What's new

Pakistan rumored to be interested in additional RJAF F-16s

That is all Pakistan can afford, and even then with US charity.

Then it is for Pakistan to decide how not to be a liability but an asset according to its own national interests.
so.....any pointers on how to do that? or just stating the obvious?

They are all AMRAAM capable - and the stock of 498 AIM-120s isn’t going to be depleted any faster as it was ordered to sustain a total of 92 F-16s originally.
i think ex-jordanian F-16s are not bvr capable.they're for air defence like F-7.can't fire bvr without upgrade.

Okay, lets say there is some truth behind all the conversation going about.

What do we know about the Royal Jordanian Air Force & its F-16.

First of all we know that unlike Greece, PAF has good relations with the Kingdom of Jordan & that we picked up 13 of their Vipers a few years back - currently being used by No. 19 Sqn (Sherdils).

So we know that Jordan is a Nation that we can deal with.

Jordan recently placed an order for 08 F-16 Block 70/72 and they might be looking to unload some of their older ones. Just for the record, Jordan did pick up some Vipers from Belgium & Netherlands barely 10 Years back.

Their current inventory consists of:

44 - F-16A's
15 - F-16B's

Q. How many Vipers do you guys think PAF would be looking to pick up just from Jordan?

Note: US Congress approval is NOT required for the Sale of used hardware. Just a nudge from the White House. As for the manufacturer - Lockheed Martin will pounce on just a deal.

so.....any pointers on how to do that? or just stating the obvious?

Any pointers I may give are - ahem - pointless, since it is not going to be heeded by those who run things here and in the country. I have posted on this many times before, and since then have learnt the futility of the effort. Those who rule Pakistan know what to do, and it is up to them to decide.

First of all we know that unlike Greece, PAF has good relations with the Kingdom of Jordan & that we picked up 13 of their Vipers a few years back - currently being used by No. 19 Sqn (Sherdils).

Jordan recently placed an order for 08 F-16 Block 70/72 and they might be looking to unload some of their older ones. Just for the record, Jordan did pick up some Vipers from Belgium & Netherlands barely 10 Years back.

44 - F-16A's
15 - F-16B's

Q. How many Vipers do you guys think PAF would be looking to pick up just from Jordan?

Note: US Congress approval is NOT required for the Sale of used hardware. Just a nudge from the White House. As for the manufacturer - Lockheed Martin will pounce on just a deal.
Also shows how Pakistan failed to deal with the American executive...
You are an American stooge and you can't get weapons that were released to you 40 years ago..

You have to be a terrible stooge

What about Iraqi F-16’s or Egypt’s Block 52’s?
We will never give anybody F-16 Block 52 we just got like 7 years ago. Maybe we give you the old blocks (b15 etc..) but never the Block52 hahaha

In a few years, many countries including Turkey will start selling their older models. I don't mind Pakistan procuring a few squadrons just to keep the numbers. It's still better than the hundreds of Mirages we collected from around the World. And till today BABA Mirage is still our potent and reliable bomber.
Maybe we might get these examples first!
1666787449534.png

UAE might retire their F-16E Block 60s early like they did with Mirage 2000-9. This is something we should definitely keep an eye out for.

Last Time if I remember correctly 13 F-16 PAF bought from Jordan replaced a squadron of F-7 insouth, which was a nice move, same will happen again IF the news is true.

My only concern is that either these birds will have BVR capabilities or not secondly we have limited stock of AIM-120C5 which is not going to increase with the increase of F-16 fleet
Jordan only has c7s unfortunately which will go with their F-16V. If we buy from another operator such as the euros im sure we will get their wpns stocks with them too

UAE might retire their F-16E Block 60s early like they did with Mirage 2000-9. This is something we should definitely keep an eye out for.

unlikely

i think ex-jordanian F-16s are not bvr capable.they're for air defence like F-7.can't fire bvr without upgrade.

they are all SLEPd and also MLU'ed, it was ADFs that were not BVR but we bought the ADFs, rest are just like ours

44 - F-16A's
15 - F-16B's

to be honest i still think itll be belgian vipers, they have alot of mlu in storage and low hours, we just bought their hercs too

Without upgraded avionics and ability to fire AMRAAM, it would be useless for future needs.

Back
Top Bottom