What's new

Pakistan Supports India for United Nations Security Council Seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, seats are not given based upon any real logic, it's all politics.

South America needs representation. Africa needs representation. The gulf states need representation. But it's not about being fair.

Reform of the United Nations Security Council - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think a lot of the criticism and conflict is based in opinions and not facts. I think, and I'm biased here because I use my brain, that the future security of one nation not given a seat does not hinge upon another nation in that region getting a seat.

That's just childish.

Arg/Brazil is a good example. If Brazil gets a seat that doesn't mean that they are going to 'control' all of south america. The rest of south america is united by a language that brazil does not even speak. How can brazil take over? impossible.

that'll be his last day as president..

You guys are never happy, neither with Mushrraf or Zardari. u must be wondering why all Pakistani presidents support India? Becoz they figured out they there is no use of keep fighting for Kashmir. Pakistan can't take it and India won't give it no matter for how many years you fight.

Unfortunately, seats are not given based upon any real logic, it's all politics.

South America needs representation. Africa needs representation. The gulf states need representation. But it's not about being fair.

Reform of the United Nations Security Council - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think a lot of the criticism and conflict is based in opinions and not facts. I think, and I'm biased here because I use my brain, that the future security of one nation not given a seat does not hinge upon another nation in that region getting a seat.

That's just childish.

Arg/Brazil is a good example. If Brazil gets a seat that doesn't mean that they are going to 'control' all of south america. The rest of south america is united by a language that brazil does not even speak. How can brazil take over? impossible.

It is a mockery of the word 'reform', when the proposals being advanced under its guise are proposals that only expand very slightly an elitist club of nations that lord veto power over the rest, and in essence perpetuate and expand an international 'Caste system'. Nor is this 'reform' in the sense that the UNSC is being turned into a body that UN member States can aspire to equally, provided they meet certain criteria on representative government, development and compliance with UN goals on various issues such as human rights, development etc.

There are no standard metrics or process governing the inclusion of additional States - it is the selective and arbitrary expansion of a 'good ol boys club'. True reform would be movement away from permanent membership and movement away from the Veto, along the lines of proposals advanced by the United for Consensus group of nations.

In this particular case though, Pakistan is supporting India's candidature for the non-permanent rotating UNSC seat, which is how the UNSC should entirely be arranged and expanded.

Part of UNSC requirement I belive is to have a colony free past. That status i belived is enjoyed by very few states and India is not one of them. And Indian representation in UNSC is likely to outbalance the power of China, no matter how much they support it. America wants an entry in S.Asia and a puppet is being groomed for that.

After going this thread i get a feeling this thread has been hijacked with chinese war historians :) no offence to our chinese friends, do you guys feel the same way ?

Then why blame Indians alone as anti-china...if chinese people are so against India....

Please ignore him. There is no ill-feeling among the Chinese people towards India or Indians in the general population. Most people don't even know much about 1962 war between China and India, however what most people do know is that not even years after the war India and led countries from Non-Aligned Movement supported Resolution 2758 to replace ROC with PRC as the the only legitimate representative of China to the United Nations.

So it comes no surprise if China supports India for its PM of UNSC. Out of the 4 applicants(India, Germany, Brazil and Japan), China only oppose Japan to have its permament seat on the UNSC.

Last edited:
After going this thread i get a feeling this thread has been hijacked with chinese war historians :) no offence to our chinese friends, do you guys feel the same way ?

I agree.

But there is still something I have to add after reading someone's comment about Chinese army's involvement in the WW II, and insulted General Sun Li-jen(who is a relative to my family, so it is very personal for me.) I am not going to give a history listen here. I am just going to say that his achievements earned him the laudatory nickname "Rommel of the East" during WW II, and he received Knight Commander, Order of the British Empire which is one of the highest honor one can receive from King George VI for his action in Battle of Yenangyaung says a lot.

what the pak and chinese members r thinking, no one is caring but the reality is that chinese and pak govt. already supporting india as permanent member of UNSC..

I have not been through the whole thread, but going by the title can we remotely even come close to believing that india as a country will not harm Pakistans interest after achieving veto power if when they are trying to make our life miserable even now when they dont have one.

what the pak and chinese members r thinking, no one is caring but the reality is that chinese and pak govt. already supporting india as permanent member of UNSC..

China yes, Paksitan right now only supports India's rotating membership at UNSC.
Interestingly take a wild guess out of 5 permanent members of the UNSC guess who is responsible for India's abscense in UNSC?

I have not been through the whole thread, but going by the title can we remotely even come close to believing that india as a country will not harm Pakistans interest after achieving veto power if when they are trying to make our life miserable even now when they dont have one.

Reformed new PM of UNSC will not have the Veto power as the original 5, if that can ease your concerns.

China yes, Paksitan right now only supports India's rotating membership at UNSC.
Interestingly take a wild guess out of 5 permanent members of the UNSC guess who is responsible for India's abscense in UNSC?

clear ur words....what actually u wanted to say....

clear ur words....what actually u wanted to say....

I said take a wild guess who is the only one that has not agreed to let India join UNSC as a permanent member among the original 5 permanent members.

Hint - it is not on the Eurasia continent.

Last edited:
I don't see any reason why Pakistan should Support India for Non permanent Security Council seat , even if we do what would be that for ... Supporting Terrorism In Pakistan ?

Agreed, we should support resolutions calling for the condemnation of india's government to stop training suicide bombers and killing innocent Pakistani civilians. That would seem to be the more pressing matter at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom