What's new

.Pakistan's GDP has grown to $165bn

til 2007 pakistan economic growth rate was 6-7%.

Correct.

and in 2010 it was 4.1% and expected growth for 2010-11 before flood was 5%.bt due to heavy loss it is decreased to 3.1%.

Wrong info
In 2010 your growth rate was expected to be 4.5% before the floods but after the floods you grew by 2.7%.
and nw they think the ultimate growth of economy for 2010-11 will be 4%.which is nt that bad looking at our current country condition

This yr your are expected grow by 3%
nt to forgot that before the WOT start(2004) pakistan economy was growing at 8.4%.

Also don't forget before Pakistan entered US led WOT in 2001 it was growing at measly 2%.
Infact your high growth after 2003 was acheived because US sanctions on Pakistan were removed and its loan payments were rescheduled, lifting the pressure of its economy.
so if peace is made in pakistan we can achieve even more then 8.4%.

You will need your friends to defer or wave your loans for that number to achieved ..as 60% of your budget is used on paying for debt financing and defence ..so war(defence) is not the only thing holding you back.
This FY you are making loan repayment of about $6Billion...thats massive pressure on your economy..which will not allow you to grow freely.

Correct.

Wrong info
In 2010 your growth rate was expected to be 4.5% before the floods but after the floods you grew by 2.7%.

This yr your are expected grow by 3%

Also don't forget before Pakistan entered US led WOT in 2001 it was growing at measly 2%.
Infact your high growth after 2003 was acheived because US sanctions on Pakistan were removed and its loan payments were rescheduled, lifting the pressure of its economy.

You will need your friends to defer or wave your loans for that number to achieved ..as 60% of your budget is used on paying for debt financing and defence ..so war(defence) is not the only thing holding you back.
This FY you are making loan repayment of about $6Billion...thats massive pressure on your economy..which will not allow you to grow freely.

Sorry my friend.bt PAk GDP grew by 4.1% till june 2010.
Pakistan's economy grows 4.1 percent in 2009/10 | Reuters
and yes after 2010 budget the next year expected growth expected was 4.7% by some sites and by some 4.9%.
bt after flood it was expected 3.1% bt again in business recorder site(very authentic site).and also posted in some other news.due to increase in crops because of flood.the expected growth for 2010-11 is 4.1%.at present.it can even increase more and may be reach 4.5% too
Business Recorder - Pakistan Breaking News and Latest News | World News
you can see the pak economy present status at the right bottom of this site

I remember in 2005 before the massive earth quake

Musharaf said pehle hum lene jate te ab hum dene jate hay.pakistan was in so much good condittion
and in 2003 KSE was termed as the best stock exchange in whole world.

Yes indeed we are in very tough time.

we have billions of doller copper/gold and coal resources if we utilize them we can get from this dept sooon

well ye mushkil ka wakt hay Pakistan aur pakistan ki awaam parr

bt i am sure one day we pakistanis will make pakistan better then USA/Europian.INSHALLAH

Sorry my friend.bt PAk GDP grew by 4.1% till june 2010.
Pakistan's economy grows 4.1 percent in 2009/10 | Reuters
and yes after 2010 budget the next year expected growth expected was 4.7% by some sites and by some 4.9%.
bt after flood it was expected 3.1% bt again in business recorder site(very authentic site).and also posted in some other news.due to increase in crops because of flood.the expected growth for 2010-11 is 4.1%.at present.it can even increase more and may be reach 4.5% too
Business Recorder - Pakistan Breaking News and Latest News | World News

you can see the pak economy present status at the right bottom of this site

I hope do know the difference between a financial yr and a calendar yr
Pakistani economy grew by 4.1% in FY 2009-10..This figure it self was manipulated and achieved by lowering the the base yr growth.

As for this FY ..starting June 2010 to June 2011.. initially expected growth was 4.5% but after floods this figure was revised by World Bank to 0-2.5% .

This above figure was again re revised after your exports picked up to
2.3%-2.7%(I quoted the higher figure)

But in calendar yr of 2010(starting Jan 2010 to Dec 2010) ..Pakistani economy grew by 2.7%.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/pk.html

PS : Economic indicators mentioned at bottom Buisness recorder website are outdated are for Finacial yr 2009-10..we are in FY 2010-11 right now.

I remember in 2005 before the massive earth quake

Musharaf said pehle hum lene jate te ab hum dene jate hay.pakistan was in so much good condittion
and in 2003 KSE was termed as the best stock exchange in whole world.

Yes indeed we are in very tough time.

we have billions of doller copper/gold and coal resources if we utilize them we can get from this dept sooon

well ye mushkil ka wakt hay Pakistan aur pakistan ki awaam parr

bt i am sure one day we pakistanis will make pakistan better then USA/Europian.INSHALLAH

:tup:

I hope do know the difference between a financial yr and a calendar yr
Pakistani economy grew by 4.1% in FY 2009-10..This figure it self was manipulated and achieved by lowering the the base yr growth.

As for this FY ..starting June 2010 to June 2011.. initially expected growth was 4.5% but after floods this figure was revised by World Bank to 0-2.5% .

This above figure was again re revised after your exports picked up to
2.3%-2.7%(I quoted the higher figure)

But in calendar yr of 2010(starting Jan 2010 to Dec 2010) ..Pakistani economy grew by 2.7%.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/pk.html

PS : Economic indicators mentioned at bottom Buisness recorder website are outdated are for Finacial yr 2009-10..we are in FY 2010-11 right now.

:tup:

If you check my post again.my friend you will know tat i mentioned till june 2010.it means from 2009 june to 2010 june

Yes flood effected its growth rate.bt their was even a video report on Geo that this year Pakistan agriculture will grow 1/3rd more then before.

And CIA info is also old.
lets wait few months more for the budget to be out

If you check my post again.my friend you will know tat i mentioned till june 2010.it means from 2009 june to 2010 june

Yes flood effected its growth rate.bt their was even a video report on Geo that this year Pakistan agriculture will grow 1/3rd more then before.

And CIA info is also old.
lets wait few months more for the budget to be out

CIA info is for calendar year 2010..It is taken from IMF papers..As you might be knowing IMF does not calculate its projections for Financial year, but Calendar year only.

In addition parts of agriculture industry like wheat might have recovered but the floods caused damage in excess of $10 Billion and shaved off at least 2% economic growth, which in GDP terms would mean, another $3.5 Billion loss.

When we look at Some of the Posters Ambitions for Pakistan in the future the GDP is very poor. BY ANY STANDRARD even Asian countries.

4% GROWTH OR EVEN 6% is not going to GET Pakistan to $350 billion GDP by 2020..

To more than double your GDP in 9 years yu need 9% compound growth per annum, NEAR ENOUGH.

For 9% growth you need the following..

Very large FDI
STRONG thriving Middle class 100 MILLION strong
New hi tech industrial bases
Stable govt
Educated IT & SCIENCE & ENGINEERING graduates in millions.
Confidence of the WESTERN world to come to your country to do business
Improving infrastucture with THE FOREX reserves to do this over 10 years.

Pakistan struggles in 80% of the above cases ... AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME

With more sensible politics, stronger better trusted relationships with all its bigger more powerful neighbours and more focus on developing the educational standards of the masses 9% growth is possible in the future.

BUT THIS DOES NOT SEEM PRIORITY IN current pak govt

Back
Top Bottom