What's new

Pakistan's Service Rifle (G-3, Type-56) Replacement Competition 2016.

Which rifle should win the competition?

• FN-SCAR-H

Votes: 241 42.9%
  • Beretta ARX-200

Votes: 62 11.0%
  • CZ-806 Bren2

Votes: 116 20.6%
  • Kalashnikov AK-103

Votes: 127 22.6%
  • Zavasta M21

Votes: 17 3.0%

• Total voters
You are fighting a uphill battle against one persons hyper fanboy-ism which has tainted this thread completely I urge Mods to do some spring cleaning on this thread and lets get back to discussing each rifles upon their select distinct traits like we were doing 20 or so pages back.
Sir other than being cheaper can you please point out one other aspect in which others Guns are better. All the Gun experts in the world declare FN SCAR best battle Rifle in the world in all aspects. But for some reason some people here think that all those people are fools and I am being a crazy fan which I proudly am.
@Irfan Baloch

Sir other than being cheaper can you please point out one other aspect in which others Guns are better. All the Gun experts in the world declare FN SCAR best battle Rifle in the world in all aspects. But for some reason some people here think that all those people are fools and I am being a crazy fan which I proudly am.
@Irfan Baloch
I am in no better position than your self to decide what is better! now we can have wishes and hopes but ultimately the decision lies with the organisation who will use it if selected! FN is the best? FN is good it has a revolutionary design and gunsmithing in it, But if another rifle comes down the road by another manufacturer that is better than FN will you then fall head over heals for that as well? There is being a crazy fan and then there is going to be over the top. now the rest of us are facing pages upon pages of singular postings that are assassinated by FN SCAR for those who wish to discuss other rifles.

I am in no better position than your self to decide what is better! now we can have wishes and hopes but ultimately the decision lies with the organisation who will use it if selected! FN is the best? FN is good it has a revolutionary design and gunsmithing in it, But if another rifle comes down the road by another manufacturer that is better than FN will you then fall head over heals for that as well? There is being a crazy fan and then there is going to be over the top. now the rest of us are facing pages upon pages of singular postings that are assassinated by FN SCAR for those who wish to discuss other rifles.
@Irfan Baloch
GIRLS GIRLS your both pretty , now please stop fighting , @zaravn I admit scar is good , but that doesn't mean it will surely win , and I have no problem with you liking it sir , but it's nothing to fight over , if you support it then plz keep your fanboy self out of here sir ( I hope u don't take any offense sir , I'm just new here)

Only time ( and a very rough and long competition by the Pak army ) will decide which gun wins ! May the best gun win ( I alRedy know what sir zaravan is gonna reply to this )

Any particular reasons sir? What about the Russian options? I thigh the reliability, easy maintenance and rugged use would have given them a considerable advantage in eye of PA but that do not seems to be the case.
I was a bit ambivalent to the BREN at first, but seeing how CZ greatly improved the design between the BREN 805 and BREN 806, I think there is a case to be made that the company (CZ) knows how to take real-world experience and then shape that into an improved product in relatively quick order.

Moreover, CZ's changes to the BREN 1 (which resulted in the BREN 2) were borne out of experience in Afghanistan; it's not often we get a tacit iteration based on real world experience so soon.

Beyond that, I was impressed by the modular chamber design of the BREN. With a few adjustments the same core rifle design can be adapted from 5.56 NATO to 7.62x39mm and even 7.62 NATO.

I know the venerable Russian designs are rock-solid, but if we want to scale a single design as widely as possible, a legitimate argument can be made towards going for a multi-chamber'able design such as the BREN or SCAR. We can invest in the one rifle, and then distribute it to practically every military service arm, law enforcement agency, and paramilitary unit in the country (over a period of several decades of course).

Between the SCAR and the BREN, the BREN is cheaper, but still very good in its own right. Moreover, we could perhaps link the BREN to a large enough purchase of Meopta sights and other optics technology, perhaps produce those under license at home as well.

13138895_1003369766405820_5471223656913997535_n.jpg

Is this picture from tests going on in Pakistan ???? @balixd @kaonalpha @Horus @Tipu7 @Sulman Badshah

We need to focus on high value for money and licensed production of weapons in Pakistan.

This is a huge and costly project we are talking about which shall span a decade so even a middle tier weapon in this list can be better for us if we negotiate excellent purchase contract terms with its supplier and we are also given license/expertise to produce the weapon in Pakistan.

We can always use SCAR for Special forces as we are currently doing.
It is one of the most expensive weapons in this list, so no need to push for it unless the terms of purchase are excellent and licensed production in Pakistan is also authorized.

Yes rather it is picture of the day ,these weapons were displayed to the COAS.
I am a genius than. I found this picture on facebook Sir thanks for confirming it by the way they are not SCAR. These are CZ BREN

Last edited:
I was a bit ambivalent to the BREN at first, but seeing how CZ greatly improved the design between the BREN 805 and BREN 806, I think there is a case to be made that the company (CZ) knows how to take real-world experience and then shape that into an improved product in relatively quick order.

Moreover, CZ's changes to the BREN 1 (which resulted in the BREN 2) were borne out of experience in Afghanistan; it's not often we get a tacit iteration based on real world experience so soon.

Beyond that, I was impressed by the modular chamber design of the BREN. With a few adjustments the same core rifle design can be adapted from 5.56 NATO to 7.62x39mm and even 7.62 NATO.

I know the venerable Russian designs are rock-solid, but if we want to scale a single design as widely as possible, a legitimate argument can be made towards going for a multi-chamber'able design such as the BREN or SCAR. We can invest in the one rifle, and then distribute it to practically every military service arm, law enforcement agency, and paramilitary unit in the country (over a period of several decades of course).

Between the SCAR and the BREN, the BREN is cheaper, but still very good in its own right. Moreover, we could perhaps link the BREN to a large enough purchase of Meopta sights and other optics technology, perhaps produce those under license at home as well.
Thanks for sharing your views in such detail. I hope that these will be useful for others as well sir.

I agree that while FN have more experience in the field, CZ seem be getting the most of there own experience. 806 was an improved version based on the feedback of units that used it in war. It was implemented quickly and CZ came up with an improved gun to address whatever little issues were there. With some little modifications of our own over the time, we will end up with an excellent rifle surely. The prices is a HUGE plus for a force like ours as well.

Regarding the changing caliber, what is important that we can keep the main mechanism same and still be able to offer in different caliber to meet different unit requirements. The battle field changing capability might not be THAT important. As long as we can keep the main machine same and offer different caliber guns from production.

13138895_1003369766405820_5471223656913997535_n.jpg

Is this picture from tests going on in Pakistan ???? @balixd @kaonalpha @Horus @Tipu7 @Sulman Badshah
nope

Yes rather it is picture of the day ,these weapons were displayed to the COAS.
this picture is not from the trails man ---

to both of you --- at first we never received these weapons with these sights second thing to consider is the barrel length ---- again we did not receive these in this set up ----
last and the foremost important thing --- we were testing this weapon in 7.62 x 39 Calibre ----- that ammo in the box is 5.56 x 45 ---- look at the neck length of those rounds and the dia of projectile ---- definitely 556

Last edited:
you do realize you just broke @Zarvan 's heart --- he actually believed for once he was a genius :haha:
Never mind by the way can you tell How many types of tests are their I read some where that new Guns go through salt and other tests any idea what are these ?

Never mind by the way can you tell How many types of tests are their I read some where that new Guns go through salt and other tests any idea what are these ?
There is Mud test, weapon is submerged into the mud for prolong period --- 12hours or so , taken out, without cleaning fired ----
you submerge the weapon in salt water to monitor the corrosion time frame ---- and fire
there is sand test ---- there is cold water test ---- in Pistol trails, they frooze the pistols at -41c for 6 hours, removed the weapon and fired it ----- there is a drop test ----- you have dry fire test ----- in this test weapons dry fired --- means no cartridge inside the weapon ---- this measures the strength of firing pin ----- if i recall correctly, in pistol trails, they did this for like 3000 times?
There is test where charging handle is racked many many and many time --- like 4000
the list is very long ------ for reference you can look up Nato Standard firearm test -----

the above mentioned tests were conducted for Pistol trails held at Kharain in 2014 / 2015

btw my above post on you for just leg pulling ...... meant no offense

Back
Top Bottom