What's new

Pakistan's bid to form group of OIC envoys at UN foiled

These Pakistani ministers and officials have lost their minds - this sort of irresponsible statements and moves simply mislead the gullible youth in Pakistan and breed them on mare hatred. The ~200M muslims of India are in fact better followers of their religion than in Pakistan where they are killing each other as Shia and Sunni and Ahmedi etc.

The
These Pakistani ministers and officials have lost their minds - this sort of irresponsible statements and moves simply mislead the gullible youth in Pakistan and breed them on mare hatred. The ~200M muslims of India are in fact better followers of their religion than in Pakistan where they are killing each other as Shia and Sunni and Ahmedi etc.
200M Muslims of India are just slaves .. they are suffering genocide for the last 7 decades years after year .. wish they had migrated to Pakistan in 47!!

First the Taliban supported India over Kashmir, and now this. Man, the month of May has been pretty rough on Pakistan's foreign policy objectives.

@Topic

This is very Sad news. These gulf countries had financial interest in India so of course they will do what ever interests them. However I will blame Pakistan for this setback. If we had stable governments, stable financial system we wouldn't be facing such emberessment. Untill we Pakistanis ,our government and those who are running the show done change their attitude we are meant to fail..

I met many Indian Muslims, and I can now say with confidence that there is absolutely no freedom for them. How police treats a Muslims Vs rest religion, what they do in Eid ul fitr.. infact they are just waiting till another war happens between India and Pakistan . They will try to fix the mistake they did in 1947.

From religion point of view, yeah I agree they are allowed to pray, fast, hajj, give Zakat. I will concentrate on word *Allowed*. Here in Pakistan we rarely hear such word.

sometime its good to learn from enemy's UAE and iran both are enemies ... yet UAE is 2nd largest business partner of iran after china ... on top of it india is maintaning its good relations with both countries...majority of pakistani public think emotionally why do we forget that success has many fathers and failour is an orphan... i really dont care what is oic and what is ummah chumma we should become a finencially independent nation once we are there ... these countries will tilit toward us and everybody knows about it already ...but keeping in mind the current finencial position of pakistan its will be very difficult to come at top
.. untill then we will keep reading such news

Pakistan wont leave OIC, one phone call from Saudi will make our leadership shiver. It's a well known fact that certain arab countries try to control our policies, always try to keep us under their control. Imagine we find oil and gas in our country, would they let us start our own production. Ofcourse not.

Pakistanis need to get out of this slavery mentality, let UAE and co do whatever they want, we need to make our own policies, make strong relationship with those countries who support us. Build 100s of dams and bring in electric cars. Work 24 7 on Gwadar and CPEC. Let the enemies show us their true colour, if we stand on our 2 feets then we will find ways to deal with the problems. We should stick with OIC but also make other organisations. Like Pakistan Turkey alliance. Let the Muslims countries know that if they mess with us then we got other options.

The main issue is we let them think that we cant live without them, this is why the bullying takes place, otherwise they would be worried about offending us.

Just 52 arab bashing posts.

Must be a slow day at Taftan border

I wonder what is really going through the head of Shah Mahmud Qureshi when he sees the back stabbing nature of the "fellow Muslim" countries and what strategy he is adopting to counter this threat from "fellow Muslim brothers", because we are not seeing any at the diplomatic front.

I've been thinking alot about this situation. We are in a region surrounded with nations which push narrative and propaganda above the weight of their actual power. Iran, KSA, UAE, and Turkey all have strong, detailed, and unshakeable national policies. When you deal with these countries, you know what to say and what not to say.

Pakistan, on the other hand, a powerful military, famed ISI, and sole nuclear power of the Muslim world, yet we bow to every single tiny country which issues threats against us. Let us not even speak of US, UK, France, Russia, and European nations.

We have no narrative outside our borders, no propaganda wing, zero soft power outside Afghanistan and a few other countries like Somalia.

No one takes us seriously because they do not see any repercussions to harming us. We always talk peace and never war. We always are trying to prove we are not as others paint us, but we never go on a media attack against those liars.

On a side note, Pakistan's problems seem like a microcosm to wider Muslims' problems as well.

I was hoping with KPK in control of the government, maybe the situation would fix itself. Pukhtoons are famous for their strong sense of self and defense of their narrative. Yet, here we are with niceties and pleasantries only.

Pakistan should come together and make a concrete plan of what kind of image it wants to create for itself, how we will give our voice its deserved audiences, and what repercussions nations which do not respect our national interests will bear.

Here in a tiny, miniscule Maldives, we may have a chance to try to test that diplomacy. In OIC, who is Maldives compared to Pakistan?

The UAE demon will require some more in-depth thinking to deal with.

good UAE opposed it. Why Pakistani wants to do tehkaydari in religion? Already ruined your own country now want it to be done at international stage.
Funny they can do all they want in their own country to other religions, they can call all they want other religions but their religion, their gods cant be questioned. Funny Pakistanis

Just 52 arab bashing posts.

Must be a slow day at Taftan border
Actually, barring a couple of posts which were borderline, the criticism has been of the Arab States and not Arabs.

This is the kind of language and discussion the forum wants to see on Iran as well - no one mentioned which sect these Arab States follow or whether people of a particular sect in Pakistan are 'slaves' to these States or anything of that nature, which is typically what happens with discussions on Iran.

The focus should always be on the government/regime in charge and their policies, not on their religious beliefs or the religious beliefs of those who support those States/regimes.

Here in a tiny, miniscule Maldives, we may have a chance to try to test that diplomacy. In OIC, who is Maldives compared to Pakistan?
Tiny Maldives have literacy rate of 90+% and per capita GDP of 8000 bn+, in comparison, Pakistan literacy rate is around 50-60% and per capita GDP of less than 2000 bn.

We have no narrative outside our borders, no propaganda wing, zero soft power outside Afghanistan and a few other countries like Somalia.
You are right about us having zero soft power, why would we, what is our great exports that world cannot live without? We are the 5th largest population in the world but only have an embarrassing 250-300 bn GDP size (around 7 percent of this comes from remittances). Until we invest in development of our nation, we wont be respected.

Actually, barring a couple of posts which were borderline, the criticism has been of the Arab States and not Arabs.
That is your opinion. The history of every user is pretty much there for a read at a glance.
This is the kind of language and discussion the forum wants to see on Iran as well - no one mentioned which sect these Arab States follow or whether people of a particular sect in Pakistan are 'slaves' to these States or anything of that nature, which is typically what happens with discussions on Iran.
I have a serious problem with that. Pakistan has a stated policy of non interference and forced regime changes everywhere in the world. On the other hand, when one criticizes a theocratic regime, the criticism goes directly to the theology that resulted in that regime or state.

I know where these arab bashing is coming from and frankly i won't give them any value. This is routine conditioning as done by design.
The focus should always be on the government/regime in charge and their policies, not on their religious beliefs or the religious beliefs of those who support those States/regimes.

Can you tell me why GoP wanted selected groupings within the OIC? They have previously tried the same tactic of divide and rule before as well forming little convenient groups.

With Pakistan/Turkey leading the way.
The UAE can lead the OIC now, lol.
Too many regional issues. Right now making any alliance with non-arab country will eventually backfire to Pakistani interest in arab world. Our foreign policy is been ICU since last 10 years. No arab country stand with us on Kashmir issue against India. UAE is scared of Qatar due to presence of Turkish forces. With the passage of time of Turkish forces increasing there presence in Arab world. Where two alliances already exist, UAE vs Turkey. Now, sooner or later Pakistan will be in picture for the oath of allegiance. Everyone wants man and material sacrifice from Pakistan in return " limited support" on Kashmir cause. The only country which is providing unconditional support in UN is China as permanent member , well China has also CPEC security interest in Kashmir region, which is good for Pakistan.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom