What's new

Pakistan's UAV - Drone developments

1668534043990.png

What is this??
Is it a loitering munition??
@farooqbhai007

Will check

View attachment 896918
Micro loitering munition showcased by PA RDE jointly developed with Integrated dynamics.
IMO a neat application of this could be a Sensor-Fuzed Weapon-style system.

Basically, preprogram these loitering sub-munitions with data on enemy ground-based vehicles. Then, take a JSOW-style dispenser (e.g., the Chinese GB500) and then load it with several dozen of these loitering (sub)munitions. Next, make the JSOW work in a where it doesn't just dump all the submunitions in one go. Rather, it flies like a drone around the area (maybe remote-operated) and sprinkles these submunitions over enemy tanks, artillery, positions, etc. You basically get something that can fulfill the role of a Sensor-Fuzed Weapon.

@SQ8 @JamD

IMO a neat application of this could be a Sensor-Fuzed Weapon-style system.

Basically, preprogram these loitering sub-munitions with data on enemy ground-based vehicles. Then, take a JSOW-style dispenser (e.g., the Chinese GB500) and then load it with several dozen of these loitering (sub)munitions. Next, make the JSOW work in a where it doesn't just dump all the submunitions in one go. Rather, it flies like a drone around the area (maybe remote-operated) and sprinkles these submunitions over enemy tanks, artillery, positions, etc. You basically get something that can fulfill the role of a Sensor-Fuzed Weapon.

@SQ8 @JamD
Similar to what the LOCPOD was supposed to do

Integrated Dynamic have updated their website after quite a while (post IDEAS 2022).
Some of the stuff they are showing is quite impressive, especially the HALE. The Solaris and Stratos HALE drones have a celling of 6KM and 22 KM (officially). The latter translate to a horizon of almost 600km. I have read that on 27 Feb PAF was watching Srinagar base in real time and I wonder if this UAV wasn't responsible.

There are also some Loitering munition (one of which looks like a Flying Dildo) and our own much more capable version of Shahed (running the numbers it has a range of almost 2000 km).

Why has this been under wraps for so long and wonder what other stuff is still classified.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @blain2 @JamD (since I need my hopes dashed and heartbroken) @SQ8 (ditto)

1668534043990.jpg

To me, this drone has a lot of utility & applications. The VTOL drones like quadcopters / hexacopters have very limited range / flight time as they have no ability to glide.

This one is VTOL and can glide hence it will have greator range / flight time. Naval platforms can also accommodate this.

Why is it disappointing???
Apparently it was super heavy and didn't have a huge payload capacity, at least from what I've been told.

No idea if it's true or not. Heard the project is pretty much dead in favor of Shahpar 2 and local manufacturing of Turkish and Chinese drones.

Integrated Dynamic have updated their website after quite a while (post IDEAS 2022).
Some of the stuff they are showing is quite impressive, especially the HALE. The Solaris and Stratos HALE drones have a celling of 6KM and 22 KM (officially). The latter translate to a horizon of almost 600km. I have read that on 27 Feb PAF was watching Srinagar base in real time and I wonder if this UAV wasn't responsible.

There are also some Loitering munition (one of which looks like a Flying Dildo) and our own much more capable version of Shahed (running the numbers it has a range of almost 2000 km).

Why has this been under wraps for so long and wonder what other stuff is still classified.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @blain2 @JamD (since I need my hopes dashed and heartbroken) @SQ8 (ditto)
Pakistan's defense industry tends to keep quiet until it has something to show, at least the serious players do. ID is a very serious player and have been for a very long time.

Last edited:

It’s not just about classified - some things are 70% ready and they are considered “products” to be sold(think tesla) and in other cases it’s a simple case of not knowing how to market it.

That company outside of RWP - Satuma had a very long range bi wing design about the size of the Shahed back in 2006.. but you don’t see it on the website because their bread and butter are the ones listed.

Is SATUMA even still active. They made a lot of money with the Flamingo during the start of the FATA operation since it was about the only local UAV with anything resembling long endurance, and the Army bought lots but not really heard much after that.

As for the ID offerings, these are game changing. They provide us with deep and long duration surveillance. On the India front, that makes most of their airbases under observation long term. Plus corps level manoeuvres can be watched.

Is SATUMA even still active. They made a lot of money with the Flamingo during the start of the FATA operation since it was about the only local UAV with anything resembling long endurance, and the Army bought lots but not really heard much after that.

As for the ID offerings, these are game changing. They provide us with deep and long duration surveillance. On the India front, that makes most of their airbases under observation long term. Plus corps level manoeuvres can be watched.
still appear to have been active by 2018.

Back
Top Bottom