What's new

Pakistani Made Grad rockets not Good

Ukraine is losing badly. The Russians are employing excellent jamming. The Ukrainians cannot even communicate 100 meters apart.

Blame game is part and parcel blaming Pakistan is nothing new.

Pakistan should stay out of this.

I enjoyed reading the comments here. My takeaways are as follows:
1) KRL does produce these 122mm Grad rockets. It’s in every 23 March parade.

2) it does seem that the KRL launchers have additional components / stabilizers added to the system which increases the range and makes the weapon more accurate. This however is an area affect weapon used for suppression.

3) Azirbaijan seems to have used the complete weapon system including Pakistani launchers very successfully in their conflict. It. Seems Turkish drones were spotting and correcting fire from these launchers.

4) good on Pakistan to have sold extra stock to Ukraine more money for R&D. There maybe an idea to modify these to work with older launchers

5) seeing those success in Azirbaijan we should build more of these for deployment at the LoC

K
Can you kindly link the Azerbaijani documentry here, where they are praising Pak grads, i can't find it.

can you link this documentry

We should take this as constructive criticism rather than an insult. I don't think anyone would spontaneously say this for nothing.

Supposedly the quality control and production procedures are not up to standard. Sloppy work.

Screenshot_20230818_215010_Chrome.jpg

We should take this as constructive criticism rather than an insult. I don't think anyone would spontaneously say this for nothing.

Supposedly the quality control and production procedures are not up to standard. Sloppy work.

View attachment 946931

The grads are fine, further orders were placed

They took everything,

They placed orders for various armaments and they asked what kind of further stocks Pakistan had

As well as newer stock, they purchased old stock in storage, they were told it's old, they still bought it

May be Pakistan have sent older stock, because currently Pakistan can produce longer range (40km) rockets for BM-21 launcher due to ToT from France.

Yep, they bought new stock plus as much older stock we would sell

New stock is fine, they would have been informed older stock carried a risk, they knew the risk and still took it

They took everything,

They placed orders for various armaments and they asked what kind of further stocks Pakistan had

As well as newer stock, they purchased old stock in storage, they were told it's old, they still bought it
Ukraine was scurrying for any supplies it could get though and it was all funded by the Americans so it doesn't mean much if they took more, nothing went out of their pocket. Better something than nothing.

View attachment 946931
Maybe @PanzerKiel could shed some light?

Last edited:
The only claim I've heard is that the launchers used by Ukraine were the old Russian type which effected performance, while Pakistan had upgraded its launchers in accordance to the upgraded missiles to maximise capability

Not sure how much I believe that claim

It’s more likely to believe the corrupt Pakistani army is also manufacturing below par weapons.

It’s more likely to believe the corrupt Pakistani army is also manufacturing below par weapons.

Unfortunately that's probably the most likely scenario, quality control and production procedures are likely subpar. Overall R&D is probably sloppy.

Anyway let's hope they are at least they accept the constructive criticism

They took everything,

Can you further elaborate on this one?

Ukraine was scurrying for any supplies it could get though and it was all funded by the Americans so it doesn't mean much if they took more, nothing went out of their pocket. Better something than nothing.

Maybe @PanzerKiel could shed some light?
MBRL as a weapon was phased out 23 years ago. Ammo stocks which were exported are more than 30 years old. The buyer knew they were old since they have old markings on them. Even then they bought them keeping in view their precarious situation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom