PNS Ghazi and Indian Propaganda.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Ghazi.jpg

1971 War & loss

On 14 November 1971, Ghazi again sailed into combat, with orders to proceed south from Karachi in West Pakistan, go north of the Maldives, south of Sri Lanka, and then turn sharply inland and hug the east Indian coastline all the way up to East Pakistan; mining and attacking Indian warships with the carrier INS Vikrant her prime target. Indian naval intelligence had intercepted a supply request for USN-grade submarine oil from a naval base in East Pakistan, so they were anticipating Ghazi’s patrol plan and probable path. To deceive Pakistani intelligence as to Vikrant’s whereabouts (actually at sea in the Bay of Bengal), the Vishakapatnam naval base continued to order rations as if Vikrant’s crew was in port, and the destroyer INS Rajput (home ported at Vishakapatnam) transmitted a huge volume of HF messages, as if she was the carrier.

The exact circumstances of what happened next are unclear. The official Indian navy account is that Rajput acquired a sonar contact near Vishakapatnam harbour at around 23:59 on 3 December 1971 and commenced a depth charge attack, with an explosion heard and an oil slick observed about twenty minutes later, approximately 00:15 on 4 December 1971.

However an Egyptian submarine officer in Vishakapatnam during the war recalls hearing two distinct explosions and only then seeing Rajput and another ship (either a minesweeper or salvage ship) leave port and sortie towards the area.

Sources.

PNS Ghazi:USS Sea Owl

PNS Ghazi 1971.

guilty unless proven...whatever suits better!!!!!
from the above article, we can safely deduce that either the indian propaganda machine did a more than awesome job in convincing the world that they sunk the Ghazi ( only to resurface at the PDF 32 yrs later) or the ghazi handlers were very very unlucky/incompetent to meet their creator when their job was to do something else.
God rest those souls. whatever it be....bad luck or incompetence.....tehy died a brave death nonetheless. salute.

Then where did the Ghanzi GO

Was killed by Amir Khan and Suriya..,\
@Topic: Good job moderator to satisfy your ego... We all know many Pakistani don't believe 9/11 was OBL job, Many Pakistani don't believe that OBL was killed in Abbad...

On same line many Pakistani will find it hard to believe it as well..

Do whatever suits your ego, sire...

Last edited by a moderator:
Was killed by Amir Khan and Suriya..,\
[MENTION=145985]We all know many Pakistani don't believe 9/11 was OBL job.

Many Americans too think that 9/11 was an inside job, what's your point? (Not that I'm favoring OBL)

Many Americans too think that 9/11 was an inside job, what's your point? (Not that I'm favoring OBL)

don matter u favor or not....OBL was found next to army base...America went inside KILLED him and came back...what's your point... @Topic: Does not matter whatever your mentioned Ego report says…the point is where PNS Ghazi is now…? PNS GHAZI is giving company to OBL.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard this "Egyptian officer" a lot of times. but his postings seem to vary, sometimes commercial navy, sometimes warship and now submarine. AFAIK, Egypt acquired 4 romeo class submarines from "china" in 1970s. Why would they be docking either for refit or otherwise in India? Another thing is, these subs had 9,000 NM range. Now compare that to pak daphnae class subs with 10,000 NM range. Compare this with the fact that daphnaes were restricted to west coast of India as they did not have "range" to go to east coast and come back. Then how come Egyptian (which is far far away than pak) come and dock in Visakapattanam?
Am I missing something? can somebody enlighten me on this Egyptian officer?

PS: OK, according to China, it sold 4 subs to Egypt between 1981 to 1984. So, Egypt did not operate a sub in 1971, or did it?

don matter u favor or not....OBL was found next to army base...America went inside KILLED him and came back...what's your point... @Topic: Does not matter whatever your mentioned Ego report says…the point is where PNS Ghazi is now…? PNS GHAZI is giving company to OBL.

and than your mommy put some water on your face and you wake up from a wonderful dream , happy ending ..... only peoples like you can believe that OBL was dead in abbotabad and go to FBI and see what they accuse OBL for !!! than come and bark here !! or till than keep believing those fairy tales stories which worse than your bollywood's war movies :omghaha::omghaha:

and than your mommy put some water on your face and you wake up from a wonderful dream , happy ending ..... only peoples like you can believe that OBL was dead in abbotabad and go to FBI and see what they accuse OBL for !!! than come and bark here !! or till than keep believing those fairy tales stories which worse than your bollywood's war movies :omghaha::omghaha:

so drone attacks on Pakistani ppl too are fairy tales?

For your convenience I have found out the PNS Ghazi...look at the satellite image below...
image.jpg

Go to Vishakhapatnam...board any auto/taxi from the railway station/ airport and ask the driver to take you to Chinna Waltair. Get down at Park Plaza hotel, take a right turn and walk towards RK beach. After 3 mins of walking (300 meters) you will find the sail of the PNS Ghazi..put up as an exhibit on the way to Vishakha Museum. I presume the rest of the submarine is somewhere in the Bay of Bengal. I have circled the area...

so drone attacks on Pakistani ppl too are fairy tales?

50 years from now...it would be for sure.

Back
Top Bottom