What's new

Places to visit in Pakistan - Help me plan my trip

PAFAce

Reaction score
Okay brothers. I'm very excited about my upcoming trip to Pakistan. This time around, I've been pumping my parents for months to let me travel and see my country in its entirety. Unfortunately, I probably won't get to go to Sindh or Balochistan as they are too far South and I only have family in Karachi (hence, nowhere to stay). Also, I'm having a tough time convincing my parents of allowing me to go to FATA. I can understand their nervousness, but it's my country dammit! I'll go wherever the heck I want!

Here is a list I compiled of places of interest, please let me know of places I can visit in Pakistan (Obviously, I won't be visit all of them, but I'll try to check most of them off my list).

Places of interest in Pakistan

Punjab
Taxilla
Lahore
Wagah - Indian Border
Murree
Islamabad
Bahawalpur
Multan

Azad Kashmir
Muzaffarabad
Mirpur
Border

Gilgit-Baltistan
Karakorum Highway
Karimabad - Hunza
Gilgit
Skardu

NWFP
Lake Saiful Muluk - Kaghan
Peshawar
Attock
Chitral
Swat
Sindh
Karachi
Hyderabad
Mohenjo-Daro

Balochistan
Quetta
Gawadar
Makran Coastal Highway
Hanna Lake
Bolan Pass - near Quetta

FATA
Khyber Pass - Afghan Border

With Pakistan Day Parade cancelled, 23rd March has opened up for me (I'm still pissed about it). However, by mid-April, I'll be as free as a bird and in my exploration shorts (or shalwar, more likely). Like I said, my trip will most likely be in the Northern region: Punjab, Azad Kashmir, Gilgit-Baltistan and NWFP (I've been to a few of these places before). Sorry to my Sindhi and Balochi brothers, I would love to visit your homes as well, but I just don't have the time, the money nor the logistics to plan another trip to the South.

Best of Luck and have a Safe Journey!:yahoo: and do share ur vids and photos with us.

go to Khewra and its sorroundings area.......... you will never forget your journey....... Khewra, Chuay-e-Sadan Shah, Jhelum, Kallar Kahar, Chenyot and sorrounding areas. Go Historical places Salt like the Castle of Sher Shah Suri, Temples built by Pandava's brothers, Salt, Coal and other natural reserves

If your coming from lahore to islamabad.......after jehlum take a right at dina towards mangla-mirpur......the list below is in order of what you would see first when you enter AJK.

AJK

1.Mangla fort
2.Mirpur city
3.Mangla dam
4.Pir Gali
5.From pir gali go toward khuiratta in district kotli and you will be on the sothern kashmir border......from there you can travel along the border road onto tattapani-banjosa-dhirkot-muzzufrabad-athmuqam.
http://www.pndajk.gov.pk/images/maps/AJK_Map.jpg

idk man if i ever you id definitely add Sargodha to my list.

Sargodha, in a way you can say is the heart of PAF...you have to see all the bases there and stuff, and if you got an hour or two drive down to Mona Depot, the best place for horse riding in all of Pakistan. And its a rural area, that will definitely take you back atleast 100 years. My village is there so i'll post a few picks here if i can find them to show you the area. Also famous is Bhalwal, The only pakistani city that is still a fort lol, you can actually see the entire city encircled by the wall and see its different gates.

All the below pictures are of the rural punjab, i was visiting my village a year ago so took a bit of pictures, literally takes you back in time.

2fa6d71b4299c047a5ab315953f07c4b.jpg

This is a more than 100 year old building, it used to be residence for the british officers who would come and visit the area

22eee1d1a4dd282eb73d80f22cace631.jpg

51dd9eaef2d5888333609bbe21f850d0.jpg

This a government school on the outskirts of the village
bac2a5c4bdc4ed8face40b878c7970a5.jpg

2ef74f5d8d8a6da6ec3ca21cbb25b2fa.jpg

This is ma village lol :pakistan:
d62f924cd3ffa6ec919e691b4c62d142.jpg

I wouldnt spend too much time in Islamabad, it feels pretty much like a western city. If your going there too see Pakistan, you wont find much of Pakistan there

Try going as far down to the kashmir side or kaghan, naran as they'll let you. For me it felt like heaven on earth

**Mods i dont know if these pics are a violation, im just trying to drive the guy away from metros so he can see this side of Pakistan :cheers:

And make sure you get a seat on emirates, you'll be flying on the only Airbus 380 in the world...itsss awesooomeeee

Last edited:
Darbar e Hazrat Sultan Bahoo Jhang & Heer Ranjha go there and listen to live Sufi Kalam .

My friend wherever you will go in Pakistan, I am sure you will be astound and after going through half the places you mentioned in your compiled list, your parents definitely will have tough time getting you back………!!!!

