Europe and ANZUS that is concerned with a rising Asian military might. Richard Nixon exposed the cabal's intention when he said that India's population needed to be reduced (i.e. genocide).

Look here, we Asians have lived together peacefully for thousands and thousands of years. Through all that millennia we have come to understand our neighbors down to the people-to-people level. In fact I welcome a stronger Asian trust and power.

- If Japan is strong I am proud because "one of us" is strong!

- If Korea is at the forefront of R&D I am proud because they are "one of us"!

- If India becomes a military & economic might I am proud b/c they are "one of us"!

- If Pakistan develops strong relations with Arab and Muslim world I am proud b/c they are "one of us"!

- If ASEAN surpasses EU I am proud b/c they are "one of us"!

etc...

The people on this forum for most part are NOT stupid. Let's not try to deceive intelligent people here. In the past it was "okay" to publicly and openly be a racist, hang 'them n1ggers', rape them 'g00ks', get me a 'ch1nkie or c00lie' -- but nowadays it is PC -- there's retaliation for PUBLIC display of racism.

What resulted is not the elimination of racism, rather the deceptive move underground. We non-whites want to raise ourselves to a level of dignity. We do so NOT by pulling others down, rather lifting ourselves up with our own efforts and sweat. Like the Indian author of best-selling book said, "It's not so much America is declining rather that the rest of the world is rising up!"

It should be obvious by all the 'covert' and lame 'human-rights' excuses (by the way those who use it against us 'savages' are the MAJOR violator of human rights around the globe) actions take to "KEEP US DOWN". We are not stupid, we know hypocrites - and we despise them.

That is why I welcome India's advancement - I only hope GOI realizes a strong Asia-Arab-African-American union is best for the world peace. :cheers:

Lets be brutally Honest Sinoindus.

The last thing Pakistanis can stomach is a India with a Huge GDP and Nuke subs and aircraft carriers on its door step.

Its really odd because the WEST are happy about a rising india. But no so Much their Neighbour Pakistan.

The last thing Pakistanis can stomach is a India with a Huge GDP and Nuke subs and aircraft carriers on its door step.

Its really odd because the WEST are happy about a rising india. But no so Much their Neighbour Pakistan.

your English is soooo extremely poor and bad and yet you live in UK...

We care less about the economy,more about the conventional imbalance.
Which is why I fail to understand why dont we simply adopt a thorough first strike policy. Simple.. Let the Indians know that if they so much as step on 10m of our territory without our permission we launch everything we have at them. Pakistan is lost in the retaliation for sure, what could be so bad? The Taliban get taken out in the process, and most of the majority population can feel elated it achieved martydom or similar levels of nirvana.. but I doubt India would be any better off with all its major cities, ports, airbases and the like uninhabitable. And that way the sub continent would be a very peaceful neighborhood for the next 10000 years.

Here are some possible answers...This is a sensitive topic therefore I must limit myself here.

1) Invite the Chinese Navy to the Indian ocean (on Pakistan's side) and west of Indian mainland.

2) Build a nuclear submarine with friendly nations such as Turkey and China.

3) Set up a buffer zone that is Nuclear Sub is not allowed within x amount of miles of the Pakistani coastline and or assets.

4) Better get ready to build nuclear bunkers (for population) in Karachi and other cities.

I have said this before I will say it again, the War was declared a long time ago...:tup:

Which is why I fail to understand why dont we simply adopt a thorough first strike policy. Simple.. Let the Indians know that if they so much as step on 10m of our territory without our permission we launch everything we have at them. Pakistan is lost in the retaliation for sure, what could be so bad? The Taliban get taken out in the process, and most of the majority population can feel elated it achieved martydom or similar levels of nirvana.. but I doubt India would be any better off with all its major cities, ports, airbases and the like uninhabitable. And that way the sub continent would be a very peaceful neighborhood for the next 10000 years.

Oh Young man,

In the elite offices of the Pakistani military, at the helm of military command knowledge and wisdom will prevail.

Let the enemy defeat himself, use the least energy to generate the maximum attack.

To say the least...

That's why I said it is NOT China that is concerned, nor is it really any other Asian or Arab nation since these already fall in India's Agni II/III range ---> it is Europe and ANZUS that is concerned with a rising Asian military might. Richard Nixon exposed the cabal's intention when he said that India's population needed to be reduced (i.e. genocide).

Look here, we Asians have lived together peacefully for thousands and thousands of years. Through all that millennia we have come to understand our neighbors down to the people-to-people level. In fact I welcome a stronger Asian trust and power.

- If Japan is strong I am proud because "one of us" is strong!

- If Korea is at the forefront of R&D I am proud because they are "one of us"!

- If India becomes a military & economic might I am proud b/c they are "one of us"!

- If Pakistan develops strong relations with Arab and Muslim world I am proud b/c they are "one of us"!

- If ASEAN surpasses EU I am proud b/c they are "one of us"!

etc...

The people on this forum for most part are NOT stupid. Let's not try to deceive intelligent people here. In the past it was "okay" to publicly and openly be a racist, hang 'them n1ggers', rape them 'g00ks', get me a 'ch1nkie or c00lie' -- but nowadays it is PC -- there's retaliation for PUBLIC display of racism.

What resulted is not the elimination of racism, rather the deceptive move underground. We non-whites want to raise ourselves to a level of dignity. We do so NOT by pulling others down, rather lifting ourselves up with our own efforts and sweat. Like the Indian author of best-selling book said, "It's not so much America is declining rather that the rest of the world is rising up!"

