What's new

Pictures From Kochi Shipyard !!!

madooxno9

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
I was just playing around on Google Earth and just got curious and Found this.

Is It a frigate or Air craft carrier ???

Pictures Looks from early January 2011

Here It is Enjoy...

kochi3.png
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

kochi4.png
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Length =143 meters

The problem is a normal carrier is in length 227 meters (INS Viraat) ,but this ships look pretty short in length....so is it clear that it's not carrier???

Or i am missing something..???

I strongly believe that is the IAC-1. I remember seeing a photo somewhere with those 6 contiguous sheds whose roof is in zig-zag pattern height-wise towards the starboard next to the carrier. We see 3 in the above snapshot 2 & 3. Also loitering around CSL, this is the biggest ship being built and maybe it looks small because it's still being built. My 2 cents. Feel free to point out otherwise.

It's the IAC-1 under construction. This was verified by Lt. Col. Shukla a few months back. The reason it seems smaller than expected is because the aft modules are yet to be integrated. Based on the Google map pics, it seems that this would take another 3-4 years for launching and 6-7 years for commissioning at the minimum.

This is IAC-1, no doubt about that. Its looks small because the ship built with modular shipbuilding technique. There should other two or three parts which will be welded later. But the pics are atleast one year old, because the ship is ready to be launched.

that's not an aircraft carrier there is no place for Landing strip. Nor is it an oil tanker it's shape suggests it's designed for fast surface movement and high maneuverability oil tankers are the slowest and least maneuverable ships as they have proportionally more hull underwater compared to any other type of ship.
My guess it's either a frigate or a covette.

that's not an aircraft carrier there is no place for Landing strip. Nor is it an oil tanker it's shape suggests it's designed for fast surface movement and high maneuverability oil tankers are the slowest and least maneuverable ships as they have proportionally more hull underwater compared to any other type of ship.
My guess it's either a frigate or a covette.
143m long frigate??If it's not an AC or an oil tanker it's got to be a LPD.

Nah , it cant be
IAC1 is something like 260 m in length
even the Hull of the ship is 243 m long

By the way actual IAC1 pic on Google would not have been updated for 2009
coz as per India US agreement Indian defense installation pics on Google Earth would either be blurred or would only be updated once in 18 months

Thats the reason why u can actually count the number of fighters stationed at Karachi Airbase but it would be difficult to spot a single fighter stationed in and around Delhi , even though Delhi has air-cover provided by 120 Fighters stationed across 3 Airbases

143m long frigate.If it's not an AC or an oil tanker it's got to be a LPD.

It could more likely be an LST like the Shardul class coz Magar Class will retire in 2017 and an LPD would be over 15000 Ton and at-least 180 m in length
While this ship doesnot look over 7000 Tons

Look, my cousin works in the shipyard as an engineer tasked with the IAC-1. So one day we decided to visit him at work and hopefully get a glimpse of the carrier......apparently, all entry to the IAC area are restricted to military personnel and the engineers/workforce tasked with it. Now, i doubt this picture is the real carrier, considering all the security checks they have in place.

Back
Top Bottom