What's new

Pakistanis told to drink less tea as nation grapples with economic crisis

i will drink less tea to do my part but i will drink more dollars because their is a abundance it is produced on the field by printer. who says money dont grow on trees, its paper.
mashallah i will drink more to help imported government.

i will drink less tea to do my part but i will drink more dollars because their is a abundance it is produced on the field by printer. who says money dont grow on trees, its paper.
mashallah i will drink more to help imported government.
So the only solution to pakistans problem is drinking less tea.
How does that help the economy?

Not a big fan of a tea here.
For year's I only drink one cup a day after the breakfast.
But yes there are people who drink 5 times a day. Tea culture is pretty strong here.
I think in these austerity times tea should be replaced with beer ,it's good for summers plus unlike tea we don't import barley ;)
Let's give our local farmers some boost.

Whats next? eat less roti? or don't eat roti at all.
Next, they will say roj ka ek roti ka.
tea should be outright banned .....spending precious reserves on something as useless as tea is not good!
$600 million for tea import is lot for a country which doesn't export much. You should come up with tea alternatives to do away with tea.

$600 million for tea import is lot for a country which doesn't export much. You should come up with tea alternatives to do away with tea.
dont need alternatives... people can live without tea!

Next, they will say roj ka ek roti ka.

Oh please come on. Don't buy into this dumb idea that tea is the problem. It wasn't a problem before these theives came to power. Did anyone in the history of the wold blame a drink for economic mismagament of a country caused by lotas

This is stupid they need to go further. Ban tea and get it enforced with muscle.
Only way.

Increase your exports, simple as that.
Increasing exports will also increase imports that are required to realize the exports unless your value addition improves. It is a structural problem and cannot be easily resolved as some may think. Ban of tea may sound comical, but it is a reasonable short term measure. Every little bit of saving counts when in desperate times. Once IMF funds are approved, then Pakistan is back on track! :cheers:

Increasing exports will also increase imports that are required to realize the exports unless your value addition improves. It is a structural problem and cannot be easily resolved as some may think. Ban of tea may sound comical, but it is a reasonable short term measure. Every little bit of saving counts when in desperate times. Once IMF funds are approved, then Pakistan is back on track! :cheers:
China neither gives a crap about greylist or blacklist so they will continue to keep investing in Pakistan. Getting off the greylist is necessary as brings FDI from the West. If Pakistan gets off the greylist and manages to attract significant FDI from the West then Pakistan will be able to sustain a high growth rate which it has previously failed to do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom