What's new

Pakistan's Nuclear Submarine Development | News and Discussions

Hi,

I think pak navy need to invest in small yield nuc tipped torpedoes. Sub surface nuc explosion would be a massive deterence aganist any kind of subs or air craft carriers or other naval vessels----. Staying sub surface and not fallout issues would be a big plus.

Also---if russia sels shkvaal to indian navy---pak navy has big problems---then nuc tipped torps are the only answer.

Hi,

I think pak navy need to invest in small yield nuc tipped torpedoes. Sub surface nuc explosion would be a massive deterence aganist any kind of subs or air craft carriers or other naval vessels----. Staying sub surface and not fallout issues would be a big plus.

Also---if russia sels shkvaal to indian navy---pak navy has big problems---then nuc tipped torps are the only answer.

That brings us back to the 'circular Question'.
Does Pakistan have miniature nukes?

Also i have a question too, dose pak has miniaturised PHWRs which can provide enough power to propel a mammoth of those proportions ??

kṣamā;3594425 said:
Also i have a question too, dose pak has miniaturised PHWRs which can provide enough power to propel a mammoth of those proportions ??

Thats where most of you 'commoners' are wrong :P

A nuclear submarine is only 'mammoth' if it is built to carry ballistic missiles in large numbers.
But a submarine carrying nuclear tipped cruise missiles does not need to be too large,and wont need powerful reactor, it wont need a reactor at all, it may even run on conventional power.as nuclear submarine may no necessarily mean a nuclear propelled sub,it may well be a conventional sub modified for carrying nuclear tipped cruise missiles in large enough numbers to act as a deterrent and strategic asset.

Thats where most of you 'commoners' are wrong :P

A nuclear submarine is only 'mammoth' if it is built to carry ballistic missiles in large numbers.
But a submarine carrying nuclear tipped cruise missiles does not need to be too large,and wont need powerful reactor, it wont need a reactor at all, it may even run on conventional power.as nuclear submarine may no necessarily mean a nuclear propelled sub,it may well be a conventional sub modified for carrying nuclear tipped cruise missiles in large enough numbers to act as a deterrent and strategic asset.

much better to put an example with answer as well. :P

and the agosta90b can very well launch slcm if the torpedo tube diameter is increased to 650mm

Dolphin class submarine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last time India got their first Nuclear submarine, second hand of course-they made a large exhibition in Indian sea with flowers. Pakistan promised to build an indigenous one long ago before that, planned to be finished within 2020. Why to make that much rush! I think Pakistan need to give more efforts of building some fighter jets and gain variety of know how from Chinese Jets. China and Pakistan are strategic ally and if China goes to a war, they will heavily rely on Pakistan to keep India away.Certainly it needs lots of Engineering knowledge to tackle India as India got great purchase power. Only by "know how" you can reduce the monetary costs.Hope Pakistan do well. Wish Bangladesh Pakistan honest alliance.

this aint " Pak-china alliance hero worshiped by bangladesh " thread....

And India need not purchase any nuclear powered subs in future though it can.... Pak needs nuclear propelled subs, not just nuclear tipped cruise missiles. If nuclear tipped cruise missiles are enough deterrence, then mobile version is the best.

Nuclear subs can loiter in Pak waters undetected and launch nuclear missiles targeting china and slip into Indian waters quietly.

this aint " Pak-china alliance hero worshiped by bangladesh " thread....

And India need not purchase any nuclear powered subs in future though it can.... Pak needs nuclear propelled subs, not just nuclear tipped cruise missiles. If nuclear tipped cruise missiles are enough deterrence, then mobile version is the best.

Nuclear subs can loiter in Pak waters undetected and launch nuclear missiles targeting china and slip into Indian waters quietly.

You are forgetting that india still does not have a Ballistic missile appropriate for the job...

You are forgetting that india still does not have a Ballistic missile appropriate for the job...

I did not forget...I was merely pointing out the fact that nuclear propelled sub would be much better than subs with nuclear tipped cruise missiles.

Well They Will have it deployed in less than 2 Years.
K 15 :: Tested and Validated , Ready for Induction. ( Its "IN SERVICE" ) , Its Range Sufficient fr Pakistan
K 4 : Tested, More Tests to Follw. Max 2 Years for Deployment.

The Sagarika missile is being integrated with India's nuclear-powered Arihant class submarine that began sea trials on the 26 July 2009.[11]

The latest test of the K-15 missile was done on 11 March 2012. The missile was tested up to its full 700 KM range

On Topic :

IMO German Subs with AIP are far better option Economically and Effectively fr Pakistan. ( Atleast to Fill in the Role for SSNs )
They can do what Israerli's hv considered.

Well They Will have it deployed in less than 2 Years.
K 15 :: Tested and Validated , Ready for Induction. ( Its "IN SERVICE" ) , Its Range Sufficient fr Pakistan
K 4 : Tested, More Tests to Follw. Max 2 Years for Deployment.

On Topic :

IMO German Subs with AIP are far better option Economically and Effectively fr Pakistan. ( Atleast to Fill in the Role for SSNs )

I dont think Type 214 or Agosta will carry enough Cruise missiles and torpedoes to be a Nuclear deterrant..
It will have to be a bigger Submarine,around 3000 tons or larger.

well the qinq class submarine is also known as poor mens ssbn

*about 5000tonnes displacement
*44-46 cruise missiles capacity
*4-6 slbm as well similar to older Russian golf class(but since we dont have slbm neither have any development slbm Program so we wont use slbm option but only slcm)

Thats a no go. The Israelis still maintain an iron grip on Germany's ba**s due to the Holocaust, that is why they get the German subs at a discounted price.

The reason why the U214 deal fell through is because of Germany's refusal to allow Pakistan to arm them with cruise missiles. This is why PN lost interest, the PN would love to acquire these subs and use them specifically as attack subs but the funds don't allow it. That is why PN is likely going to go with AIP Qing Subs integrated with cruise missile capability.

I dont think Type 214 or Agosta will carry enough Cruise missiles and torpedoes to be a Nuclear deterrant..
It will have to be a bigger Submarine,around 3000 tons or larger.

All sources point to the fact that the displacement for Qing is around 5000 tons.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom