What's new

POF-X | A Modern 9mm Self Defense Weapon by Pakistan Ordnance Factories

Some considerations. POF should make a flaired magwell and it slide should have a way for mounting a RMR.
Maybe if we're lucky in the next 50 years. Some uncle will wake up on the right side of bed and a light bulb will go on. Otherwise I wouldn't hold my breath.

Because a side arm is virtually useless on a battlefield.
Depends on type of battlefield. If you're fighting a conventional trench to trench war then yes.

If you end up fighting somewhat of a decentralized war in urban environment. Which I believe in these times is inevitable as conventional warfare mostly likely will end in stalemate between India and Pakistan.

Depends on type of battlefield. If you're fighting a conventional trench to trench war then yes.

If you end up fighting somewhat of a decentralized war in urban environment. Which I believe in these times is inevitable as conventional warfare mostly likely will end in stalemate between India and Pakistan.

Even in an urban enviroment they aren't much use, I assure you.

Soldiers training in FIBUA ( fighting in built up enviroment) have their standard personal weapon, never a pistol.

what would be the reason for a soldier carrying a short range and inaccurate weapon?
that is a bit of a stupid question. Almost every nation has side arm issued to officers. Unless they are higher up the chain away from the frontlines.
Because a side arm is virtually useless on a battlefield.
Depends on type of battlefield.
if I may be so bold as to ask how many types of battlefield are there and how many times have you fought in one (esp. with a pistol) ?

Last edited:
Some considerations. POF should make a flaired magwell and it slide should have a way for mounting a RMR.

It does come with a picatinny rail, so eventually we could see the slide having an RMR mounting in its next version / eventually.

This is a copy of Beretta 92fs, infact POF collaborated with Turkish company Girsan and copied their Regard 92.

Dude what is a modern design. This is a time tested design if you are trying to compare this with a Stryker fire gun then that is an apple to orange comparison.

A modern design is sleek, lightweight, easy to carry and shoot with easy to conceal qualities at the same time being durable

Looks like made in Turkey, assembled in Pakistan.
Hint: Serial #

Anyone know the price?? Also its fairly easy for anyone in Pakistan to get a license for 9mm pistol.

A modern design is sleek, lightweight, easy to carry and shoot with easy to conceal qualities at the same time being durable
That is usually not applicable for full size pistol. There is still market for all metal full size pistols in the market. Ppl in Usa still buy barretta 92fx here.

That is usually not applicable for full size pistol. There is still market for all metal full size pistols in the market. Ppl in Usa still buy barretta 92fx here.

There are many mordern full size pistols.

I never said there is no market for metal pistols and beretta 92fx is not considered a modern pistol.

People in US still buy 1911 more than a beretta 92fx so whats your point anyway??

There are many mordern full size pistols.

I never said there is no market for metal pistols and beretta 92fx is not considered a modern pistol.

People in US still buy 1911 more than a beretta 92fx so whats your point anyway??
My point in all this is that these type of pistols are still relevant. I don't think we can categorize this one just yet from the bucket of modern pistols.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom