What's new

Pakistan's Artillery Upgrade Discussions

I meant to elaborate more but the WiFi outtage last night hit me before i could, obviously that single sentence paints a weird picture. Nobody was disassembling or airlifting M109A2s across the border or into the mountains tops. I meant that they were used during the Kargil conflict and the relevant escalations (which I’m aware is not exactly the topic that was being discussed so it gave a false image). My source is my own father, because he was one of the guys manning them :)
I’ve never heard the fully story from him, I’ll have to ask him and his mates where they were stationed exactly.

True or not, I’m Not sure what that has to do with what assets were being used.
Near Sialkot ? Jammu area ?

Near Sialkot ? Jammu area ?
They were deployed to Sialkot at a more recent time, a certain incident just a couple of years back.

During Kargil, I’m not sure, from what I recall it was in the north so might have been jammu, don’t quote me on that though, haven’t been able to confirm yet.

A bit surprising to see a system in conjunction with SP forces, tested up in the mountains. Every picture gives some sort of hints. Couple that with any current circumstances and modernization.
1 vehicle system , perfect for mountain ops.
Similar to why Indians made a mountain version of swathi. Which has 50km range.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom