What's new

Pakistan's Airborne Early Warning and Control Aircrafts

as sir munir inform us. it will be in pakistan within 2 or 3 months.

Somewhere around 2010-11 from what I have read. Pakistan still wants some improvement on the platform.

thats good, with the SAAB systems in induction phase we wont be in a hurry to get the chines one so let them improve these!
i hope that AWACS systems will add great power to our forces!

regards

do our JF17 have the ability ti be data linked with these systems,

if so it will atleast cancle out one point of radar where Su30 have an edge over JF 17( though there are many other)

any info?

regards!

Pakistan's aircraft has five on-board operator stations, versus three on modified EMB-145s and Sweden's two upgraded Saab 340s, a service ceiling of over 30,000ft (9,150m) and a mission endurance approaching 10h. The type also features enhanced engines, new generators, additional cooling for on-board mission equipment and a Saab HES-21 electronic warfare suite comprising laser, radar and missile approach warners and countermeasures dispensers.

The aircraft's fuselage has been strengthened to carry the Erieye radar, while its vertical tail has been extended to compensate for the payload, which provides 150e_SDgr coverage to each side of its conformal array. The Saab 2000's outer wing has also been strengthened to accommodate EW and signals intelligence sensors, and for the possible carriage of a towed radar decoy.

Saab says the use of new-generation radar transmit/receive modules with 60% higher output have increased the AEW range of the Erieye design, which can also now detect hovering helicopters and track small naval targets to a range of 350km (190nm).

The global fleet of Saab 2000s now totals 58 airframes. Around 20 of these are owned by the Swedish manufacturer's aircraft leasing unit, which says the type has a projected operating life of at least 75,000 flight hours. "We have sufficient aircraft for a lot of different customers," says Andersson, adding: "Given typical utilisation, they are due to operate for the next 35 to 40 years."

Source: Saab scans AEW market for new Erieye buyers

Some handy info if it hasn't been posted before.

Sir i am bit confused that indian aquire the ceiling top 60,000 with phelcons but pakistan has only 30,000, and one more important question about saab AEW&Cs system is that it is week from front & behind:pakistan:.:confused::confused:

regards

Sir i am bit confused that indian aquire the ceiling top 60,000 with phelcons but pakistan has only 30,000, and one more important question about saab AEW&Cs system is that it is week from front & behind:pakistan:.:confused::confused:

regards

I suggest reading ......The pages of this thread are a good place to start.

Wow no info on our awac's nor or air refueliers ? i hope we hear some good news soon!

PAF is not amused if things leak out... Example... Erieye witout the radar was transferred to PAF in september... I have seen couple of pics of it some months ago yet AFM published it this month... So we are 8 months behind what happened. The Ericson version was planned in june 2009.

Knowing that India got its AWACS may 18th we can expect that PAF will not wait much longer then june. There are no problems with the testing sofar.

regards

well in terms of service celing the indian system do have an edge but for as for the PAF system being weak from front and behind, you are wrong!

this point have been disscussd earlier and i suggest you to go through this thread! i hope this will help you out!

regards!

All senior Members,
last day i red news on bbc site, that, phelcons system reached india and they are very happy,
now
plz satisfy my , what we are doing , what's our stragedy against "phelcons system" are we aware to meet this challenge ?

Briefly please.
always regards

hi! i scrolled through the Pakistan AWACs/AEW&Cs Aircrafts thread.. but couldnt find a definative post which shows
1]the paf specific chanes in Erieye as compared to other countries.. suppose say brazil?.

2]In the newer posts on net, also the Erieye is called AEW&Cs.. .what was done to upgrade standard Erieye to make it become AEW&Cs from just AWACs..what upgrades were done?[was the seating arrangement increased in the front only?]

3]paf also has the same upgraded AEW&Cs

4]how much effect will Erieye ' AEW&Cs' have against phalcon?
thanks [i posted this post in question thread a week back.. but im waiting for a reply]

All senior Members,
last day i red news on bbc site, that, phelcons system reached india and they are very happy,
now
plz satisfy my , what we are doing , what's our stragedy against "phelcons system" are we aware to meet this challenge ?

Briefly please.
always regards

I am not a senior member, but i would suggest you to read this thread from the very first page, it will obviously clear all your questions.:coffee:

well in terms of service celing the indian system do have an edge but for as for the PAF system being weak from front and behind, you are wrong!

this point have been disscussd earlier and i suggest you to go through this thread! i hope this will help you out!

regards!

i think u will hav to reconsider that

The Ericsson Erieye system uses an active phased array radar mounted in a two sided array geometry. The whole array is contained in a large beam shaped structure carried above the fuselage of a commuter twin airframe. The limitation of the two sided array is that it can only cover two 120 degree sectors abeam of the aircraft, leaving 60 degree blind sectors over the nose and tail of the aircraft, and reduced antenna performance from 45 degrees off the beam aspect. Another limitation stems from the use of an airframe too small to accommodate a comprehensive self contained command, control and communications system, and other sensors such as a capable ESM and track association system

The Israeli Phalcon is the first full scale application of phased array technology, using arrays along the fuselage and under the nose and tail. While providing full 360 degree coverage, the smaller size of the nose and tail arrays will limit angular resolution in the nose and tail sectors, thus degrading system performance in these areas. While cheaper than external pylon mounted radomes in terms of structural modifications, conformal arrays require suitable airframe geometry if they are to be used to full advantage.

AEW&C - Phased Array Technology Parts 1 & 2

I found this pretty old article:

Apparently concerned over Indian move to acquire Israeli Phalcons, Islamabad has reportedly decided to acquire Chinese missiles termed AWACS killers in case of US failure to sell AWACS to Pakistan.

“The FT-2000 surface-to-air missile (SAM), commonly known as the `AWACS killer’, designed by Chinese experts are considered to be the most appropriate option if the U.S. refuses to provide the same kind of Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) to Pakistan being sold to India by Israel,” The News said.

“If the U.S. refuses to sell AWACS to Pakistan, then getting the FT-2000 from China would be in the interest of both states who share a common threat perception,” it quoted a European defence expert as saying in Brussels.

Pakistan is also considering indigenous production of the truck-launched FT-2000 missile, the newspaper said.

“Pakistan and China are equally concerned about the Phalcon deal and are of the view that the transfer of AWACS technology to India would challenge the delicate conventional military equilibrium in South Asia, disturbing the no-win situation which guarantees peace in the region,” it added.

“High-level consultations between Beijing and Islamabad are in progress as both Pakistan and China, through diplomatic channels, have conveyed to the international community that they would counter the Indian move of acquiring the Phalcon radar system,” it quoted the expert as saying.

A statement last week by the Pakistani Air Chief, Air Chief Marshal Kaleem Saadat, that “the nation would hear good news by June 30, 2004” on Pakistan’s counter to the Phalcon has been perceived as an indication of the growing cooperation between Pakistan and China on a counter measure.

India announced last month it was purchasing the Phalcon in a $1 billion tripartite deal with Israel and Russia, which will provide the IL-76 heavy aircraft on which the radar will be mounted.

China too was keen to purchase the Phalcon but the $250 million deal was called off last year in the face of stiff opposition from the U.S.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom