What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

Iam just wondering why aren't the two saab aircrafts been painted in our PAF schme as of yet? and plus not further news on them as they been put under a lid.

Iam just wondering why aren't the two saab aircrafts been painted in our PAF schme as of yet? and plus not further news on them as they been put under a lid.

I think after the Mumbai fiasco PAF wanted the AEWACs as quickly as possible. The Sukhoi 30 Radar and lack of any MLU or BLK 52 f-16s would leave us with a serious drawback in the air. Ground based radars cannot be dependent upon as they might need to be switched off for anti-radiation missiles being homed on them by India.

In this scenario our Shorter range radars on Mirage and F-7 would desperately need AWACs to vector them or coordinate.

So my guess that they wanted AWACs crew trained and aircraft tested as soon as possible.

Plus i don't really know how much they really want to paint them. I mean you can look at other nations' AWACs and see they are just plain simple.

1008292247a9458c844c20a228.jpg

1008292247a96297248c4295e2.jpg

1008292247ab009f735c1b771c.jpg

hope we get our remaining awacs planned ordered from china sooner than later pakistan need tem darely dont know where is the deal of hawkeye system went till know nothing came any news about this

hope we get our remaining awacs planned ordered from china sooner than later pakistan need tem darely dont know where is the deal of hawkeye system went till know nothing came any news about this

perhaps PAF want to further study the Erieye in detail and render some input to KJ-200 modification as per our requirment.

this is how we usually do things!!
:china: :pakistan:

:D
regards!

Btw what's going with the chinesse awacs aircraft and about the remaining saab aircraft?

ahh yes. E-3 Sentry :D

saw some of the other pictures there too, did a little spying.

where can i get ''troll spray'' :D:D

What about the radars to be fitted on Naval P3C orions....?

We haven't heard anything about them?

:blink:

I think 2 have been recieved and they had been used in exercise High Mark as well.
The chinese awac will come this year.

that how they report it:

PAF received the second of four SAAB 2000 Aireye, Airborne Early warning and Control System (AWACS) aircraft, on 24 April 2010. The first aircraft was received in December 2009. The last two examples should be delivered before the end of this year.
(23 May 10)

regards!

What about the radars to be fitted on Naval P3C orions....?

We haven't heard anything about them?

:blink:

we have got two more upgraded P-3C in May this year. are you talking about these or is there something else also going on?
here is the news report:

On 1 May 2010, two more upgraded P-3C surveillance aircraft, were handed over to the Pak Navy in a ceremony in USA. Pak Navy already has two upgraded P-3Cs, a further three examples will be upgraded and handed over to Pak Navy by 2012.
(23 May 10)

regards!

Back
Top Bottom