What's new

PIA plane crash near Model Colony Karachi with 93+ on board

upon loss of power pilot trying beyond hope,

it was either nose up or even more loss on ground

Thats it. He tried to get it over to the airport perimeter right to end with all systems pretty much failed (ram air turbine deployed).

Heroic, professional and calm right to the end. Heartbreaking and devastating all round.

well I read somewhere one of his friend cleared the confusion that he wasn’t on board. His plan was changed to traveling by train.

Actually that message was regarding 2/Lt Hamza Yusuf....but later on it was negated. He made a video call to one of his buddies from inside the plane. So.....

They deserve a lot of appreciation.
30006DCD-9FE9-4C1A-91B6-4AAB01CB3CC6.jpeg
9E85D928-A7D9-4994-98DB-6398C4AB7037.jpeg

Spoke to my father who served in PIA as a Boeing engineer for 40 odd years, also my cousin who also served in PIA engineering and now very senior GE, this unfortunate plane had a history of LEFT engine issues and it was flagged many times by the technicians. It seems there was landing gear issue on initial approach and pilot had to abort the landing which mean full throttle climb out at 500 feet. There was a step climb till 3000 feet. It's a normal proceed to take the aircraft around 5k 6k feet for manual checks and try manual landing gear deployment under gravity. There might not have been any issue at all and it could be just a false electrical reading about landing gear issue. and in this stage the left engine might have given up.

Now at this stage, it's not confirmed , it seems the pilot may have mistakenly pulled the right engine fire handle. Which lead to both engine going offline and at that altitude it is impossible to restart the engine. RAT deployment is clear sign that both engines were offline.

This is the same situation which happened in ATR crash unfortunately.

Shaheer has somehow disappeared, am looking for him ......no cfm regarding his status.....
I don’t know where people are coming up with this but I just read another tweet confirming Shaheer among the survivors.

CCTV shows landing gear extended. Seems like landing gear issue was resolved during go around.

in an audio released, it can be heard, the pilot says that both the plane's engines are out before calling mayday.

at the crash site or at the hospitals?

community is very close knitted there and is one of the most peaceful neighbourhood in terms of street crimes.

sabar rakh
your first inclination was they poor they encroached lands.

airport pe jitna dhandha hota hai usse 100 gunah saaf paperwork hai in colony ka.

i dont know

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom