What's new

Pakistan Tests Upgraded Shaheen-1A Missile

510494455.jpg

test same missile and we all thought it would be ICBM, its not even 1000

waste of time and thoughts

andof course public money

Tactical missles are better suited to Pakistan's needs and situation, destroying cities may feel good but would help little given lack of strategic depth and even make the fighting more costly (killing a guy's wife and kids tends to fanaticize them)

(PS...haven't read the whole post, but it looks similar to a scud, same family tree perhaps?)

Why most of the Pakistani members are obsessed with range? I simply fail to understand the logic of having a missile with 2500+K range when the major enemy targets are within this range and covered by various missiles.

Reminds me of a story, Therre is a master swordsman who teaches the art to an arrogant prince, after two years of training the prince who now think he has become the master challenges his teacher for a duel. Teacher advises him that he still needs a lot to learn, but the prince being a prince, insists that he has become a better swordman than the teacher and insists for a martch. Teacher accepts the challenge and next morning places an order for a new 4 foot long sword (instead of the standard three foot long) to the best sword maker in town.

Prince's spys tell him about the four foot long sword, prince trying to outsmart the teacher orders a five foot long sword. On the big day they both come to the town center for the match. When the match start, teacher easily pulls out his three foot long sword from a four foot long sheath, but the prince couldnt pull out his five foot long sword from its five foot long sheath.... I think you get the picture

All those who think the test was a failure / waste of time and money have no clue about missile testing, missile testing is not limited to "range" only. Quite possible the test was conducted to test Chinese GPS system, or a new fuel type for higher speed/ efficiency, may be they just test fired a five year old missile to test the fuel/equipment life. May be they tested its resistance against some counter measures. there could be thousand different things. But Pakistani members being the typical Pakistani members would first create a super hype themselves and then get disappointed and then start bashing every institution and government offical, the only thing they should really be bashing is themselves.

I would only request them to please grow up, don;t build castels in the air, be realistic and respectful. Don't make fun fo your selves.

All those who think the test was a failure / waste of time and money have no clue about missile testing, missile testing is not limited to "range" only. Quite possible the test was conducted to test Chinese GPS system, or a new fuel type for higher speed/ efficiency. May be they tested its resistance against some counter measures. there could be thousand different things. But Pakistani members being the typical Pakistani members would first create a super hype themselves and then get disappointed and then start bashing every institution and government official, the only thing they should really be bashing is themselves.

I would only request them to please grow up, don;t build castles in the air, be realistic and respectful. Don't make fun of your selves.

Exactly my point...testing is not for the sake of "response" or "showing of" (not this type of testing). Every time, something new is tried.

Which Indian cities can Shaheen-1A cover with 750Kms range? Can it reach Delhi or Mumbai?

Are you dense or something? Shaheen I has a range of 750KM. Shaheen IA has an improved range, i.e. greater than 750KM.

don't mind him. the range is around 4000km, try to remember that number.

someone above mentioned the Chinese GPS, it's called Beidou system? Quite possible considering China's situation in South China Sea. it's a smart move into two angles, Chinese way of thinking.

Which Indian cities can Shaheen-1A cover with 750Kms range? Can it reach Delhi or Mumbai?

New Delhi , Mumbai , Agra , Jaipur , Amritsar , Chandigarh , Indore , Ahmedabad , and Pune to name a few :smokin:

Plus the actual range of Shaheen 1-A is more than 750 km . . . . So add many more cities in the above list. :azn:

Are you blind?
India tested an ICBM, Pakistan tested an ABM, since Pakistan goes most of the time for the most cost effective solution, that was the most reasonable and logical response.
600 million for an ICBM vs at most 6 million for a few ABMs for each Indian ICBM.
So you want to go bankrupt !?:fie:

Are you dense or something? Shaheen I has a range of 750KM. Shaheen IA has an improved range, i.e. greater than 750KM.

>750kms. means 750.0001Kms. to infinity range? May be Pakistan can target Andromeda galaxy with Shaheen-1A.

Back
Top Bottom