What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

The variant Pakistan Air Force is getting is Sleeker if you notice in the picture, its a standard platform, we require standard not a queen.

Is there any active program Y-8/ZDK-03 based Maritime Surveillance and Anti Submarine Warfare. Could become a good platform for Navy.

none that we know of but i remember reading that the Y-8 may be evaluated as a 'Gunship' ala C-130's various variants

paf_dec_cal_jan14.jpg

I agree that the above aircraft is not good looking. However, what matters is its effectiveness rather than its look.

but still beauty is always a plus point .people perceive from what they see

Beuti is lies in the eyes of the army that knows every move of its enemy ....:chilli: you move a muscle , we know what you did

Not a new development for our AWAC program. Had Pakistan wanted or the Chinese wanted to provide AESA based platform to Pakistan, we would have gone with it, but we choose the other option, an ESA radar platform but not AESA.

This T0518 is a testing platform, meaning it first tested one set of radar set on it, once that was finalized and a production model made which we saw with the Air Chief Marshal pic in it, this testing platform had done its job and now it seems to have been fitted with a triangular placed AESA radar for testing and evaluation.

My hunch is its for the Chinese Air force as they had not inducted in numbers the linear shaped KJ-200 in numbers as it has certain deficiency with no 360 coverage, and their KJ-2000 platform is facing a problem due to non availability of IL-76/78 platforms from Russia, thus CAF may have now opted to get a 360 coverage capability by having a triangular placed AESA radar fitted to their own made Y-8 platforms, and this T0518 is the testing platform for this new concept to be tested out.

Our model has been made and most probably now in testing stage and improvements or modifications would be done based on the testing done on this PAF version of the AWAC.
exactly!....I think amiarraul also mentioned this deficency when one posted questioned why PAF did not go with KJ-2000.

Point to be noted here,
The aircraft is same old prototype 10518 but the radar is similar to KJ-2000's.
kj2000_2.jpg

see the triangular design on the radar of Y-8 is same as KJ-2000 radar.remember half January has been over and there is no sign of ZDK-03 induction into PAF. they would be testing new radar for ZDK-03 because the radar they had on ZDK-03 was same like this one
67024289-zdk.jpg

it was also reported to have AEW radar Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force.
i am sure that they delayed ZDK-03 induction for something fishy, the answer is up there.

look here the similar radar of ZDK-03 and y-8
Older+version+of+zdk-03Karakoram+Eagle+%25283%2529.jpg

PAF%20ZDK-03%20AWACS%20aircraft.jpg

I have a question here. The old pic has only four blades per engine where as in the pic where PAF officials are present, there are six blades per engine............people are saying its the same old frame.......then why do we have a difference in engine blades? or is it just that the frames are same but engines are different?

I have a question here. The old pic has only four blades per engine where as in the pic where PAF officials are present, there are six blades per engine............people are saying its the same old frame.......then why do we have a difference in engine blades? or is it just that the frames are same but engines are different?

PAF ZDK-03 AEW&C is a completely new platform, Y-8F600 version, the older testbed was a Y-8F400 version most probably, and its still with the Chinese and working as a testbed, now fitted with a round dish having 3-sided triangular placed AESA radar in it just like its bigger brother KJ-2000 platform.

PAF would be getting brand new Y-8F600, which are changed ones compared to Chinese versions.

For reading:

Yun-8 (Y-8 Cub) Turboprop Transport Aircraft - SinoDefence.com

The more blades are quieter and more efficient. PAF asked for inprovements after testing the old.

Back
Top Bottom