What's new

Pakistan starts production of avionics for JF-17 Thunder jet

farhan_9909

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Updated at: 1902 PST, Friday, May 28, 2010
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan on Friday successfully launched the production project of avionics for the fighter jet (JF-17 Thunder) at Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) Kamra.

Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, speaking as chief guest on the historic occasion, said, "a strong air force is essential for our nation's survival; therefore, self-reliance for PAF (Pakistan Air Force) is an important factor. Today's ceremony is an important step in this direction."

He expressed satisfaction that significant progress had been made in achieving national objective of attaining self-reliance in defence industries.

He commended the management, airmen and civilians of PAC for their devotion and dedication towards this project of national importance and urged them to continue this journey with added zealand zest.

Earlier, PAC Chairman Air Marshal Farhat Hussain Khan presented an appraisal of the JF-17 avionics programme activities.

He said the generic production and testing facilities had been established at Kamra Avionics and Radar Factory where, besides the Chinese avionics, four indigenously designed and developed avionics systems were also being produced.

He informed that the production scope would be progressively broadened to include the production of complete JF-17 avionics suite at Pakistan Aeronautical Complex.

Secretary of Defence Production, Members of JF-17 Board of Directors, Principal Staff Officers of Pakistan Air Force and representatives from the Chinese aviation industries attended the ceremony.

Pakistan starts production of avionics for JF-17 Thunder jet - GEO.tv

That is an excellent news.Another Bold step towards self reliance..........

Long Live Pakistan

the avionics will be pakistan indigious

or chineese bt produced in pakistan?

Great news for Pakistan on the day of Youm-e-Takbir.

I was hoping for a big news considering the importance of this day. Well no worries 14th August is also near :smitten:

PAf should utilize the expertise of AWC, NESCOM, PEC, etc to develop more indigeniuos systems for JF17.. but so far so good... great news realy... :chilli::pakistan:

Thanks sir... its always a pleasure to read your posts.:cheers:

People like you encourage me to post like that... My pleasure.. And Are these for Block 1 or block 2??? A good move after The French denied the Avionics........

People like you encourage me to post like that... My pleasure.. And Are these for Block 1 or block 2??? A good move after The French denied the Avionics........

Don't know sir about the block I or II. but there were news that pakistan will be manufacturing HMS and other equipments.. me not an expert so don't want to create confusion... But still good for pakistan even if it is with chinese help or license production. atleast we will be gaining some experience.:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom