What's new

Pakistan's 'secret' war in Baluchistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
we should start a military crackdown, there is no other options. We have to make an example of those who harm pakistan so no one will follow them.

im wondering, does BLA have any connection with the taliban or other terrorist groups

we should start a military crackdown, there is no other options. We have to make an example of those who harm pakistan so no one will follow them.

im wondering, does BLA have any connection with the taliban or other terrorist groups

This will be the next biggest mistake after East Pakistan..

This will be the next biggest mistake after East Pakistan..

Except that there are more Pashtuns in Balochistan than Baloch themselves, & they all support Pakistan. I'm not in favor of a military crackdown, but just your assumption that Balochistan is the next East Pakistan is a laughable Indian wet dream.

Balochistan has about 4.5% of the Pakistani population, Bangladesh had a larger population than Pakistan in 1971 I believe. And Bangladesh was separated from Pakistan by 1500 miles of hostile territory, there is no such situation here. Along with many other differences.

Except that there are more Pashtuns in Balochistan than Baloch themselves, & they all support Pakistan. I'm not in favor of a military crackdown, but just your assumption that Balochistan is the next East Pakistan is a laughable Indian wet dream.

Balochistan has about 4.5% of the Pakistani population, Bangladesh had a larger population than Pakistan in 1971 I believe. And Bangladesh was separated from Pakistan by 1500 miles of hostile territory, there is no such situation here. Along with many other differences.

2011 was the deciding year for TTP. 2012 would be the expiry date of BLA. I don't see this "freedom movement" going beyond 2013.:)

BLA is a group of anti-pakistanis but their some leaders are living in KHI.. WHy? In few areas of karachi, i read slogans on wall in favor BLA. Pathetic but true.
BLA is propagating negative things in Baloch brothers's mind

I've spent almost 4 years in Balochistan and I have many friends some of whom are Balochis and others Pathans and I have NEVER SEEN ANTI PAKISTAN sentiments and although this may sound cheesy but this is just the same propaganda inspired by anti Pakistan forces..........

There is no military operation in Baluchistan.Only small operations and raid against RAW/CIA backed insurgents.Indian members are welcomed to prove otherwise.

It's not a war... It's just somee illiterate terrorists who don't get enough money to buy ciggarettes...

No Sir.. I never said that Balochistan will be next Bangladesh.. Just that as the military crackdown was a mistake in East Pakistan, it will be a mistake in Balochistan as well

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

2011 was the deciding year for TTP. 2012 would be the expiry date of BLA. I don't see this "freedom movement" going beyond 2013.:)

Humko maloom hain jannat ki haqueekat, par dil ke behlane ko Ghalib, yeh khayal achha hai..

Looks like these baddies are back from holidays :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:
Baddies never went on holiday - its just that the police and FC operations in Baluchistan have constrained the ability of the baddies to act as frequently as they used to.

In the absence of manpower, it is in fact likely that we will see more 'bombings' from the terrorists, instead of ambushes etc.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

No Sir.. I never said that Balochistan will be next Bangladesh.. Just that as the military crackdown was a mistake in East Pakistan, it will be a mistake in Balochistan as well
As pointed out in the main sticky Baluchistan war thread, the demographics and geography of Baluchistan make comparisons to East Pakistan completely meaningless.

Even on the political side, reforms such as greater provincial autonomy and greater revenue sharing with the provinces have been passed as amendments in the constitution, and are in the process of being implemented - but that said, the military component remains a vital part of the anti-insurgent strategy.

In this case, even though the BLA/BLF are propped up from across the Western border (don't want to go there on this thread, that's a discussion for an other thread), they are the product of genuine grievances of the Baloch people. And they are not ideologically driven as the TTP are. So the dynamics are different. While the people of FATA support Pakistani military operations against the terrorists, the situation is a bit more complex in Balochistan, & the Baloch nationalists try to justify their terrorism exploiting the grievances of the Baloch people.

Right now, there is a lot of interference in Balochistan coming from the Western border of Afghanistan. Even Karzai admitted giving refuge to over 200 Baloch nationalist leaders. Once the end-game in Afghanistan draws nearer, & the foreign interference in Balochistan stops, violence in Balochistan will diminish, just like it was a few years ago.

Dude.. I remember a post from one of the Indian posters sometime back (Think it was Karan or Sparky) which said that its not the ideology but the methodology that defines a terrorist..

As pointed out in the main sticky Baluchistan war thread, the demographics and geography of Baluchistan make comparisons to East Pakistan completely meaningless.

Even on the political side, reforms such as greater provincial autonomy and greater revenue sharing with the provinces have been passed as amendments in the constitution, and are in the process of being implemented - but that said, the military component remains a vital part of the anti-insurgent strategy.

True.. The military action acts like first aid to stem the rot, so as to give the development efforts some time to start taking some effect. However, a crackdown (I assume the talk was about a much stronger Military sweep than a simple coin operation) is a different ballgame, and thats what my comment was for..

Dude.. I remember a post from one of the Indian posters sometime back (Think it was Karan or Sparky) which said that its not the ideology but the methodology that defines a terrorist..
Absolutely - methodology in the sense that 'attacks on non-combatants' are not legitimate, no matter what the cause.

In the case of the various violent Baluch separatist groups, the fact that they have kidnapped, attacked and killed Baluch and non-Baluch educators, government officials (who are not involved in combat or policing operations) and settlers means that they are in fact terrorist groups.

Absolutely - methodology in the sense that 'attacks on non-combatants' are not legitimate, no matter what the cause.

In the case of the various violent Baluch separatist groups, the fact that they have kidnapped, attacked and killed Baluch and non-Baluch educators, government officials (who are not involved in combat or policing operations) and settlers means that they are in fact terrorist groups.

And thats what I believe.. Intentional planned attacks on the civilian population to pressurize the govt or to spread anarchy is terrorism.. Pure and simple.. No justification of freedom fight, fighting for religion , Disputed area and all that crap.. Some means can not be justified by any kinds of ends...

In short, whatever be the cause, this blast is a open and shut case of terrorism in my book..

True.. The military action acts like first aid to stem the rot, so as to give the development efforts some time to start taking some effect. However, a crackdown (I assume the talk was about a much stronger Military sweep than a simple coin operation) is a different ballgame, and thats what my comment was for..
Talk about a 'massive military sweep' is just that, 'talk'.

Our 'bleeding heart commentators and civil society members' have apparently decided that exaggeration, wailing and crying and comparisons to East Pakistan are the best way to highlight the issues in Baluchistan, and that is where all this 'rhetoric' of 'military sweeps' comes int. Combine that with the inherent distrust and dislike of the Army in the 'civil society and liberals' group I mentioned, and you have the kind of nonsensical rhetoric you hear too often.

There have been no reports of any kind of 'military sweep', or for that matter an FC sweep, in Baluchistan. The military component of the COIN effort in Baluchistan is largely covert now, with targeted operations against violent separatists and their backers. Overt operations are largely limited to patrols and check-posts here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom