What's new

POF-X | A Modern 9mm Self Defense Weapon by Pakistan Ordnance Factories

My point in all this is that these type of pistols are still relevant. I don't think we can categorize this one just yet from the bucket of modern pistols.

A russian Tokarev tt 30 bore pistol is also still relevant. Its a very popular pistol in Pakistan.

However it is not considered a modern pistol.

Your point that something which is old and still being used should be considered as modern firearm just because it is still relevant has no significance.

A russian Tokarev tt 30 bore pistol is also still relevant. Its a very popular pistol in Pakistan.

Your point that something which is old and still being used should be considered as modern firearm just because it is still relevant has no significance.
and what is the definition of modern pistol again :D

any idea how much it's for and where can i get it from?

View attachment 739002

POF-X is a modern self-defense weapon chambered in 9x19 Para. It has been produced by POF and being sold by Wah Industries LTD, a subsidiary of Pakistan Ordnance Factories (POF). It's a modern self-defense weapon, that is being offered to civilian users in Pakistan at an attractive - introductory price tag.

If any of our members want to buy this handgun, you can follow the links below.
Contact Details: exports@pof.gov.pk sales@wahindustries.com
Another beretta copy.
Few years ago they launched the same gun with I think PK-9 name. Now they just change the name.

Tt30 is a true bad a$$ by all means.
You can call it not modern at your own choice but that pistol can still defeat most modern pistols. It's 7.62*25 bullet long range and penetration is unmatched. That bullet can even penetrate the level 1 bullet proof vest and helmets . That pistol was designed for a battlefield not for the self defence purpose MODERN pistols we see today.
That pistol was extensively used in WW2 and made russia won a war against germans. It's simple design, reliability and a good metullargy is a lethal combination.
Though here I am talking about the original Russian tokarev or these days made by serbian zastava arms or Chinese norinco. The vastly produced darra copies with local bullets in pakistan are definitely not a like for like comparison.

307A4CCC-845A-410F-B1D4-21A3ADE877F3.jpeg

Pakistan should regulate the PDWs and it has a huge potential to earn good money in Pakistan. We are paying hefty amounts for Turkish and Chinese weapons while POF can make good money.

Tt30 is a true bad a$$ by all means.
You can call it not modern at your own choice but that pistol can still defeat most modern pistols. It's 7.62*25 bullet long range and penetration is unmatched. That bullet can even penetrate the level 1 bullet proof vest and helmets . That pistol was designed for a battlefield not for the self defence purpose MODERN pistols we see today.
That pistol was extensively used in WW2 and made russia won a war against germans. It's simple design, reliability and a good metullargy is a lethal combination.
Though here I am talking about the original Russian tokarev or these days made by serbian zastava arms or Chinese norinco. The vastly produced darra copies with local bullets in pakistan are definitely not a like for like comparison.

If you look at an Ak47. It is one of the best, most reliable assault rifle.

However it is not considered a modern firearm.

I have never said weapons used during world war 2 are bad.

All I said a modern firearm is different for yesterday's firearm.

Never owned TT 30 bore , although I have used and fired it.

I used to own Taurus Pt92 which is a copy of Beretta 92. However I find the weapon to be heavy and not easy to conceal carry.

In NO way that weapon is bad.

Went and bought a strikerfire pistol Carcal F 9mm. God Lord!! I just loved the pistol. One of the sweetest trigger, less recoil, light, easy to carry, quick sights.

Its a shame I had to give it away.

and what is the definition of modern pistol again :D

Nevermind

Last edited:
Review was bit short in my opinion. Also, the price wasn't really given. Though the handling of the weapon was nice and also video footage was nice. Would have really appreciated if the exact price was also mentioned.

If you look at an Ak47. It is one of the best, most reliable assault rifle.

However it is not considered a modern firearm.

I have never said weapons used during world war 2 are bad.

All I said a modern firearm is different for yesterday's firearm.

Never owned TT 30 bore , although I have used and fired it.

I used to own Taurus Pt92 which is a copy of Beretta 92. However I find the weapon to be heavy and not easy to conceal carry.

In NO way that weapon is bad.

Went and bought a strikerfire pistol Carcal F 9mm. God Lord!! I just loved the pistol. One of the sweetest trigger, less recoil, light, easy to carry, quick sights.

Its a shame I had to give it away.

Nevermind
you are mixing two concepts.
I have a concealed carry fire arm sig p365 and I have a Walther ppq2 for home they are not for the same purpose. If I can conceal Walther I rather have that since it has less recoil because of its wait and some custom work I did. One does not make the other old or modern. Just different use. You think sig p226 is not modern? it is being carried as a side arm by lots of service folks...
My two cents.
Not sure what your experience is with the handguns, but I am a member at a gun club here and I have tried pretty much 80 to 90 percent of handguns out there on the range. Beretta still pretty relevant for its use.

you are mixing two concepts.
I have a concealed carry fire arm sig p365 and I have a Walther ppq2 for home they are not for the same purpose. If I can conceal Walther I rather have that since it has less recoil because of its wait and some custom work I did. One does not make the other old or modern. Just different use. You think sig p226 is not modern? it is being carried as a side arm by lots of service folks...
My two cents.
Not sure what your experience is with the handguns, but I am a member at a gun club here and I have tried pretty much 80 to 90 percent of handguns out there on the range. Beretta still pretty relevant for its use.

Dont get me wrong. A sig p226 is an amazing firearm, but it is heavy and not easy to conceal carry.

I dont know what is your understanding of modern Firearm.

But one for the house, one for conceal carry is bit amateur to be honest.

In my opinion, any firearm you choose should be trained on, so you can use it properly when the time comes.

Im not saying keeping one at home for home defense and keeping one as your daily carry gun is wrong. All im saying its better to pick a weapon, train on it, build your confidence , analyze your Strengths and Weakness so when the time comes, your ready.

Sir this is my two cents.

I dont have no gun experience nor am i member of any gun club.

Yes I have a striker Fired Pistol that I use for my safety. I have trained on it and I can Shoot better with that and I think its better than my previous pistols that were heavy and required more efforts to conceal carry and acquire target quickly.

In No way im discrediting a Sig P226 or a Beretta 92 or even 1911.

I am definately a noob when it comes to guns. So enjoy your day

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom