What's new

PIA plane crash near Model Colony Karachi with 93+ on board

Someone who just to PNS Shifa info me that Shaheer is not there.:(
:(
I shall be removing this then. But is there hope? You mean to say he's not in PNS Shifa? In any case apologies for this. i can understand it would be difficult time. Hence was in double mind sharing in first case.

:(
I shall be removing this then. But is there hope? You mean to say he's not in PNS Shifa. In any case apologies for this. i can understand it would be difficult time. Hence was in double mind sharing in first case.

Bhai no problem....clearing each other's doubts is also a noble thing. No problems.
I do pray that Shaheer makes it through.....Balach's body was just identified...only through his dog-tags.

Om Shanti, I wish speedy recovery to the survivors and strength to their loved ones!

Just as I thought and stated previously. The aircraft stalled as shown in this clip.

So from the ATC comms I deduce the following and this is my opinion ONLY!

1. Pilot experience difficulty. But thought he overcame the issue and stated in ATC comms "We are comfortable now, we can make it Inshallah".
2. Established on ILS at 3000 for runway 25L.
3. ATC clears pilot to land on 25L.
4. Pilot says "Roger Pakistan 8303". There is a ALARM SOUNDING in the background!!!
5. Pilot then says "Going around" followed by "We would like to come again for ILS 25L".
6. ATC says "Turn LEFT heading 110 CLIMB to 3000". (Answers why the aircraft crashed just left of the runway)
7. Pilot asks for clarification "Left heading?". ATC confirms. Pilot acknowledges.
8. Pilot asks for height maintenance at 2000 whilst heading left towards the populated area. ATC permits and says maintain 2000. The pilot is 1800 feet at this point (Plane is losing altitude!)
9. Pilot says "Sir we are trying to maintain 2000". Shortly after Pilot says we have lost engines.
10. ATC asks can you confirm you are carrying out belly landing? Then clears Pilot to land on 25L
11. MAYDAY MAYDAY MAYDAY calls the pilot.
12. ATC states roger both runways available.
13. Pakistan 8303 unfortunately clashes.

Apart from the loss of thrust, points 5, 6 & 7 above are the scenario changing events. Surely when going around the SOP is to maintain heading towards the runway just in case and not head into a populated area?
With the loss of engines, the turn and the attempt to climb lost precious energy the aircraft could have used to glide to and belly land on 25L.
Any pilots who are on the forum who regularly fly into Karachi can better tell us what procedure is from the charts. Given that ATC gave out those instructions it is safe to assume it was accepted SOP.

life and death, just short of few meters.

EYoylbkXsAAKJBi

What is really surprising is presence of civilian construction near airport landing, that too an international airport.....
Unforgivable mistake by administration

7 survived uptill now.

1. Ammar
2. Ansar Naqvi (24 News Director)
3. CEO BOP (Masud)
4. Zara Abid (Model)
5. Lt. Hamza Yousuf (Pakistan Army)
6. Rana Ansar (Ex MPA MQM, Wife of Ansar Naqvi)
7. Muhammad Zubair

This is confirm

إِنَّا لِلَّٰهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ​

May Allah grant them paradise in the last days of this blessed month and give patience to their loved once :-(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom