What's new

.Pakistan's GDP has grown to $165bn

Pak_Sher

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI: Pakistan's gross domestic product (GDP) has grown to dollars 165 billion from $ 100 billion ten years back.
However, further consolidated efforts were needed under the public-private partnership for rightly exploiting the economic potential and the GDP volume should be at least $ 300 billion, said former federal minister for information Javed Jabbar.

He was speaking at a ceremony for introducing the annual review report (2009-10) on Social Development in Pakistan in perspective of the security crisis, here on Saturday.

The report is based on detailed studies and research conducted by Social Policy and Development Centre (SPDC). The SPDC is a non-government organisation engaged in research on economic and social issues mainly the basic rights/ facilities of the people.

Javed Jabbar said the SPDC provides guidelines to the Government functionaries in policy making and it has proved a good source for media consumption. He underlined the need for capacity building of the provinces as 18th constitutional amendment has shifted big responsibility on their shoulders.

"Now time is over for the provinces to blame the Federation or each other for a failure on social sector development but to prove their capacity," he remarked.

The former minister maintained that dealing with the increasing security threat to Pakistan as a fall-out from Afghanistan is the collective responsibility of the international community, especially the regional countries.

He acknowledged that China, Russia and Iran have raised voice in support of Pakistan in United Nations Security Council on the issue of terrorism.

Managing Director SPDC Dr. Khalida Ghous and a senior official of SPDC Asif Iqbal highlighted the research done on different social and economic issues mainly Khyber-Pakhtoonkhwa province in the wake of terrorist incidents there after 9/11.

Khalida Ghous said failure of institutions and rule of law, and gender discrimination are the main focus areas of the SPDC research report. She assured that SPDC would utilise all its resources and expertise to touch all grey areas influencing the living standard of the people.

Asif Iqbal agreed that economic crisis and fiscal stress in the country should be discussed in detail.

The SPDC report maintains that political developments in the region have caused a change in the internal political and security dynamics of Pakistan with implications for its social and economic development.

The report explores various facets of the existing security crisis confronted by the government and society and its implications for socio-economic development in Pakistan.

Pakistan's GDP has grown to $165bn

:pakistan:

As per the Business Recoder and the government in the above listed url reports Pakistan's GDP at $165 billion as the number.

You mean billion? I think 350-450 billion is a more realistic figure.

Anyway, 165 billion GDP? It's already around 180 billion.

Sorry for the typo, since i wrote too much about the GDP unit in trillion. :D

If Pakistan can go back into the right track, it can sustain the over 10% growth more easier than China in this coming decade.

I think China's GDP gonna slow down to 8-9% after 2015 as we gonna shift part of our excessive manufacuturing base to Pakistan. With the largest coming investment from China, i think Pakistan can produce 10% of GDP growth in every year in this coming decade.

^ 10% growth I think is unlikely for at least another 5 years. We may get up to 7-8% in that time. At this time there's too much other stuff happening. I personally expect it to be around 400 billion by 2020.

Please provide the basis of calculation used to arrive at the figure of 165 bn. Could anyone also provide the break up of the industries and how much each of them have grown (YoY).

Also I assume this figure has taken into consideration fiscal deficit. Please confirm the same.

Also how much has been the outflow in terms of net indirect taxes, GDP includes net indirect taxes.

I dont get it how is the GDP 165 Billion USD
when it was 176 Billion USD in 2010
and Pak economy is expected to grow at 3-4% in 2010-11 , so my guess is that it should be around 180-185 Billion USD today

I dont get it how is the GDP 165 Billion USD
when it was 176 Billion USD in 2010
and Pak economy is expected to grow at 3-4% in 2010-11 , so my guess is that it should be around 180-185 Billion USD today

PDF fanboys grows economy as per their own wish just like some Indian fan-boys does in Indian economy threads.

First Musharraf's fan-boys exaggerated figures and showed incorrect figures everywhere in blogs and websites... now other fan-boys showing incorrect figures.

It was near 160 billion dollars in 2008, 162-164 in 2009 and 168 in 2010. Now it should be near 172-175 billion dollars maximum. Secondly the growth rate we witnessed was in rupees and rupee lost its value of about 20% since past 2 years... so that also made a huge difference in measuring our economy in dollars.

IT is 177Billion at present

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

and expected next year growth rate is 4%

Currently Pak economy is growing at 2 percent,i don't see it growing at 6 pc or above at least for the next 7-8 years,keeping in mind the current condition of Pakistan.

Tiny Israel, Philipines and Chile is ahead of Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom