What's new

Pakistan's Nuclear Submarine Development | News and Discussions

Having a nuclear powered submarine with nuclear missiles will be a giant leap for Pakistan..

Britain being a 'super power' has only two subs,and the two subs hold all of Britain's nuclear deterrent and arsenal.

Pakistan will have land and sea based deterent,if the sub materializes...

Having a nuclear powered submarine with nuclear missiles will be a giant leap for Pakistan..

Britain being a 'super power' has only two subs,and the two subs hold all of Britain's nuclear deterrent and arsenal.

Looks like Pakistan Navy is taking America tv show Last Resort seriously. :D

what i have seen learned of the nuclear subs they take long to build and design as well but the are some shortcuts we can take like chines Russian copy and china parts looks better and cheap saves time in other hand we can take china sub design load it up our nuclear reactor and :P

what i have seen learned of the nuclear subs they take long to build and design as well but the are some shortcuts we can take like chines Russian copy and china parts looks better and cheap saves time in other hand we can take china sub design load it up our nuclear reactor and :P

British Trident class subs are a cut down version of American ohio class and they are all built less than an hour drive from Manchester in Barrow-in-furnace.
The Hull itself isnt too difficult to build.... Its the power plant,propulsion,sensonrs,life support systems and auxillary systems,these are technical challenges. But these system are difficult to make..
For Britain, the main diagrams came from USA...they modified it and distributed the work. Rolls royce makes the reactor. BAE systems + Thales + Pilkingtons and many other smaller companies make all the other systems. Lockheed make the main weapon firing systems and the Trident missiles.
Same way Pakistan can 'mix and match' local and foreign companies,and distribute the work.

To me its very much 'doable' for Pakistan,not an impossible fairy tale as many are saying.

Great News, we need Nuclear Submarines, There some info about this on wiki also, Pakistan decided to built Nuclear Submarine Many years ago, we may get it in 4 to 5 years :pakistan:

I mean by 2015 , we should have 16-17 Frigates and doubters stated before that Pakistan Navy could not operate that many frigates

Pakistan will have
6 F-22 P's by 2015,3 Tariq class(3 other will be scrapped as they will complete their 20 years in PN also they will be nearly 40 years old) and 1 Perry class frigate.
So a total of 10 Frigates not 16-17 by 2015.

Laikin..
"RPG sey kaisay bachaoo gey kaliyaa?".

Pakistan should Plan ahead for security of such assets.
If we can lose all of our equally important assets,the erieye to a bunch of sprinting thugs,there is no guarantee that the nuclear sub if it is built.may also meet the same fate..

Simply put,i have no faith i Pakistan's capability to safeguard her high value assets..

You mean 4 boats.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom