What's new

Pakistan Test Fires Ghauri MRBM

Asia-Pacific​

Pakistan has successfully
external link
conducted a training launch of a Ghauri medium-range ballistic missile. The military’s media branch, Inter Services Public Relations Pakistan, said Tuesday’s test was intended to determine the “operational and technical readiness of Army Strategic Forces Command.” ASFC operates Pakistan’s land-based, nonconventional ballistic and cruise missiles, most of which can be armed with nuclear warheads.

Exercise cum message for someone.

Yeah,
In none of the two tests, the missile range was mentioned.

That was deliberate.
The missiles, especially the liquid fueled ones are very "versatile".
Today it may have a range of 1000km, tomorrow it may be 2000km. Just difference in "configuration".

PS: It doesn't seem someone is getting the message;

Yeah,
In none of the two tests, the missile range was mentioned.

That was deliberate.
The missiles, especially the liquid fueled ones are very "versatile".
Today it may have a range of 1000km, tomorrow it may be 2000km. Just difference in "configuration".

PS: It doesn't seem someone is getting the message;
What's important is the timing and the frequency of the testing. Pakistan army has had some important intelligence from friendly countries which has triggered testing of nuke capable missiles. We have only two enemies in the region , one in the West and one in the East. Ghauri missile is sufficient for both.

What's important is the timing and the frequency of the testing. Pakistan army has had some important intelligence from friendly countries which has triggered testing of nuke capable missiles. We have only two enemies in the region , one in the West and one in the East. Ghauri missile is sufficient for both.

You guys probably haven't noticed. The guardian of both enemies is livid. The guardian sanctioned Chinese companies that are providing Pakistan with certain materials...

@JamD
what is the basic reason that liquid fuel has more impulse than solid? is it because solid is a mixture of fuel+oxidiser and liquid fuel impulse is calculated on a pure fuel basis?
it doesn't make any sense otherwise as solid is more compact so must have more impulse (considering it is a good fuel).
I will try to answer this from the perspective of a propulsion system, rather than from a chemistry point of view.

For a rocket/propulsion system, specific impulse (Isp) depends primarily on the exhaust velocity of the engine which in turn depends on the pressure difference between the interior and exterior of the combustion chamber. This is why in rockets the specific impulse varies with altitude and reaches a maximum in vacuum and this is also why Isp values are usually provided for operation at sea level ("sl") or in a vacuum ("vac").

To get a higher Isp, your engine needs to operate at a higher chamber pressure, which means you need higher combustion temperatures. This requires good combustion dynamics, high-temperature alloys for the chamber and good nozzle design. And this dictates the choice of the engine's power/combustion cycle - i.e. open-cycle/gas generator, staged combustion/preburning or full-flow staged combustion and the fuel/oxidizer choice. Also, the designs of the fuel/ox pumps + turbines and the preburners play a critical role.
Liquid rocket engines typically have higher combustion efficiencies than solid rocket engines due to the inherent nature of the fuel and oxidizer i.e. as a very fine mist of liquid injected into the combustion chamber and mixed in controlled ratios, allowing for efficient and complete combustion. Preburning in staged combustion/full-flow cycles further enhances this efficiency. Liquid rocket engines can be throttled or shut down during flight, which provides better control and flexibility in adjusting thrust levels. Solid rocket motors, on the other hand, solid rocket propellants are pre-mixed and cast into their final form, which can lead to variations in combustion efficiency and once ignited, cannot be easily controlled or throttled, limiting their versatility in many applications.

Isp for a propellant type alone doesn't mean anything, there needs to be an engine in the context for Isp to mean anything. Therefore, a liquid ENGINE can in many cases have better Isp than a solid engine but it might not always be the case.

I hope I didn't make a fool of myself.

I will try to answer this from the perspective of a propulsion system, rather than from a chemistry point of view.

For a rocket/propulsion system, specific impulse (Isp) depends primarily on the exhaust velocity of the engine which in turn depends on the pressure difference between the interior and exterior of the combustion chamber. This is why in rockets the specific impulse varies with altitude and reaches a maximum in vacuum and this is also why Isp values are usually provided for operation at sea level ("sl") or in a vacuum ("vac").

To get a higher Isp, your engine needs to operate at a higher chamber pressure, which means you need higher combustion temperatures. This requires good combustion dynamics, high-temperature alloys for the chamber and good nozzle design. And this dictates the choice of the engine's power/combustion cycle - i.e. open-cycle/gas generator, staged combustion/preburning or full-flow staged combustion and the fuel/oxidizer choice. Also, the designs of the fuel/ox pumps + turbines and the preburners play a critical role.
Liquid rocket engines typically have higher combustion efficiencies than solid rocket engines due to the inherent nature of the fuel and oxidizer i.e. as a very fine mist of liquid injected into the combustion chamber and mixed in controlled ratios, allowing for efficient and complete combustion. Preburning in staged combustion/full-flow cycles further enhances this efficiency. Liquid rocket engines can be throttled or shut down during flight, which provides better control and flexibility in adjusting thrust levels. Solid rocket motors, on the other hand, solid rocket propellants are pre-mixed and cast into their final form, which can lead to variations in combustion efficiency and once ignited, cannot be easily controlled or throttled, limiting their versatility in many applications.

Isp for a propellant type alone doesn't mean anything, there needs to be an engine in the context for Isp to mean anything. Therefore, a liquid ENGINE can in many cases have better Isp than a solid engine but it might not always be the case.

I hope I didn't make a fool of myself.
Yes, I think it is condition based definition then.
Then the choice depends upon doctrine, application and ease.

Well done

maybe send a few to Palestine ? or just keep firing to make your d$cks look big ?

Hey retarded Pakistani Generals, go test an ICBM!

Its about time! We are living in 2023 now!

I mean if North Korea can have an ICBM, then so can we!
Why we need an ICBM, to threaten USA? our enemies (Israel and India) are within the range of our missiles

Ghauri missile is sufficient for both.
only Shaheen-3 can reach Israel, Ghauri has not enough range to reach Israel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom