What's new

Pakistan Railways to get engines from India

the railways minister is balur of ANP , i say give it to MQM and see the results

Hi,

Pakistan needs to go back to the U S for diesel electric locomotives----. We had a proven working locomotive and then we screwed up and went for the cheaper chinese version----and also good pakistanis burnt quite a few of them in anger----others had a lots of parts stolen from them.

The GE engine never failed us---some 40 and 50 years old examples are still making runs through the country----. Nobody comes close to the GE / united states for diesel electric locomotives---they are the F16's / F15's of the railroad network of the world.

If India is supplying engines to Pakistan, then it is good thing that they are doing.

If India is supplying engines to Pakistan, then it is good thing that they are doing.

Why not....... and what will be the bidding & contractual terms, emissions and quality certifications?

If Diesel then I feel Pakistn should get WDP4 engines or lighter work horse WDP2. If Electric then WAP7 with 6250hp:cheesy:

so pathetic that some people want to bring in retarded brain-dead karachi politics into this discussion.....

anyways....

Hi,

Pakistan needs to go back to the U S for diesel electric locomotives----. We had a proven working locomotive and then we screwed up and went for the cheaper chinese version----and also good pakistanis burnt quite a few of them in anger----others had a lots of parts stolen from them.

The GE engine never failed us---some 40 and 50 years old examples are still making runs through the country----. Nobody comes close to the GE / united states for diesel electric locomotives---they are the F16's / F15's of the railroad network of the world.

chinese locos were not bad but the people who maintained them did corruption in the engine oils of locos by injecting same used oil again n again and showing on papers that this this new oil injected in that that engine n grabbed that money into their pockets that is the major problem ,, didnt u saw how all the engines stopped working everything is messed up railway need restructuring engines of US even cant make the difference railway will keep on facing such losses if govt didnt eliminated the cancer of corruption from the national institutions

Why not buy/rent from India and BD and Iran? Why should we leave out India from trade? Palestinians and Israelis trade, so do Greeks and Turks, why are we always trying to be the odd man out? As it is, there is billions of rupees of trade on the black market going on between Pakistan and India.

Trade is good. We buy cattle from them, and they buy sugar from us...there is already a precedence on the open market. Locomotives from India is not that bad of a deal if its feasible for us and if our own industry is not getting hurt (last time I checked, we do not manufacture/assemble any).
Sir, indian engines especially WDM, WDG and even more powerful WAP-7(6300 hp) engines are suitable for indian subcontinent climate, they are very rugged and can haul more than 26 boggies at speeds of about 120 kmph...
And as far as chinese engines are concerned, they are really crappy, because I myself have seen videos of pakistani mechanics, telling true picture of chinese locos....

They have certified chinese engines as (s)crap...no offence to chinese engg, but they chose inferior ones. Now its time to test Indian Engines..Does any other country uses Indian ones.?

a bit too much there..We ourselves use some Chinese made locomotive gears for various metro projects,here in India.Do you want a link?

Hi,

I completely agree with you sir, GE rockssss, I happen to attend a seminar at my college where GE's chief engineer from banglore came to adress us...it was really amazing...
Even indian diesel locos were derivative of GE's engine...and indian WDG-4 are proven engine, though itz a different matter that indian railway has electrified about 75-80% of total tracks and is going for more powerful electric engines WAP-7,9 (6300-6400 hp) class...even they are replacing WAP-4(5400 hp) with modern WAP-7s...
So indian engines will always benefit pakistan

a bit too much there..We ourselves use some Chinese made locomotive gears for various metro projects,here in India.Do you want a link?
Metro engines don't have to haul 26 boggies or 3000 tonnes of load...their working environment is completely different...
Besides, I don't think, except mumbai metro, we use chinese coaches...
Thirdly, chinese locomotives are really crappy and stand no where near either GE or our indian WDG-4

I completely agree with you sir, GE rockssss, I happen to attend a seminar at my college where GE's chief engineer from banglore came to adress us...it was really amazing...
Even indian diesel locos were derivative of GE's engine...and indian WDG-4 are proven engine, though itz a different matter that indian railway has electrified about 75-80% of total tracks and is going for more powerful electric engines WAP-7,9 (6300-6400 hp) class...even they are replacing WAP-4(5400 hp) with modern WAP-7s...
So indian engines will always benefit pakistan
PR went for GE engines and Chinese bogies, no point of reviving an old thread

We ourselves are importing lots of Diesel engines from other countries and tender has been floated because Varanasi plant only has production capacity of 150-200 diesel engines/year which could not fulfill the requirement of Diesel engines for Indian Railway. It would be unwise to lease or sell diesel engines to other countries. But we have sufficient electric engine production, we should export electric engines to other countries.

But Pakistan can go to Argentina or Chile for engine lease, they too use Indian Gauge.

Back
Top Bottom