And I am surprised how you forget the “City of Pine”, Abbottabad….hell of beautiful places are there in Abbottabad and is one of the beautiful cities of NWFP……The city is also known by its world class institutions like PMA situated in Kakul locally known as Kakul academy…….starting point of Karakorum Highway in Havelian is in district Abbottabad…….and on you way to Gilgit-Baltistan, you have to travel through the city....

Best of Luck

Last edited:
Yaar, bring back pictures and post them here. please

i miss pakistan so much.

be careful in swat area lol

The city of Sialkot is considered to be one of the most historical cities in the sub-continent. The nostalgia and splendour ingrained in its aesthetic architecture is reminiscent of glorious times.

Sialkot is known as the city of Iqbal who was born, and bred here.
It is a city with a rich cultural, political, social and educational history with a diverse mix of people from varying walks and backgrounds. Sialkot is a city of culture and industry. It has seen times of bloody wars and has prospered in the golden ages of peace.

Of late, the city of Sialkot has worn a new look with the newly laid roads, erection of crossing, installation of street lights, construction of new buildings and renovation of old buildings. The construction work of the Sialkot International Airport is also in progress.
A mushroom growth of educational institutions both in public and private sectors has taken place which shows the keen interest of the people of Sialkot in education.

For a prospective student the city of Sialkot provides a memorable and valuable experience. It is a vibrant city with facilities of all sorts. The centre of cultural, academic and social learning Sialkot boasts an enviable percentage of literacy.

Role of Sialkotis in 1965 Pakistan India War.

In 1966, Pakistan Government had awarded the citizens of Lahore, Sialkot And Sargodha for their braveness in the Indo-Pakistani War of 1965 which was started on 06.09.1965. when the Indian Army Troops suddenly attacked and break the Line of Control in the West Pakistan sector at near about 3.00 AM.

The Indian Army Chief and high official announced that they would take dinner in Lahore Gymkhana Club. BBC announced this news in their news bulletins again and again. But all there dreams changed in to a dreadful dream, false and baseless when they cannot able to cross the BRB Canal with their utmost try till the end of the war.

During this 17 days war, the character of Lahoris proved themselves as an undefeatable through their bravery. On 07.09.1965, the Indian Army attacked with over 1,000 armed Sherman tanks at Sialkot sector but all their dreams has been changed in to a dreadful dreams when the brave men from Pakistan Army laid down to tie the bombs on their chests and laid down in front of these tanks.

It is called that this tank war was the second biggest war of tanks after 2nd World War. In the result, all most all the tanks were changed in to scrap. On the very same day, the Indian Air Force attacked the biggest air attack over Sargodha Air base with their latest Russian Mig which the had taken from the Soviet Union. But by the grace of Almighty Allah (God) once again helped the Pakistanis and most of their Russian Mig were totally damaged or fell down in an air fight. Seeing this braveness of the People of Lahore, Sialkot and Sargodha, the Government of Pakistan awarded the cities and citizens of Lahore, Sialkot and Sargodha with the flag name “HILAL-E-ISTAQLAL” which is one of the highest civilian award.

The citizens of Lahore, Sialkot and Sargodha played an important role in this war and helped Pakistan Army and Pakistan Air Force and Pakistan Navy with their full zeal and zest.

Sialkot :pakistan:

Okay brothers. I'm very excited about my upcoming trip to Pakistan. This time around, I've been pumping my parents for months to let me travel and see my country in its entirety. Unfortunately, I probably won't get to go to Sindh or Balochistan as they are too far South and I only have family in Karachi (hence, nowhere to stay). Also, I'm having a tough time convincing my parents of allowing me to go to FATA. I can understand their nervousness, but it's my country dammit! I'll go wherever the heck I want!

Here is a list I compiled of places of interest, please let me know of places I can visit in Pakistan (Obviously, I won't be visit all of them, but I'll try to check most of them off my list).

Places of interest in Pakistan

Punjab
Taxilla
Lahore
Wagah - Indian Border
Murree
Islamabad
Bahawalpur
Multan

Azad Kashmir
Muzaffarabad
Mirpur
Border

Gilgit-Baltistan
Karakorum Highway
Karimabad - Hunza
Gilgit
Skardu

NWFP
Lake Saiful Muluk - Kaghan
Peshawar
Attock
Chitral
Swat
Sindh
Karachi
Hyderabad
Mohenjo-Daro

Balochistan
Quetta
Gawadar
Makran Coastal Highway
Hanna Lake
Bolan Pass - near Quetta

FATA
Khyber Pass - Afghan Border

With Pakistan Day Parade cancelled, 23rd March has opened up for me (I'm still pissed about it). However, by mid-April, I'll be as free as a bird and in my exploration shorts (or shalwar, more likely). Like I said, my trip will most likely be in the Northern region: Punjab, Azad Kashmir, Gilgit-Baltistan and NWFP (I've been to a few of these places before). Sorry to my Sindhi and Balochi brothers, I would love to visit your homes as well, but I just don't have the time, the money nor the logistics to plan another trip to the South.

don't forget to visit SAID PUR village in Islamabad...really a worth seeing place.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom