What's new

Pakistan's Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy gets an Oscar!

If she made a documentary film about a family bombed by a drone in Fata, and how the eldest child provides for the younger siblings, it would have never got an Oscar.

This is bs.

West is so cheap. Next Oscar will go to Iran bashing of homosexuals. Everybody knows the formula.

Please RazPak, let's talk positive. She is our FIRST Pakistani won first time on OSCAR!! I know, pakistani people tend to talk very negatives, please change Pakistan now! :cheers:

If she made a documentary film about a family bombed by a drone in Fata, and how the eldest child provides for the younger siblings, it would have never got an Oscar.

This is bs.

Hopefully next time, it is simple US drones is from US government which can order Pakistan government to shut down Sharmeen's works. This is useless.

You guys seem to be misunderstanding what I am saying. I applaud her achievement, however I don't agree with the terms or criteria of which it was given.

Pakistani won because she depicted Pakistanis in negative light.

She won because she made Pakistan look like crap.

West is so cheap. Next Oscar will go to Iran bashing of homosexuals. Everybody knows the formula.

This is bs.

Oh would you stop throwing a ****** fit :rolleyes:

I bet if she didn't win an Oscar you'd be crying that all whites are racist because no other race won an award.

More power to her for exposing the reality :cheers:

Oh would you stop throwing a ****** fit :rolleyes:

I bet if she didn't win an Oscar you'd be crying that all whites are racist because no other race won an award.

More power to her for exposing the reality :cheers:

Nobody is talking to you.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Having an uncle that has dealt with acid attack patients and does facial re-construction, I applaud the doctor that preforms these procedures for free.

I also feel horrible for the poor victims of these attacks.

You guys seem to be misunderstanding what I am saying. I applaud her achievement, however I don't agree with the terms or criteria of which it was given.

That's truth, we have to face it. I am amazing Sharmeen's big project to show the evil inside Pakistan's traditional honor killings of your lovely wife, daughters, and anyone. We must get rid of evil cores deeply inside, have you seen the victims faces?

Many pakistanis will watch it with open heart and minds to realize it. :)

She won because she made Pakistan look like crap. ???

Pakistan's first Oscar haan? That's awesome. Any clips of her speech & her documentary?

430107_228869213875592_107704039325444_458205_1454019371_n.jpg

This is bs.

these guys dont care about such human rights violation any time

its a shame that in a country where pakistanis are being killed on drone attacks she is talking about acid attacks which happen not only in pakistanbut through out the world

this woman is known to write bad topics on pakistan as one indian member previously pointed out

Great work. I really appreciate Obaid Chinoy for her work, this is a great achievement for her & for Pakistan, that Pakistan is getting recognized for its arts.

I'd like to say one thing though, & I don't know if I'm being "over-sensitive" about this or not. But winning the Oscar will be a nothing achievement as compared to the achievement of the reduction of such social evils from our society. I hope her film helps in doing that in some way, because winning the Oscar is really nothing compared to this.

It is extremely important, that this film does not appeal to only the liberal/moderate section of society (where such problems aren't as prevalent), but more importantly to the people where this problem actually exists more. For that, we need to make sure our efforts are "all-inclusive", rather than alienating others, & only appealing to a certain section of society.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom