What's new

Pakistan's Submarine Procurement

dude, It would be a big mistake if we chose U-214.
Its the worlds best stealth submarine and batter answer for Indian Nuclear submarine.

France will only offer us conventional submarines with upgradation of Agosta 90B and Agosta 70. This will never help us to counter India.

Pakistan is doing same old mistake. I heard from credible resources that Pakistan Gov has descided to purchase French submarines.

The more over sad news is that COAS and CONS is silent. :confused: :cry:

Friend how can a submarine counter other submarine when P-8I Flying? India inducting P-8I and its a submarine hunter. Pakistan should think about how to counter P-8I and than it should think of inducting submarines. Without answer to P-8I adding submarine is useless my friend. i seen americans jumping in joy when P-8I launched. India buying 8 of them and even more after 8 P-8I Are inducted. Thank you.

Friend how can a submarine counter other submarine when P-8I Flying? India inducting P-8I and its a submarine hunter. Pakistan should think about how to counter P-8I and than it should think of inducting submarines. Without answer to P-8I adding submarine is useless my friend. i seen americans jumping in joy when P-8I launched. India buying 8 of them and even more after 8 P-8I Are inducted. Thank you.

oh boy.. there goes indian boy recently released from BR...
ever heard of (IDAS)? any flying MPA in close proximity to hunt silent sub (type-214) will be unleash by IDAS up in his P8I's ***.. think before you ejaculate heart pumping fake ego satisfying remarks..

dont you ever call those frenchies our (Friends)! they are only here for their own profit! and btw technically PN is going to have a huge LOST if we really fall for this trap.. U-214 is the best way!

for your kind information in the past we have bought nearly 200 mirages from france
and some serious assistance in nuclear plant

for your kind information in the past we have bought nearly 200 mirages from france
and some serious assistance in nuclear plant

ufff... in the past we bought 200 fighters/bombers/trainers, which helped us win 65 air war... now you are going to tell me US must be our best of the best friend?

ARE WE IN THE PROCESS IF OBTAINING SCORPENE SUBS FROM OUR FRENCH FRIENDS?

From the weekly magazine " Le Marin " :

"The French DCN's new star product has been shown for the first time at the Euronaval Fair. This sub follows the Scorpene, whose future now seems compromised because of the growing gap between the DCN and Navantia, its Spanish ex-partner.

The Scorpene, which enjoyes considerable exprt success with sales to the navies of Chile, Malaya, and India, seems to be the first victim of Navantia's decision to develop a strategic partnership with Lockheed Martin to build the new S80 boat which should be bought by the Spanish navy. The S80, whose model was on display at Navantia's stand, is now proposed to foreign navies as a direct competitor of the Scorpene.

This caused the DCN to develop the Marlin, that will be 100% domestically built. The French shipyard goes the whole nine yards to show the gap between the Scorpene and its new product. The influence of the Barracuda-class on the Marlin design emphasized in the dive controls, in the combat system which will resemble the SYCOBS used both aboard the "Le Terrible" SSBN and the new SSNs, and in the possibility to include optronic masts.

Another difference between the Marlin and the Scorpene : the Marlin has been designed to be equipped with an anaerobic module. This could be the Mesma, whose performance has already been tested on land and is now being tested at sea aboard the last Agosta A90B boat that had been sold to Pakistan and is undergoing trials. One striking difference, though, will be that the Pakistani Agosta AIP system will run on ethanol while the Marlin will run on the same gasoil that is used on diesel boats.
DCN stated that the autonomy of its Mesma system, regardless of the type of fuel used, will double a diesel boat's. DCN also says the Mesma's autonomy equal that of the U-214 boats that are equipped with fuel cells, and be easier to refuel. The only limiting fqctor of the Mesma at sea in terms of autnomy should be the boat's capacity to embark liquid oxygen.

Later, the Mesma system could be complemented by a fuell cell with a system producing hydrogen from gasoil, without any need to stock it on board. DCN will probably show a "fuel cell / hydrogen" kit at the next Euronaval fair. The expected result should be to double the performance of current AIP systems.

DCN is currently having talks with the Pakistani navy to sell several Marlins"

An old news.

Last edited:
oh boy.. there goes indian boy recently released from BR...
ever heard of (IDAS)? any flying MPA in close proximity to hunt silent sub (type-214) will be unleash by IDAS up in his P8I's ***.. think before you ejaculate heart pumping fake ego satisfying remarks..

you serious?
the IDAS is a heat-seeking missile....it's range is short...around 20kms(wiki)
even if you don't trust wiki...it's range can't be more than 20-50 km...as it's guidance is infrared(many BVR missiles have infra homing but that's in their last stage...this however is an exclusively infrared guided missile)
the P-8I has a detection range of around 500 nautical miles...so the IDAS missile would not reach the P-8I.
your surface ships would have to face the harpoon..which is an over-the-horizon missile with a 300 km range...aboard the Orion.

I dont think its a big worry for PN, this contract will take some time before it actually gets materialized.

Pakistan is already having P3c orions in numbers equiped with Harpoon Block 1&2, C602, and maybe with exocest. So generally it will take some time before IN could get a hand on P8I alongwith the armaments which PN is already having.:coffee:

ufff... in the past we bought 200 fighters/bombers/trainers, which helped us win 65 air war... now you are going to tell me US must be our best of the best friend?

not among the best friends but they sure have the best state of the art weapon

you serious?
the IDAS is a heat-seeking missile....it's range is short...around 20kms(wiki)
even if you don't trust wiki...it's range can't be more than 20-50 km...as it's guidance is infrared(many BVR missiles have infra homing but that's in their last stage...this however is an exclusively infrared guided missile)
the P-8I has a detection range of around 500 nautical miles...so the IDAS missile would not reach the P-8I.
your surface ships would have to face the harpoon..which is an over-the-horizon missile with a 300 km range...aboard the Orion.

what a uneducated fool.. typical prime BR member..
first of all.. learn a little or two things about IDAS... if wiki is your prime source then its just pathetic.. IDAS is not your usual (HEAT seeker)... its a wire guided meaning almost impossible to jam or be avoided.. in fact it is multi-role missile capable of engaging light land based, sea targets and its primary role of shooting down MPA air crafts making it true next generation missile.. and kid.. listen.... type-214 is not a sitting duck.... nether is it going to invite MPAs to hunt it down.... and oh btw... :lol::rofl: i just cant stop laughing at your stupidity.. MPA destroying u-boat at 300KM range??? do you even know that the only effective armament against this particular sub will only be depth charges and torpedos???... lol.... by the time harpoon is launched the sub will be already submerged to avoid a hit... :yahoo: bravo bravoo..

its a wire guided meaning almost impossible to jam or be avoided

lets not get too happy if its WIRE guided then its range will be seriously hampered ...unless you plan to take 50 kms of wire :rofl: so please stop makin fun of yourself

:cheers:

lets not get too happy if its WIRE guided then its range will be seriously hampered ...unless you plan to take 50 kms of wire :rofl: so please stop makin fun of yourself

:cheers:

the only ignorant fool making fun of own self is you and your indian buddy.. :) who thinks type-214 can be detected from 500km by MPA and get destroyed at 300km range!:crazy:
when Type-214 is just lying on the sea bed the only way to find this baby is to circle above and once in the range of 20KM any MPA will be history! however.. i can not say this about agosta-90b.....

Last edited:
what a uneducated fool.. typical prime BR member..
hey keep the steam out...a suggestion is to hit the wall or a pillow to vent out your frustration before you sit down to write a post.
first of all.. learn a little or two things about IDAS... if wiki is your prime source then its just pathetic.. IDAS is not your usual (HEAT seeker)... its a wire guided meaning almost impossible to jam or be avoided..
you know even a simple arrow shot from a bow can't be jammed...
a wire-guided missile is ALWAYS short-ranged.
I have only mentioned it's incapacity at being used at ranges exceeding 20 kms...that is what your much loved wiki says..care to dispute that?
in fact it is multi-role missile capable of engaging light land based, sea targets and its primary role of shooting down MPA air crafts making it true next generation missile
yeah it's a killer missile but short-ranged why don't you get that?
it might have a 100% kill probability in it's 20km range(it doesn't have a 100% kill probability though)...but when your target is out of range you can't do $hit about it with a 'next generation missile'.
and besides..the mark-54 torpedo is designed to be dropped from greater altitudes than is in practice...
.. and kid.. listen.... type-214 is not a sitting duck.... nether is it going to invite MPAs to hunt it down.... and oh btw... :lol::rofl: i just cant stop laughing at your stupidity.. MPA destroying u-boat at 300KM range???
please quote form my post and not from your vivid imagination...it having a detection range of 500 nautical miles is different from what you've grasped from my previous post written in simple but good English...
and the 300 kms is the harpoons range you added them up?
and please try to remain calm when you are required to be intelligent while quoting people.
do you even know that the only effective armament against this particular sub will only be depth charges and torpedos???... lol.... by the time harpoon is launched the sub will be already submerged to avoid a hit... :yahoo: bravo bravoo..

