What's new

POF-X | A Modern 9mm Self Defense Weapon by Pakistan Ordnance Factories

That's all every town in every province of Pakistan needs, another cheap pistol.

Dont get me wrong. A sig p226 is an amazing firearm, but it is heavy and not easy to conceal carry.

I dont know what is your understanding of modern Firearm.

But one for the house, one for conceal carry is bit amateur to be honest.

In my opinion, any firearm you choose should be trained on, so you can use it properly when the time comes.

Im not saying keeping one at home for home defense and keeping one as your daily carry gun is wrong. All im saying its better to pick a weapon, train on it, build your confidence , analyze your Strengths and Weakness so when the time comes, your ready.

Sir this is my two cents.

I dont have no gun experience nor am i member of any gun club.

Yes I have a striker Fired Pistol that I use for my safety. I have trained on it and I can Shoot better with that and I think its better than my previous pistols that were heavy and required more efforts to conceal carry and acquire target quickly.

In No way im discrediting a Sig P226 or a Beretta 92 or even 1911.

I am definately a noob when it comes to guns. So enjoy your day
Conceal carry is not the definition of modern dear friend :)
Dont get me wrong. A sig p226 is an amazing firearm, but it is heavy and not easy to conceal carry.

In my opinion, any firearm you choose should be trained on, so you can use it properly when the time comes.

Im not saying keeping one at home for home defense and keeping one as your daily carry gun is wrong. All im saying its better to pick a weapon, train on it, build your confidence , analyze your Strengths and Weakness so when the time comes, your ready.

Yes I have a striker Fired Pistol that I use for my safety. I have trained on it and I can Shoot better with that and I think its better than my previous pistols that were heavy and required more efforts to conceal carry and acquire target quickly.

I train with all my fire arms. I would not claim to be a professional. However, that said I know enough to have an intelligent conversation. Talking big never get anyone anywhere.

I train with all my fire arms. I would not claim to be a professional. However, that said I know enough to have an intelligent conversation. Talking big never get anyone anywhere.
As for keeping two separate ones being amateur not sure I get this argument of yours. You are making an assumption that I am less accomplished at using one over the other :-). Truly said I am ok with either. I am not John wick (lol) but I can shoot at a reasonable target. for a civilian like me it is more than enough.

Last edited:
Conceal carry is not the definition of modern dear friend :)

As for keeping two separate ones being amateur not sure I get this argument of yours. You are making an assumption that I am less accomplished at using one over the other :-). Truly said I am ok with either. I am not John wick (lol) but I can shoot at a reasonable target. for a civilian like me it is more than enough.

Come On! Im a Nobody to Judge anyone or even make assumptions.

I personally think its better to train on a weapon that you have confidence with instead of keeping one for home one for daily carry. Obviously thats just my personal opinion and Im not perfect.

Please my post is directed towards a general understanding and not towards you in any way or manner.

Please look at the broader picture here and dont stick on a single point like conceal carry.

For example if you let me pick a weapon between Beretta 92 and glock 17. Id chose a glock...not because I can conceal carry it, but a glock is lighter, easy to handle, ergonomics, balance, quick sights and I can carry it all day without breaking a sweat.At the end of the day I can shoot better with it.

But this doesnt mean a beretta 92 is bad choice. Im just differentiating my understanding of a modern firearm.

That being said, im sure everyone has their own preference.

Come On! Im a Nobody to Judge anyone or even make assumptions.

I personally think its better to train on a weapon that you have confidence with instead of keeping one for home one for daily carry. Obviously thats just my personal opinion and Im not perfect.

Please my post is directed towards a general understanding and not towards you in any way or manner.

Please look at the broader picture here and dont stick on a single point like conceal carry.

For example if you let me pick a weapon between Beretta 92 and glock 17. Id chose a glock...not because I can conceal carry it, but a glock is lighter, easy to handle, ergonomics, balance, quick sights and I can carry it all day without breaking a sweat.At the end of the day I can shoot better with it.

But this doesnt mean a beretta 92 is bad choice. Im just differentiating my understanding of a modern firearm.

That being said, im sure everyone has their own preference.
neither of them b92fs nor g17 are made to carry (with concealment in mind). May be you want to go to g19 :) and b92 compact for that balance. Out of these I would also choose glock if i want just one firearm to do it all. Besides i like the glock grip angle(and the price). Though that said it is still preference. Some ppl like DA/SA over stryker fired. In this comparison glock will always win for me based on my preferences.

neither of them b92fs nor g17 are made to carry (with concealment in mind). May be you want to go to g19 :) and b92 compact for that balance. Out of these I would also choose glock if i want just one firearm to do it all. Besides i like the glock grip angle(and the price). Though that said it is still preference. Some ppl like DA/SA over stryker fired. In this comparison glock will always win for me based on my preferences.

Surprise!! I can conceal carry G 17 easily.

Okay lets not start a striker fire vs Hammer Fire argument now.

In India iof gives us .32 bore shit for pistols and revolver and that too at outrageous prices. Pakistanis are so lucky.
yes the situation here is better then India but we Pakistanis are still not satisfied, we want better guns.

Here comes another copy of Beretta. POF please if you want to steal a design then at least steal a design of modern day handgun design not a 50 year old one.

Beretta 92FS patent expired years ago , POF is not the only one.

Here comes another copy of Beretta. POF please if you want to steal a design then at least steal a design of modern day handgun design not a 50 year old one.
There is a difference between stealing design and getting license to reproduce same design as all designs are patent. Either you dont have any knowledge or you are biased.

It’s ok. We gotta start somewhere. Afterall China not long ago was being criticized for reverse engineering. We will make it one day :)
My dear you can start on a modern gun as well. Why start on an old one?

For me g19 is still a better option for 9mm. I can still put a 17 round mag in that if needed. But since I already have a Walther ppq, I don't see a pressing need. The one that does gives me an urge is g30 sf, which I might buy at some point.
Try buying a G19 in Pakistan...

Try buying a G19 in Pakistan...
I would have difficulty getting a license Pakistan let alone buy G19 :). Btw I don't own one because i don't like to collect i have my firearms that i absolutely and need for hunting and personal safety.

I would have difficulty getting a license Pakistan let alone buy G19 :). Btw I don't own one because i don't like to collect i have my firearms that i absolutely and need for hunting and personal safety.
Like I said try buying one and then you can put it on your wish list. Even G17 in absolute shit condition will cost you an arm and a leg.

Why spend mega bucks when you can reasonable performance from a Turkish Zigana sport or Beretta?

Besides g19, what will you need it for? Let's be realistic? First 3 seconds of a firefight determine who lives or dies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom