What's new

Pakistan's Submarine Procurement

but still deal has not beeen finalised and our president in france now and we all know france wants pakistan to buy french subs not german subs and in past zaradari has also known for corupted dealsls with france in mirage fighter jet in benazir tenure as president

well at the moment all we can do is to pray thst every thing with germans goes on smoothly!!

no updatse on the proccedings of the deal??

it is taking too long for PN likeing, i wish it is not ruiened it the end!!

i have asked this question earlier and no body answered
Will pakistan be able to build its own agosta 90 B submarine with out french engineers help and when we have a plan to build more agosta 90 b

i have asked this question earlier and no body answered
Will pakistan be able to build its own agosta 90 B submarine with out french engineers help and when we have a plan to build more agosta 90 b

What do you mean by build? Pakistan only assembled the components. Nearly all the components such as engine, hull, AIPS, navigational aids, etc. came from France.

IMO Pakistan could assemble another Augusta 90B without French technicians. But build the submarine up from scratch? No way.

In-camera briefing on buying French submarines demanded
Updated at: 2230 PST, Thursday, July 30, 2009

ISLAMABAD: The opposition party, Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q) in the Upper House on Thursday demanded an in-camera briefing to the senators on the government plan to buy submarines from France instead of Germany.

Senator Jamal Leghari of the former ruling PML-Q while speaking on a point of order strongly opposed to government plan to buy submarines from France instead of Germany at a costly price.

He informed that Pakistan Navy had sent a summary to the President recommending buying submarines from Germany, but he regretted that the President rejected the summary and decided to purchase these from France.

He said that there would be one billion rupees loss to the national exchequer to go into agreement with France for purchasing the marines instead of Germany. He said that Germany has a latest technology and also a cheapest offer against the French old technology, which would also be costly. Therefore, he added that there was not need to undertake new agreement with France.

Pakistan had agreed to buy three Type 214 German submarines under deal worth more than $1 billion (773.7 million euros) that the two countries were expected to sign last year.

Leghari demanded an in-camera briefing of the Navel Chief to the Senate on buying the submarines saying that the House should betaken into confidence before going into any agreement with the French government.

Another senator of the PML-Q, Tariq Azeem also backed the demand saying that it was an important issue and the house should be taken on board in the in-camera briefing.

The presiding officer Tahir Hussain Mashadi, however, referred the matter to the Defence Committee of the House for further discussion, because of the absence of the minister concerned as well as Leader of the House at that time.

Senator Jamal Leghari of the former ruling PML-Q while speaking on a point of order strongly opposed to government plan to buy submarines from France instead of Germany at a costly price.

He informed that Pakistan Navy had sent a summary to the President recommending buying submarines from Germany, but he regretted that the President rejected the summary and decided to purchase these from France.

ejaz007 Bahi,
I am so confused, feeling not good,
what we are doing,

i am sooo upset!
but hey... i think their is still some hope... the government has just made a plan to buy french subs but that does not mean its a 100% done deal? doesnt the navy and joint chief of staff committee have their own say which is U-boats not the cra-py french submarine? lets hope this leadership is toppled in mid-term elections..

I agree WAZ, but Malin will incorporate more from Baracuda Sub which is one of the best in Nuclear Submarine Class at the moment and will be far forward in tech from U-214s or Scorpene. The reason Pakistan was reluctant was that Marlin is a new design and will require more integration and testing to fit the requirements. Agosta and Scorpene are on par. But when Agosta Project with MESMA was lauched the system was also new and not available elsewhere.

Pakistan should go French way in Sub since we have french Infrustructure and knowledge of their Sub building techniques as per Agosta Program are available.

dude, It would be a big mistake if we chose U-214.
Its the worlds best stealth submarine and batter answer for Indian Nuclear submarine.

France will only offer us conventional submarines with upgradation of Agosta 90B and Agosta 70. This will never help us to counter India.

Pakistan is doing same old mistake. I heard from credible resources that Pakistan Gov has descided to purchase French submarines.

The more over sad news is that COAS and CONS is silent. :confused: :cry:

dude, It would be a big mistake if we chose U-214.
Its the worlds best stealth submarine and batter answer for Indian Nuclear submarine.

France will only offer us conventional submarines with upgradation of Agosta 90B and Agosta 70. This will never help us to counter India.

Pakistan is doing same old mistake. I heard from credible resources that Pakistan Gov has descided to purchase French submarines.

The more over sad news is that COAS and CONS is silent. :confused: :cry:

The Naval Chief will only speak out after he gets retired, during his tenure he won't.

^

The Naval Chief will only speak out after he gets retired, during his tenure he won't.

.................and this is where "Democracy and Accountability" is worth more than its weight in Gold. If all military deals are accountable to Audit by committees of elected people both from the Govt. and Opposition then we all would get a far more fair deal.

^

.................and this is where "Democracy and Accountability" is worth more than its weight in Gold. If all military deals are accountable to Audit by committees of elected people both from the Govt. and Opposition then we all would get a far more fair deal.

Yea, and this is where the Ayesha Siddiqa kind of ****** people should come up and ask the govt not defence personnel about its defence procurement procedure. PA, PN & PAF always try to go for weapon systems that are best suited to their requirements but these politicians come in and ruin everything and the above mentioned so called defence critic have the balls to ask for a better & open system of defence procurement system and blame the armed forces for corruption.

ARE WE IN THE PROCESS IF OBTAINING SCORPENE SUBS FROM OUR FRENCH FRIENDS?

dont you ever call those frenchies our (Friends)! they are only here for their own profit! and btw technically PN is going to have a huge LOST if we really fall for this trap.. U-214 is the best way!

Back
Top Bottom