What's new

Pakistan receives three upgraded F-16s from Turkey

RayKalm

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
28224.jpg

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

ISLAMABAD: The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has received the first batch of three F-16 Block 15 after mid life upgrade (MLU) from Ankara.

The aircraft were earlier sent to the Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) for MLU and have been delivered to the PAF on time.

In October 2010, PAF had signed a contract with TAI to upgrade all its F-16 Block 15 aircraft. Under the Peace Drive II programme, TAI is performing avionics and structural modernisation of F-16 aircraft that are on the inventory of Pakistan Air Force since 1982-83 and the project is planned to be completed by September 2014.

To commemorate the event, a simple ceremony was held at PAF Base Shahbaz. Deputy Chief of the Air Staff (Operations) Air Marshal Waseemuddin along with PAF officials attended the ceremony.asp?page=2012%5C02%5C25%5Cstory_25-2-2012_pg7_15

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

MCM_8371.JPG

301008-2.jpg

Turkish+Aerospace+Industries+is+Upgrading+Pakistani+F-16AB+Fighter+Jets.jpg

Pakistan+air+force+JF-17+Thunder+Fighter+JetsPAC+50+bach-I+1.jpg

good news.

wonder what is the status of the reported STAR upgrade for the Blk-15 MLU F-16 of PAF. initially it was reported that both are different programs but as per my study, its is the structural upgrades and is being carried along with MLU.

any news?

Man... TAI must work their as'ses off... They deliver 3 F-16 per week or so :)

hope they do better in combat

It's the worlds most proven combat aircraft i think it keeps up to its name... plus get a PAF pilot behind the viper and its all over simply.

"Bhuddy Sheer ko Nay Dant" ... :D ... PAF will be able to field a lot more BVR enabled fighter.

Are there any pics of the jets?
I thought the upgrade included IFF sensors in front of the canopy..whereas the picture that shows up...is missing those

thanks for sharing good news.....request for more pics :pakistan:.......where is turkey flag????pakturk friendship zindabad

Back
Top Bottom