What's new

Pakistani Made Grad rockets not Good

Here is a good analysis on the reasons for some failures.

I agree with the author that the same rockets with their upgraded launcher preformed very very well In Azirbaijan. These are used by 40 countries….. so this makes sence

K
can u link the documentary the author is talking about.

I enjoyed reading the comments here. My takeaways are as follows:
1) KRL does produce these 122mm Grad rockets. It’s in every 23 March parade.

2) it does seem that the KRL launchers have additional components / stabilizers added to the system which increases the range and makes the weapon more accurate. This however is an area affect weapon used for suppression.

3) Azirbaijan seems to have used the complete weapon system including Pakistani launchers very successfully in their conflict. It. Seems Turkish drones were spotting and correcting fire from these launchers.

4) good on Pakistan to have sold extra stock to Ukraine more money for R&D. There maybe an idea to modify these to work with older launchers

5) seeing those success in Azirbaijan we should build more of these for deployment at the LoC

K

I enjoyed reading the comments here. My takeaways are as follows:
1) KRL does produce these 122mm Grad rockets. It’s in every 23 March parade.

2) it does seem that the KRL launchers have additional components / stabilizers added to the system which increases the range and makes the weapon more accurate. This however is an area affect weapon used for suppression.

3) Azirbaijan seems to have used the complete weapon system including Pakistani launchers very successfully in their conflict. It. Seems Turkish drones were spotting and correcting fire from these launchers.

4) good on Pakistan to have sold extra stock to Ukraine more money for R&D. There maybe an idea to modify these to work with older launchers

5) seeing those success in Azirbaijan we should build more of these for deployment at the LoC

K

Not to mention I read Kashmiri rebels used the Anza successfully against Soviet built Mig-29s for the IAF

Silly ?

So silly that ISPR officially named him as his enemy

Besides you to have a brain to decipher what is silly or not
One word, " clearance"
That man never had the clearance for most of the things he talks about.
Secondly, knowledge about the current affairs of the army after retirement usually dissipates as your circles get smaller.
A retired major would know much less than what this chap claims.
Thirdly
The usual storage doesn't indicate wear and tear old ammunition would have during that time.

Screenshot_2023-05-02-01-29-15-77_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

I had to wait for confirmation if "06/22" was expiration or manufacturing date of the said ammunition...
By my sources " retired ordinance officer ", it's manufacturing date.
But I still would welcome second or third confirmation by @Signalian or @PanzerKiel

Joint Direct Attack Munitions, which rely on satellites for navigation, are repeatedly missing their targets.
Headshot of Kyle Mizokami
BY KYLE MIZOKAMI
APR 20, 2023
  • JDAM satellite-guided bombs provided to Ukraine are missing their targets.
  • First used in Afghanistan, the bombs home in on coordinates with the help of GPS signals, greatly boosting accuracy.
  • Russia has considerable experience with anti-GPS techniques, including protecting President Vladimir Putin, himself.

American-made satellite-guided bombs provided to Ukraine are missing their targets. These Joint Direct Attack Munitions (JDAMs)—which use a strap-on kit that turns ordinary aerial bombs into precision-guided weapons—have repeatedly failed in the field, falling victim to Russian electronic-warfare jamming.

Battlefield Improvisation​

training session of ukrainian air force at a military airbase in vasylkiv village

A ground crew directs a MiG-29 fighter jet of the Ukrainian Air Force after a flight, November 2016.

Over the past year, the United States and Ukraine have been working together to bring advanced American weapons to the Ukrainian Air Force’s aging fighter jets. In September 2022, Ukraine’s air force surprised the world when it revealed that it was using American-made AGM-88 High-Speed Anti-Radiation Missiles (HARMs), launched from MiG-29 and Su-27 fighters to attack Russian air-defense radars. The HARMS, used to attack Russian air-defense radars, helped Ukrainian jets and helicopters move a little more safely near an extremely dangerous front line.

In December, the U.S. government took a further step, announcing it would send JDAM satellite-guided bombs to Ukraine. Guided by GPS satellite signals, the bombs were supposed to provide Ukraine with a quick and easy precision-guided aerial bomb capability. Now, four months later, the U.S. government believes that the bombs are falling victim to Russian jamming efforts, according to Politico.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom