What's new

Pakistan's Artillery Upgrade Discussions

Panzerkiel will the PA go for the acquisiton of only a single type of towed 155mm howitzer (HIT one) or are multiple towed 155mm howitzers on the table.
What I knew was that when first Pakistan Army started trials of 155 MM wheel mounted artillery gun the initial plan was to go for two different ones in large numbers. Now we are going for SH 15 as of now. Can't say if other one would come or not. Now for Towed Guns if the plan is same or not that is good question

57mm too.
Thanks for sharing.
I think the account which was narrated by that officer also included an anti-aircraft wpn which was carried in disassembled form... And I suppose this the one he was talking about.
I must have confused 14.5 with 57.

Sources are first hand accounts of officers who are still around us and who went with these guns.
IF possible could you or your source write about it I mean a short article summarize the issues of logistics, air lift of gun itself, and supply line .... ?? or any interesting incident etc etc

That will be an interesting read ...

As of now, multiple options are on the table.
In your opinion what are the future prospects of HIT gun ... ???

would it be inducted in PA or not ... ???

Any idea of its performance in trials

General Karamat says:
Kargil came up several times. The Dras-Kargil Road was an interdiction target for indirect artillery fire. During my tenure, Indians interdicted Neelam Valley Road, cutting off AJK [Azad Jammu and Kashmir]. We had a major planning conference to develop a response. We decided to construct a bypass and continue interdiction
on Dras-Kargil Road. This did not work and Indians continued. In the next
conference we considered physical interdiction of the road but decided the consequences would create problems for locals and hamper covert operations in IHK [Indian Held Kashmir] (the freedom struggle was in full swing). We decided
to move heavy weapons forward and carry out interdiction with direct fire. This was enormously effective. The Indians got the message and backed [off] on Neelam
Valley Road. In any case, we had decided to develop an alternative route for
logistics into AJK—this was completed.

PerhapsKaramat is talking about this incident.

M109A2s were also used in Kargil.
Not true.

Pakistan has ample 155mm Towed artillery, the terrain does not allow the employment of SP guns.

Type-59 130mm was the mainstay of the Pakistani arty in Kargil.

General Karamat says:
Kargil came up several times. The Dras-Kargil Road was an interdiction target for indirect artillery fire. During my tenure, Indians interdicted Neelam Valley Road, cutting off AJK [Azad Jammu and Kashmir]. We had a major planning conference to develop a response. We decided to construct a bypass and continue interdiction
on Dras-Kargil Road. This did not work and Indians continued. In the next
conference we considered physical interdiction of the road but decided the consequences would create problems for locals and hamper covert operations in IHK [Indian Held Kashmir] (the freedom struggle was in full swing). We decided
to move heavy weapons forward and carry out interdiction with direct fire. This was enormously effective. The Indians got the message and backed [off] on Neelam
Valley Road. In any case, we had decided to develop an alternative route for
logistics into AJK—this was completed.

PerhapsKaramat is talking about this incident.
This was one of the major reasons as to why the Kargil operation happened in the first place.

Kargil sector itself or during escalation near LOC ?
I meant to elaborate more but the WiFi outtage last night hit me before i could, obviously that single sentence paints a weird picture. Nobody was disassembling or airlifting M109A2s across the border or into the mountains tops. I meant that they were used during the Kargil conflict and the relevant escalations (which I’m aware is not exactly the topic that was being discussed so it gave a false image). My source is my own father, because he was one of the guys manning them :)
I’ve never heard the fully story from him, I’ll have to ask him and his mates where they were stationed exactly.
Not true.

Pakistan has ample 155mm Towed artillery, the terrain does not allow the employment of SP guns.

Type-59 130mm was the mainstay of the Pakistani arty in Kargil.

This was one of the major reasons as to why the Kargil operation happened in the first place.
Difficult to believe, since even 57mm and 105mm had to be disassembled.
Would love to read your source.

Thats not true, other than commander FCNA no body knew wt the fu@#k was going on n I mean no one including mush, who by the way was made the biggest a$s of all.
True or not, I’m Not sure what that has to do with what assets were being used.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom