What's new

Pakistani spy caught

Yes, interrogate MMS after his scheduled visit to Pak gets over.

This unfortunate "paranoia" of hate is the problem I point out.
I interact with many of you, and have other Indians as friends.. along with many others.
I have also worked on many projects that will never be publicly available...I know my limits to maintain..
and those that monitored me during my employment also knew of it.
Yet I was not picked up, bothered.. or considered a threat to everybody.
Why should my interactions with you , or my ancestry from India.. or relatives in India.. be a red flag all the time?
Why should the same be with Indians have a similar situation.. ??
Will every Indian Sikh be interrogated, suspected.. jailed .. after they return from the Gurdwaras in Pakistan?

Perhaps this case is genuine. Perhaps it is not.. but it should not have a "usual suspect" motivation behind it...that is the fear I echo.

I have done a great deal of thought over this. Nobody hated us Muslims before 9/11. It was always the "crazy incompetent Arabs". It was always evil "I-raq" or "I-ran" never "Muslim".

I always wonder, if Pakistan hadn't existed, Afghanistan probably wouldn't have winded up the way it is right now. Terrorists would never be able to find safe havens and be find opportunity for growth.

Islam would have grown to become the greatest religion worldwide in the absence of distorting elements hailing from AfPak.

I curse the day pakistanis and afghanis under a mentally deranged Arab leadership conspired together to bring 9/11.

Ultimately, i curse the saudis, but that's for another discussion.

I interact with many of you, and have other Indians as friends.. along with many others.
I have also worked on many projects that will never be publicly available...I know my limits to maintain..
Why should my interactions with you , or my ancestry from India.. or relatives in India.. be a red flag all the time?
Will every Indian Sikh be interrogated, suspected.. jailed .. after they return from the Gurdwaras in Pakistan?

Perhaps this case is genuine. Perhaps it is not.. but it should not have a "usual suspect" motivation behind it...that is the fear I echo.
Exactly...............Since coming on PDF I have learnt many things, that opposing parties refuse to consider-
-Both the countries are victims of terrorist attacks
-Both think that they are responsible
-Both consider each other's people as having stereotype against them or hating them
-Both want peace, but somehow have come to the conclusion that the other one doesn't want it.

Can there be greater irony??Both the nations want the same things but they are taking every route for it, except the straight one..........:hitwall::hitwall:
To Pakistanis and Indians- remove the names and flags, and will there be any difference left???Are we not brothers who lived together and shared the same heritage for millenias, before the Brits divided us?? Look at the cacausian race.......They were barbarians until coming in contact with the east. Yet now they are the most powerful race on earth.
Why??Because they are pretty much united and most importantly, believe in the idea of The West, an idea of unity.
It is their unity which gave west an unprecedented edge over the East, and once the East unites even a little bit, there will no one who culd stand upto us..

I have done a great deal of thought over this. Nobody hated us Muslims before 9/11. It was always the "crazy incompetent Arabs". It was always evil "I-raq" or "I-ran" never "Muslim".

I always wonder, if Pakistan hadn't existed, Afghanistan probably wouldn't have winded up the way it is right now. Terrorists would never be able to find safe havens and be find opportunity for growth.

Islam would have grown to become the greatest religion worldwide in the absence of distorting elements hailing from AfPak.

I curse the day pakistanis and afghanis under a mentally deranged Arab leadership conspired together to bring 9/11.

Ultimately, i curse the saudis, but that's for another discussion.

Incorrect..
Muslims were made fun of, ridiculed and targeted much before 9/11...
There is a whole hollywood list to identify with that..
What has changed is ONLY muslims being targeted.
AfPak has little to do with it.. and more so with the Najdi philosophy corrupting it.

Rather generalizing anything, people should take it as a single incident. Otherwise it will make things worse for intelligence and security agencies and cast doubts on entire community. The opportunists may take advantage of this mind set.

There is a reason a person is considered innocent unless proved otherwise, in court of law. Its because to avoid propagation of prejudice regarding certain sex, age, caste, race, religion etc.

The law makers knew how general people will reach to conclusion without knowing all the facts and arguments.

Paranoia prevails in a society where there is lack of rationality.

There are criteria and pattern created out of past incidents which may be totally different from what common people can think. And its good they are not in open, otherwise people will resort to take law in their own hands without knowing the complete truth.

Exactly...............Since coming on PDF I have learnt many things, that opposing parties refuse to consider-
-Both the countries are victims of terrorist attacks
-Both think that they are responsible
-Both consider each other's people as having stereotype against them or hating them
-Both want peace, but somehow have come to the conclusion that the other one doesn't want it.

Can there be greater irony??Both the nations want the same things but they are taking every route for it, except the straight one..........:hitwall::hitwall:
To pakistanis and Indians- remove the names and flags, and will there be any difference left???Are we not brothers who lived together and shared the same heritage for millenias, before the Brits divided us?? Look at the cacausian race.......They were barbarians until coming in contact with the east. Yet now they are the most powerful race on earth.
Why??Because they are pretty much united and most importantly, believe in the idea of The West, an idea of unity.
It is their unity which gave west an unprecedented edge over the East, and once the East unites even a little bit, there will no one who culd stand upto us..

Actually , what is beyond the scope of the topic.. but is an issue..
Is where the actual divide .. which was a visible line, but not one that should have led to bloodshed.. has now deepened to a huge chasm..
But then again.. this is not the Pakistan of M.A Jinnah.. so that argument may not stand anymore..

Actually , what is beyond the scope of the topic.. but is an issue..
Is where the actual divide .. which was a visible line, but not one that should have led to bloodshed.. has now deepened to a huge chasm..
But then again.. this is not the Pakistan of M.A Jinnah.. so that argument may not stand anymore..
You are right , this is beyond the scope of the topic, but is neccesary as it is the root cause. I can understand the fear of persecution, of being marginalised, which led to the creation of this line, but what I do not understand is wouldn't the muslims had been a greater force within a common nation?? They would have lived in the world's biggest muslim and hindu nation, which would have been wielding considerable power for there wouldn't have been the wars which kept us concentrated on defence and not on development ..........
However, I agree that I am being too idealistic.................But people should remember, that this is the Idealistic situation.

sadly.. it actually seems that way.
India's security apparatus is on a witch hunt.. and this time the targets are Indian Muslims.

I did not expect the victim card to be used to soon.

Pretty sure I will be labelled Islamophobic...Its all according to the script..

Please.. assuage my concerns.. instead of coming up with cynical jibes on my post.

Nothing..I mean absolutely nothing can cure the Muslims of their siege mentality..something I have learned over the years...

You assuage one of their concerns and in the meantime they would have generated three concerns...

yeah I'm a bit generalizing...I admit there are exceptions to all generalizations..

As expected from the rest of you.. however.. was the normal knee jerk reaction..
Only complete simpletons would assume I imply all Indian Muslims are now being made to wear Yellow bands with green crescents..but then again.. how dare I point a finger at shining India and not invite the wrath of every blindfolded "patriot".

The fact that Muslims are being identified with terrorism the world over, has not been lost in India.. and how that worldwide statistic translates into an India which has a large Muslim representation is important.
Through media representation of the subject and criminal stereotyping.. it seems to be ongoing.
And as outlined by most of you.. Since ISI is the ultimate bogeyman.. and ISI belongs to a "Muslim" country.. the connection seems to have become a popular choice for a suspect caught in anything.
So a Muslim caught in any wrong doing, automatically is an ISI agent.. convenient.. sits will with prosecution.. and popular too.
And with 200 million candidates to choose from.. you have a good pool of potential "ISI agents" ready.

And oh.. just so some burned person decides to bring it up.. Ill do it myself.
The same tactic works well in Balochistan.. after all.. its convenient this side of the suez to blame things on the usual suspect instead of awarding justice.. since blaming it on the usual suspect not only helps mask one's own incompetence in protecting its citizens.. it also is a popular tactic..and soothing to many egos.

Or could it be you are wrong here and that guy was infact a SPY ?

The working of Pakistani intelligence is very different from what the source claims. Pakistan hardly sends spies to India, as we have Indian civilians AND military officers working directly and indirectly under us. Actually, we don't need to do that when Indian Colonels are dumb enough to leak the confidential information to us. ;)

Probably a journalist, like any other time.

Wrong analogy..

The legacy of partition coupled with the idea of pakistaniyat with many of their relatives living in pakistan along with possibility of falling prey to the brainwashing of the mullahs about service to their religion is something unique to muslims..

did jinnah and nehru not know all these when they dithered on the transfer of population...and people call them visionaries...:rolleyes:

but it should not have a "usual suspect" motivation behind it...that is the fear I echo.

i think it might be too late for that...and we can agree to disagree as to who is the culprit...

The working of Pakistani intelligence is very different from what the source claims. Pakistan hardly sends spies to India, as we have Indian civilians AND military officers working directly and indirectly under us. Actually, we don't need to do that when Indian Colonels are dumb enough to leak the confidential information to us. ;)

Probably a journalist, like any other time.

It's better to read the OP before commenting, he is an Indian citizen.

On topic: Great catch, well done, now to 3rd degree, a spy is a spy Muslim or not.

No and similarly I'm pretty confident not every Indian Muslim is interrogated, suspected.. jailed .. after they return from in Pakistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom