What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

I do agree more the merrier, but 14 AEW is an a unwanted nuisance for PAF, isnt it?

14 AEW's or AWACS would probably mean less time in the air and less maintenance required. It also means in the event of conflict that there would be a more complete coverage.

There is also the issue of integration. The western fighters would require certain systems as would the Chinese.

14 AEW's or AWACS would probably mean less time in the air and less maintenance required. It also means in the event of conflict that there would be a more complete coverage.

There is also the issue of integration. The western fighters would require certain systems as would the Chinese.

less maintance, i dont think so.

Actually you'll find that maintenance cycles are based upon usage. If you use a aircraft less it requires less maintenance (since it is generally done upon usage) So the more platforms you have the less hours each one will have to log, therefore the maintenance will be less.

At the end of the day, it will only mean that the mean time b/w maintenance would be a lot more, as the time would be divided between the 14 aircrafts, but in the end, all 14 will have to be undergo maintenance, so it would add up to the same cost. Just the time required b/w maintenance would be far less.Means more assets are readily available for flights.

AoA
Transport aircraft like IL-76, SAAB 2000 can go without maintenance for weeks. So in case of conflict which I doubt will last for more than 2 weeks maintenance will not be an issue for PAF and IAF both.

You mean for every 3 Phalcons you will have 7 Erieye, well IAF is extending the order from 3 to 6 by this fiscal. So will PAF have 14 AEWs. 14 AEWs for 150 - 250 JF-17, and 96 F-16.

14 AEW will require a good protection around itself, say for eg if they need 5 - 6 planes around it that takes away 100 planes from the theatre of operation and leaves PAF with just 300 planes to operate against IAF and IN.

No, don't be too analytical mate!
When I said 7:3 I meant confirmed order. Whenever India buys more we'll talk. You know how long it takes your babu's to induct new platforms. ;)

Actually its being brought down from seven to six including one in spare.

I nerver support to reduce the numbers of Erieye after a very long waiting years we are just near to getting more planes means more trained staff and most effective performance and backups ... Simple ...:coffee:

No, don't be too analytical mate!
When I said 7:3 I meant confirmed order. Whenever India buys more we'll talk. You know how long it takes your babu's to induct new platforms. ;)

So it's 10:3 so far then...........I feel like a Hawkeye 2000 cheerleader here :lol:

According to Air International. PAF has now opted for 5 Saab 2000 instead of original 6.

I think 5 will be enough to cover a country the size of Pakistan. India might want to buy more though.

India will most certainly buy more. Its just that the Phalcons are freaking expensive. Erieye is a budget version when compared with Phalcon.

Back
Top Bottom