What's new

Per capita income: A Pakistani now makes $1,513 a year

currently its better than indians??????

Yes by around $125.

Nope, India has higher GDP per capita than Pakistan.

nope

gdp indian.jpg

http://indiabudget.nic.in/es2014-15/estat1.pdf

India per capita income is Rs 88,533 for 2014-15 which mean $1390.

India's GDP per capita was 1,498.87 USD (2013) in 2013, so are you telling me its reduced to 1390 USD in 2014-15??? o_O:o:

Indian rupee has tanked in front of $ but in terms of rupees India's per capita has been increasing. Check link/image I posted.

Bangladesh has already grown to $1,314? That's like a huge growth from $957.8 back in 2013, congrats!

World Bank data of 2013 for the region:
  • Bangladesh: $958. And now $1,314 that's 37% growth in 2 years, that's massive! @UKBengali
  • Pakistan: $1,275. And now this thread reports $1,513 that's 19% growth, very nice as well.
  • India: $1,498. What's the latest number?
  • Sri Lanka: $3,280. Very high already, more than doubles of regional average. What's the latest number? @Azizam @Gibbs
The bulk of the region comprises of Pakistan, India and Bangladesh are about on par with one another, it would be nice to compete heathily for faster growth. Wish the PCEC and other external stimulus would further increase Pakistan's speed of growth, the 37% growth of Bangladesh in the last 2 years is mind-boggling!

Sri Lanka has an unique economic performance, the stage of development is getting close to middle-income countries in ASEAN. It would be useful to put SL in comparison with ASEAN in the next era.

As a vassal state of India( Words of HD posters not mine ) BD is destined to beat Pakistan

Well if Pakistan is growing then it is a very good news. Love my land in any conditions. :pakistan:We all should work hard for development of Pakistan. :smitten:

I was a little shocked when my parents came to UK for my graduation and they told me that the milk in UK was cheaper than in Pakistan- this was in 2010 I think....so yes it is unreasonable
It is incorrect

In fact the price of milk was slightly more expensive back on 2010 if my memory is correct.

In 2010 or 2011 I had started buying 5 pint milk bottle for £1.95 that is 2.84 litres or about 300 rupees for less than 3 litres of milk.

After 2012 I think, the price of milk is same in major stores such as Tesco from where you buy the bottle of milk for £1.48. Roughly 225 rupees for 2.84 litres of milk and in Pakistan it's 50 rupees per litre if bought from the dealer or 70 rupees if received at home from doodhwala or purchased the bottled milk from the store

Both India and Pakistan have some very wealthy industrialists so the income per capita is not always a good measure of how well off the common man is. A lot of wealth (especially true for India) is concentrated in the hands of a few.

In simple words it means Mr. 10% is making more money this year and when this income becomes part of per capita calculation, it shows up better, but for poor common man, it makes no difference, rather is been more difficult then last year.

Unfortunately most lower-middle and middle class Pakistanis now live in multi-story apartments (aka suffocating pigeon holes), specially in large cities, hence cant do what your are suggesting, even if they want to.

Pakistan is rated as most expensive country in South Asia. Well, that was some 5 years ago, but last year I was in Islamabad and I believe it (not talking about markets in posh areas) was more expensive than in Malaysia.

If a country has power shortage and if its using oil to generate power, which itself is imported, directly means higher cost of living due to higher production cost and lower utilization of resources due to power cut.

Back
Top Bottom