and what other options do we have to kill all the other inferior subs?
and please avoid overdoing them smilies in your attempt.
thanks.

hey keep the steam out...a suggestion is to hit the wall or a pillow to vent out your frustration before you sit down to write a post.
you have clearly portrayed yourself..
irrelevant post to divert the subject.. typical indian.

you know even a simple arrow shot from a bow can't be jammed...
a wire-guided missile is ALWAYS short-ranged.
I have only mentioned it's incapacity at being used at ranges exceeding 20 kms...that is what your much loved wiki says..care to dispute that?

are you really dumb? go learn a thing or two about military weapons before you start talking cr@p about irrelevant subject to divert the real topic.. yes genius.. wire guided missiles have short range.. just for your information.. wire guided short range missiles are the most effective short range missiles... get that some how in your brain..
compare any IR MANPAD with RBS-70 BOLIDE and you will find out that its almost unavoidable.. unless the pilots makes visual ID or else he is dead! though their is only one little draw back.. wire guided short range missiles are not very maneuverable however IDAS uses IRST-IR sensor head as well other systems making it every deadly! all your head can comprehend like a 13 year old teenage fan boy is the (RANGE)... anything that has greater "range" must be the best thing... or speed.. lol... thats your comprehension level.. and oh not to forget you can comprehend "bow and arrow part very well".. these stuff are made just for you...

yeah it's a killer missile but short-ranged why don't you get that?
it might have a 100% kill probability in it's 20km range(it doesn't have a 100% kill probability though)...but when your target is out of range you can't do $hit about it with a 'next generation missile'.
and besides..the mark-54 torpedo is designed to be dropped from greater altitudes than is in practice...

look... you are just being silly.. plain dumb..
now tell me... how is it possible to utilize MPA weapon's full range when the quietest submarine is lying on the sea bed?

please quote form my post and not from your vivid imagination...it having a detection range of 300kms is different from what you've grasped from my previous post written in simple but good English...please try to remain calm when you are required to be intelligent while quoting people.

Read your own sh1t first then try to act like a smart@ss..

(the P-8I has a detection range of around 500 nautical miles...so the IDAS missile would not reach the P-8I.
your surface ships would have to face the harpoon..which is an over-the-horizon missile with a 300 km range.)
:pop::rofl: this part is cracking me up really bad..

avoid overdoing them smilies in your attempt.
On your face..
:rofl::rofl::rofl::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
the only ignorant fool making fun of own self is you and your indian buddy.. :) who thinks type-214 can be detected from 500km by MPA and get destroyed at 300km range!:crazy:
when Type-214 is just lying on the sea bed the only way to find this baby is to circle above and once in the range of 20KM any MPA will be history! however.. i can not say this about agosta-90b.....
^^^is this what you are grinning about?
you should have written a few more posts before giving your secret away.
This is completely flawed....both theoretically and factually.
why do you find it so convenient to forget the fact that your 20 km super-duper missile is a 20 km super-duper missile...so you can't launch it from the ocean floor...the sub would also have to rise rapidly(in your scenario)thereby making plenty of noise for it to be detected.
there is no submarine that has a zero sonar signature....if you've watched some movie that has made you believe this then you should know that it's not so....at least not today.The sub has a metal body...which also makes it sonorous and magnetically detectable.
have you heard of the magnetic anomaly detection (MAD) System?well there is one on-board the P-8I...so even if your sub doesn't make any noise...it's metal body would give it way...read about MAD...

you have clearly portrayed yourself..
irrelevant post to divert the subject..typical indian

are you really dumb? go learn a thing or two about military weapons before you start talking cr@p about irrelevant subject to divert the real topic.. yes genius.. wire guided missiles have short range.. just for your information.. wire guided short range missiles are the most effective short range missiles... get that some how in your brain..
compare any IR MANPAD with RBS-70 BOLIDE and you will find out that its almost unavoidable.. unless the pilots makes visual ID or else he is dead! though their is only one little draw back.. wire guided short range missiles are not very maneuverable however IDAS uses IRST-IR sensor head as well other systems making it every deadly! all your head can comprehend like a 13 year old teenage fan boy is the (RANGE)... anything that has greater "range" must be the best thing... or speed.. lol... thats your comprehension level.. and oh not to forget you can comprehend "bow and arrow part very well".. these stuff are made just for you...
you are short-tempered...and have some anger-management problem.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom