What's new

Pakistan rumored to be interested in additional RJAF F-16s

The world is buying F35s and we are stuck on F16s. Time to move on.

does our awaam have comprehension issues?

The f-16 is a perfectly capable fighter for our threat environment, on top of that, SLEP'ed airframes, like the jordanian ones, even though used will likely outlive brand new jf-17 airframes, all while being 1/3rd or 1/2 the cost.

The f-16 is a perfectly capable fighter for our threat environment, on top of that, SLEP'ed airframes, like the jordanian ones, even though used will likely outlive brand new jf-17 airframes, all while being 1/3rd or 1/2 the cost.
Awaam avoid paying taxes and do their best to use illegal channels to send money home - are in miserable economic conditions yet think the money for purchases grows on trees

India is making great strides in technology and indigenous production and Pakistan is living in fallacy of "We are alright Jack". India is being supported and equipped by the Western powers to fight China and we are falling behind in economic strength and military power. The shackles of the corrupts needs to be broken so we can progress.

Awaam avoid paying taxes and do their best to use illegal channels to send money home - are in miserable economic conditions yet think the money for purchases grows on trees

for our awaam the accountability always begins elsewhere, they are never at wrong, they will scream with pitchforks about x or y doing this or that and then when you ask for how much tax they paid they lose it

India is making great strides in technology and indigenous production and Pakistan is living in fallacy of "We are alright Jack". India is being supported and equipped by the Western powers to fight China and we are falling behind in economic strength and military power. The shackles of the corrupts needs to be broken so we can progress.
and if tomorrow the army just vanishes, imran is back in power, whats the plan? We have seen IKs economic policy and there was no way we were getting anywhere with that. The govt always has an inability to budget because they dont get enough revenue, 50% of the economy is informal and only 1% of the total population pay their taxes... I wonder how different the country would be if everyone did pay, because you can sit there and complain about muh govt is not investing in us or not helping us, but the govt can only do that if you allow them, pay your taxes, FOLLOW THE LAWS etc, start looking in the mirror first.

Anyway, this is about f-16s, not poor takes from our paindu defence expaarts, take your baseless political rambling to the correct thread

for our awaam the accountability always begins elsewhere, they are never at wrong, they will scream with pitchforks about x or y doing this or that and then when you ask for how much tax they paid they lose it
Pakistanis in a nutshell
02DF90EF-BC98-438A-BA27-8B36F012BF9F.jpeg

At highly discounted prices made possible by direct US support.
Discounts! F16s are sold by Lockheed Martin, why would they offer discounts? And US tax payers wont allow their own money to be used without approval. I dont have the exact figures, but PAF package was inline with what market costs were. Now numbers may appear less, but that is because of PAF planning, negotiations and cost cutting measures - for example taking surplus parts, surplus f16s and upgrading them, getting upgrades done via Turkey etc.
@SQ8 can probably shed more light, but all F16 deals are at the end commercial deals and never been subsidized by US tax money.

Discounts! F16s are sold by Lockheed Martin, why would they offer discounts? And US tax payers wont allow their own money to be used without approval. I dont have the exact figures, but PAF package was inline with what market costs were. Now numbers may appear less, but that is because of PAF planning, negotiations and cost cutting measures - for example taking surplus parts, surplus f16s and upgrading them, getting upgrades done via Turkey etc.
@SQ8 can probably shed more light, but all F16 deals are at the end commercial deals and never been subsidized by US tax money.

Do any of the Operations Peacegate ring any bells?

Guys, we don't even have confirmation of this deal, and we're discussing this to death already.

Do any of the Operations Peacegate ring any bells?

The recent deals during Musharaf time were all funded by Pakistani govt. I am not too privy to what happened in 80s, but older members may know more. You could be right about f16 deals in that time as Pakistan received a lot more for its role vs Soviets.

The recent deals during Musharaf time were all funded by Pakistani govt. I am not too privy to what happened in 80s, but older members may know more. You could be right about support during cold war, and Pakistan received a lot more for its role vs Soviets.

Let me just say that Pakistan got its F-16s and their upgrades under very favorable terms made possible by US taxpayers. :D

Let me just say that Pakistan got its F-16s and their upgrades under very favorable terms made possible by US taxpayers. :D
Well if it is our money than it should be possible to show that. Unless we have an Ishaq Dar of our own :angel:.

Back
Top Bottom