It should be obvious by all the 'covert' and lame 'human-rights' excuses (by the way those who use it against us 'savages' are the MAJOR violator of human rights around the globe) actions take to "KEEP US DOWN". We are not stupid, we know hypocrites - and we despise them.

That is why I welcome India's advancement - I only hope GOI realizes a strong Asia-Arab-African-American union is best for the world peace. :cheers:
hey ! I dont remember whether i have criticised you in some other thread or not....but here...you are bang on target. Yes, we will prosper together.
(india+china+pakistan+bangladesh) zindabaad. Japan. korea etc do not need our wishes...they are already much ahead.

Santro.

Your military policy/ideology is already wat the Pakistanis have adapted.

In other words.

We can,t match your Ships, Planes, $$$ budgets. BUT if you cross our threshold we will nuke you FIRST.

ie Pakistan has clearly said they are happy to use nukes FIRST. The reason being they acknwledge in a conventional war they will start to lose territory sooner or later due to india,s greater resources.

IN CONTRAST INDIA has a clear NO FIRST USE POLICY./

For the reason they do not expect to be in a situation with regards to Pakistan where India may lose a Conventional war. They perceive the resource gap is to big for this to occur.

“A technology demonstrator”

T.S. Subramanian

CHENNAI: Atomic Energy Commission chairman Anil Kakodkar said on Sunday that the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC), by building the miniaturised reactor that propelled the country’s nuclear-powered submarine, had demonstrated “that we have our indigenous Pressurised Water Reactor (PWR) technology.” He called the launching of INS Arihant “an important milestone” in the Advanced Technology Vessel (ATV) programme. “This PWR technology is very complex. We have been able to compact this reactor and pack it in the cramped space” of the hull of the submarine, Dr. Kakodkar told The Hindu from Visakhapatnam where the submarine was launched.

The shore-based PWR has been working at Kalpakkam, 60 km from Chennai, for the past three years, he said.

India has been a world leader in building Pressurised Heavy Water Reactors (PHWRs) that use natural uranium as fuel, and heavy water as moderator and coolant. But this is the first time that India has built a PWR that used enriched uranium as fuel, and light water as both coolant and moderator.

Dr. Kakodkar said the BARC mastering the PWR technology was significant now, because the Light Water Reactors that India would be importing (from Russia, France, and the U.S.) were PWRs that used enriched uranium as fuel, and light water as both coolant and moderator.

To a question, the AEC Chairman said, “Yes, we miniaturised the reactor [on our own]. The basic complexity is that you have to make it into a compact power system to fit into a submarine.”

Srikumar Banerjee, BARC Director, also stressed that “the event marks the beginning of PWR technology in India.” The BARC made many design features to make this reactor compact. “There are novelties not only in the reactor’s design but in its manufacturing,” he said. For instance, the steam generator which drove the turbine to generate electricity, was compacted in a novel manner. The heart of the reactor is the steam generator.

Dr. Banerjee said: “A boat of this type is a major technology in itself. Its steam generator is yet another technology. The whole platform is a very complex combination of various technologies. That is why we are happy it has reached fruition.

“We have so far developed reactors built on the shore [on firm ground]. But a submarine is a moving platform. It is rolling and pitching, and undergoes other kinds of motion. Against these, we have designed and developed this compact reactor. This is a major achievement.”

Asked whether the Russians helped the BARC in miniaturising the reactor, Dr. Banerjee said, “No, no. They were consultants…Consultancy was done for the whole submarine, not for the power part alone.”

He denied that there was an inordinate delay in the programme. The ATV was conceptualised only in 1984. “This is a completely new technology. It takes time to develop.”

“Great event for nation”

A. Sivathanu Pillai, Chief Controller, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), said: “Launching the Arihant is a great event for the nation because we are in the select club of countries having a nuclear-powered submarine.”

Only Russia, France, the U.S., the U.K., and China have nuclear-powered submarines.

The Hindu : National : “A technology demonstrator”

Maverick
Hi, you are right. Pakistan needs to revisit its ambitions vis-a-vis its capabilities and national desirabilities. Pakistan is already a nuke weapon state and it assumes, perhaps rightly so, that being a nuke weapon state makes it immune to foreign invasions. Why then should it try to match India? A SSBN is designed to give a nation the capability of second strike. India's No first Use policy mandates the availability of a second strike capability. We had no option but to go for it. Pakistan has no such obligation therefore this logic does not apply to it. I will not presume to advise the Pakistanis on what they should do. But it is pointless going into another arms race with India. Even an imbecile can see that Arihant is not Pakistan specific. What I can say with certainity however, is that Indians on this thread who are boasting and threatening Pakistan with the Arihant may be forgiven as immature.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1)pakistan already has a first strike policy
2) if you are willing to let your entire country perish
----->a)what are you fighiting for?
b)what do you acheive by killing so many lives that you
can boast off?
c)with everyone dead (including you ). who will be there
to feel proud for your stupidity?
3) india will not completely destroyed .......yes it will be terribly hit but it will continue to exhist......some people will be left behind to get the country back together( it may take xxx yrs but someone is there to get back.....)
4) with pakistan totally gone ..... we can occupy it completely(just a sugession)if this happen there is no sense in your stupid act of destroying both the countries .....atleast india gets more land (useless but yes we get land) pakistan gets what?

considering the above stuff i trust you will not make a fool of yourself again(by posting crap like the one you have just posted)!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom