What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
Yes I am supporter of FN SCAR because it's best Gun in the world. Still Army is not going to decide on what I think, but they are going to decide on How Guns perform in trials. Fortunately even in those trials FN SCAR is doing best.
@iLION12345_1

Sir going for a Gun is at least 40 year investment sorry but all other Guns in trials specially AK-103 and Serbian Gun will be outdated within next 15 years so we better select best because we have to use a Gun for next 40 years.
@balixd @Path-Finder

View attachment 303217
The world is running on hope and I hope your wish comes true :D

@Zarvan I have nothing against scar , and I never said it was a bad gun ( it's the best one in the trials ) but , you look like you're in love with it sir . Lol

But after all is said and done , scar is the coolest looking gun here , maybe they should call it SCARY-H.

@Zarvan I have nothing against scar , and I never said it was a bad gun ( it's the best one in the trials ) but , you look like you're in love with it sir . Lol

But after all is said and done , scar is the coolest looking gun here , maybe they should call it SCARY-H.
Off course I am in love with SCAR this thing is more beautiful than any beautiful women in the world.

What is that ?
I hope he do not tells you otherwise you may end up claiming that "sources" have told you that Pakistan is also going to buy AN/PVS-5C :P
Just kidding friend!
It is a night vision goggle

I hope he do not tells you otherwise you may end up claiming that "sources" have told you that Pakistan is also going to buy AN/PVS-5C :P
Just kidding friend!
It is a night vision goggle
I don't have much knowledge about Gun accessories but I know one thing we need to stop running after USA and get things from Turkey and China. Turkey has good company which makes great quality scopes and binoculars. As for sources I have few and right now my focus is to get info Gun trials and to know about status of AL KHALID II project. I hope to get news soon.

@Zarvan
The SCAR-H failed the mud test
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available
Now see the Ak-103 torture test
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available
It,s no surprise that when it comes to ruggedness and reliability no rifle can beat the russian AK variants.
We have a huge army and buying Ak-103 will be cost effective and in the long term the maintenance costs will almost be close to zero.

@Dazzler @balixd @DESERT FIGHTER

Any idea what's the unit cost of Gen III MINI-14 monocular IoP?

InstituteofOptronicsPakistan.jpg
yesterday i read your post but couldn't respond, that NVG you were talking about, these things are expensive man, even the Gen 1 is retailing for 600$ forget about the Gen III --- the price for that PVS5C has to be 2000$ / unit
& this monocular - well a good scope costs 3000$ approx, so it ain't cheap

I hope all rifles come with holographic/Red-dot sights. Should be developed by IoP. Hoping that they'll also order as many Gen III Mini-14 monoculars from IoP as they can.
remind me where are we going to use those ---- in CQBs there is no use for those -- for high altitude manned posts I see them being put to good use

From the bunch of rifles being tested, its clear the AK will be the one that passes all the trials, it will also be reasonably priced, most likely the weapon of choice. SCAR and HK versions are great rifles but in the case of harsh requirements of Pak or India, AK or something home grown is a better option. It's no shocker that even the rifles India tested failed though SCAR and HK were not in the list. Even proven, reliable rifles like the Israeli ACE failed in our trials.

Yes I am supporter of FN SCAR because it's best Gun in the world. Still Army is not going to decide on what I think, but they are going to decide on How Guns perform in trials. Fortunately even in those trials FN SCAR is doing best.
@iLION12345_1

Sir going for a Gun is at least 40 year investment sorry but all other Guns in trials specially AK-103 and Serbian Gun will be outdated within next 15 years so we better select best because we have to use a Gun for next 40 years.
@balixd @Path-Finder

View attachment 303217
tell me something --- and you have all the resources in the world available to you ----- please tell me what is so ground breaking in SCAR - H that it is going to serve us good for next 4 decades and what is not good or what are the flaws in other designs that they are only good for next 15 years???

HOW??? please, i have nothing against FN, i think its a great weapon, we chose a great gun in its time when we picked G3 ---- but your claims are really fanboyish ----
so you have to back up your claims -----

yesterday i read your post but couldn't respond, that NVG you were talking about, these things are expensive man, even the Gen 1 is retailing for 600$ forget about the Gen III --- the price for that PVS5C has to be 2000$ / unit

remind me where are we going to use those ---- in CQBs there is no use for those -- for high altitude manned posts I see them being put to good use
Yes, That is the retail price in civilian market but I was wondering about IoP's manufacturing cost for Mini-!4. Is there a big difference?

They're bound to come in handy on the eastern as well as the western border.

Yes, That is the retail price in civilian market but I was wondering about IoP's manufacturing cost for Mini-!4. Is there a big difference?

Due to cost constrains, It's better it gets introduced in SPEC OPS in limitied numbers. Just as 4 tube NVG is in limited use in American Tier 1 Special forces instead of regular soldiers.

Each elite soldier on the raid was issued a pair of $65,000 four-tube night-vision goggles (NVGs),SEAL Team Six member Matt Bissonnette writes in his book "No Easy Day."

Bissonnette participated in the May 2nd, 2011 raid on the compound in which the Al Qaeda chief was killed.

"Unlike some of the conventional units, we had NVG's with four tubes instead of the usual two. This allowed us a field of view of 120 degrees instead of just 40 degrees. The standard goggles were like looking through toilet paper tubes," Bissonette writes.

for civies the price is a little bit on the higher side --- but when you purchase in bulk, it comes down, and i have quoted the approx / unit price when bought in bulk -----
we do not have the capacity to manufacture Scopes in house yet, lens are pretty delicate, nor we have researched in this sector hence we will have to make the purchase from overseas vendor

Due to cost constrains, It's better it gets introduced in SPEC OPS in limitied numbers. Just as 4 tube NVG is in limited use in American Tier 1 Special forces instead of regular soldiers.
don't put extra burden on Annual Budget ----- :pissed: ------

for civies the price is a little bit on the higher side --- but when you purchase in bulk, it comes down, and i have quoted the approx / unit price when bought in bulk -----
we do not have the capacity to manufacture Scopes in house yet, lens are pretty delicate, nor we have researched in this sector hence we will have to make the purchase from overseas vendor

don't put extra burden on Annual Budget ----- :pissed: ------

Money recovered from recent corruption busts in Army would be enough for the down-payment ;)

tell me something --- and you have all the resources in the world available to you ----- please tell me what is so ground breaking in SCAR - H that it is going to serve us good for next 4 decades and what is not good or what are the flaws in other designs that they are only good for next 15 years???
He likes it
just like I like it
and that is that. from practical point of view the AK-47 derivative under trial maybe the best

From the bunch of rifles being tested, its clear the AK will be the one that passes all the trials, it will also be reasonably priced, most likely the weapon of choice. SCAR and HK versions are great rifles but in the case of harsh requirements of Pak or India, AK or something home grown is a better option. It's no shocker that even the rifles India tested failed though SCAR and HK were not in the list. Even proven, reliable rifles like the Israeli ACE failed in our trials.
I have serious doubts about the Guns India tested and that all of them failed. As for FN SCAR from accuracy to less recoils to lots of othet things FN SCAR clearly leads in every aspect. I love Guns and in these times FN SCAR without any doubt is the best Battle Rifle in the world

Yes they are way expensive. In one video which I posted the man says Scar H coated him 3000 dollars and the scope he was using was 2000 dollars.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom