What's new

Pakistan Test Fires Ghauri MRBM

Northern Pakistan is our gilgit baltistan.
Dude why most people in this thread can't understand this. This is annoying.
That's North Western Pakistan.

North Pakistan would also technically inlude upper regions of Potohar and AJK

Honestly, I don't know. I don't want to make a guess and end up looking stupid lol.
I have a question @Goenitz

Both Ghauri and Iran's Khoramshahr missiles are liquid fueled, but the exhaust plume of the latter is much cleaner, is this due to a higher quality propellent mixture?

I know we probably stopped work on Ghauri for a while now so it's relatively old tech, but it's similar size to the Khoramshahr-4 which supposedly takes a greater payload to significantly greater ranges

I know we probably stopped work on Ghauri for a while now so it's relatively old tech, but it's similar size to the Khoramshahr-4 which supposedly takes a greater payload to significantly greater ranges
The clean flame is an indication of good fuel mixing (stoichiometry), lighter fuel like alcohol (C2H5OH) that also contains oxygen in it, etc that is all I know.
In solid fuel, Al is added which gives a high impulse and the smoke is white Al2O3.

Now, why Guari smoke is cloudy or steamy, no idea (heavy fuel, some additive, etc),
I just know from my aerothermo class that liquid fuel is better and not just bcz we can control combustion but aslo due to high impusle. That I want to clarify that what is the main reason behind this and I think it is just due to the purity level of liquid fuel.
Other than that I am no expert in aerodynamics or chemistry etc.

InShot_20231031_131944731.jpg

Old picture I found. Test fire from Tilla range near Jhelum

With a crippled economy what's brings this test to Pakistan Just a show off

With a crippled economy what's brings this test to Pakistan Just a show off
Just like someone else mentioned, its a "test" but basically means missile is getting old and instead of just retiring it they fire it so troops get some experience

Topi drama

No war in history has ever been won by Rockets

From Era of Tipu Sultan to present , the rockets cause small damages but never win you conclusive war

Germany in WW2 launched massive Rocket launches but never won anything conclusive

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom