What's new

Poll shows steep decline in American Patriotism

Chinese struggle so hard to make propaganda against Americans here,I'm starting to believe they are actually get paid for it. They are so dedicated.

Did you punish Pakistan yet? Wasn't Pakistan involved in terrorising Jews in Greece?

Yes. That it's impossible to make a similar poll in China,due to State censorship.

At least the Chinese don't ransack nor disrespect their parliamentary buildings...

I am a 77 year old American who have lived most of my years in Virginia communities close to either Washington DC or to military bases near Norfolk. It is very clear to me that American patriotism IS severely declining. I believe the primary culprit is "wokeness". That is, the Democratic Party decided that they could gain "one-party" like political power by promoting identity politics and by attacking the basic Americal institutions as "white supremicist". They have suceeded beyond my imagining. I do believe that the America that built superpower military and economic strength is gone. The only thing that "saves" America from itself is that all other nations, including China, are also "screwed up" in their own ways. That is, fortunately for woke America, our competitors are also very flawed human beings. I cannot imagine today's United States sending its military anywhere to "save" someone else from harm or despotism. Taiwan, South Korea, or the Ukraine are not going to be rescued by American "boys". Probably, never again could the US mount an invasion like the Iraq war invasion of 2003.

So it is declining and we are not seeing ghosts.

The truth is that the US was only good at occupying less powerful nations. Iraq and Afghanistan aren't particularly nations that militarily match up with the likes of Russia and China. Even at it's height of military power, the US would not dare invade nor rescue the likes of Taiwan, South Korea and Ukraine.

I have bad news for you though. Your optimism for US survival due to so-called flawed human behavior in China and Russia is wishful thinking. China and Russia are indeed formidable foes for the US.

Last edited:
My most basic understanding of patriotism is some form of "love of country" and "love of fellow countrymen". I see that declining all around me. Even the formulation I just made love of "countrymen" is anti-woke because of the word root "men" I used. If you said such a phrase on an American university campus, hecklers would attack you as being non-inclusive. The majority of students would understand what you were really saying, but would not openly support you for fear of being attacked themselves. I believe that "woke" Americans do not love America. They have no realistic understanding of how America's institutions, while flawed and imperfect, are still the best humanity has so far been able to build. Their nhilistic power is directly responsible for the decline in American patriotism. The woke left has captured all the main sources of cultural dialog in the USA: news media, education, and entertainment. Their self-hatred is making America itself lose its former confidence in its values.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I am sorry that you feel that way.

Funny thing is, this is exactly what a woke person would say to a conservative or neocon. Saying the conservative don't like America unless this is their version of America, highly religious (like overturning roe v wade) and living in the past and too paternal etc, I am not a woke person, so I don't really know their argument for sure...

Anyway, in the old days, there are left,, there are right, and there is middle, I mean, this country is basically built on that, from the separation of politics and judiciary structure. to the bi-partisan ship, used to be the two side have their political indifferent, but they still respected the other side, for me, I don't know since when this was no longer the case, the problem is, if we cannot see the issue from the other side, that's what we will get, a country that deeply divided.

At the end of the day, how we choose to love our country and love our fellow countrymen can be different, I mean, I served in the US Armed Force, does that make me more patriotic than others? I personally didn't do that for the country, I saw that as a kind of a job, some were forced because they did some stupid shit and the judge gave them that choice, while some do join because they love their country do much they felt compel to. For those people, I might not be an American Patriot. On the other hand, aren't we all in the same organisation that serve the same country at the end? Then how when we are in the same army, one can be less patriotic than the others? And if this is already a question, then how about people who served and people who do not? That would be a whole other can of worm.

For me, patriotism is not related to political allegiance, because whether you are a liberal or a conservative, you still have to live in this country. In the end, what are the differences between a liberal or a conservative? That's how we see things in the extension of our political affiliation. While you may see a liberal is less patriotic, or even anti-establishment, or they see you the same way, that does not mean they are not patriotic, that just mean they see America on a different way. And sometime, centric idea is probably the best way to move forward.

Por fin, I don't know if you have heard of a TV show back in the 90s called "Becker" that show predicted a lot of political issue and movement we face today back in the 90s. And for some reason, your thought reminds me of this particular scene.

Did you punish Pakistan yet? Wasn't Pakistan involved in terrorising Jews in Greece?
Not Pakistan,apparently it was Shia Pakistanis from Iran trying to find pawns here.

At least the Chinese don't ransack nor disrespect their parliamentary buildings...
Because they get send to labor camps or get executed if they do that there.

AND YET....YOU ARE NOT IN CHINA :P

BUT IN THE DECADENT WEST.

Not Pakistan,apparently it was Shia Pakistanis from Iran trying to find pawns here.

Because they get send to labor camps or get executed if they do that there.

AND YET....YOU ARE NOT IN CHINA :P

BUT IN THE DECADENT WEST.

Not all Westerners worship the Americans like you do, but that might be difficult for you to understand.

My most basic understanding of patriotism is some form of "love of country" and "love of fellow countrymen". I see that declining all around me. Even the formulation I just made love of "countrymen" is anti-woke because of the word root "men" I used. If you said such a phrase on an American university campus, hecklers would attack you as being non-inclusive. The majority of students would understand what you were really saying, but would not openly support you for fear of being attacked themselves. I believe that "woke" Americans do not love America. They have no realistic understanding of how America's institutions, while flawed and imperfect, are still the best humanity has so far been able to build. Their nhilistic power is directly responsible for the decline in American patriotism. The woke left has captured all the main sources of cultural dialog in the USA: news media, education, and entertainment. Their self-hatred is making America itself lose its former confidence in its values.
I think what you are reminiscing about is the old-fashioned protestant white nation state that America once was or at least resembled, but it's time to face the reality that the narrative it created simply failed to incorporate the larger and much more diverse population, for example the ‘founding fathers’ you may respect and worship so dearly are just a bunch of slave owners in some other people's eyes, which means their definition of patriotism could be very different from yours.

Conversely, there must be a country where "patriotism" is on the rise.

which are those ?

Not all Westerners worship the Americans like you do, but that might be difficult for you to understand.
Are you retarded? What makes you think that I "worship" Americans? The fact that I don't like constant Chinese propaganda by some posters here?
Why do you have to try to start a fight with me all the time? Why can't you try and be a nice person?

define "patriotism"

is dissent truly the greatest form of ?

I am a 77 year old American who have lived most of my years in Virginia communities close to either Washington DC or to military bases near Norfolk. It is very clear to me that American patriotism IS severely declining. I believe the primary culprit is "wokeness". That is, the Democratic Party decided that they could gain "one-party" like political power by promoting identity politics and by attacking the basic Americal institutions as "white supremicist". They have suceeded beyond my imagining. I do believe that the America that built superpower military and economic strength is gone. The only thing that "saves" America from itself is that all other nations, including China, are also "screwed up" in their own ways. That is, fortunately for woke America, our competitors are also very flawed human beings. I cannot imagine today's United States sending its military anywhere to "save" someone else from harm or despotism. Taiwan, South Korea, or the Ukraine are not going to be rescued by American "boys". Probably, never again could the US mount an invasion like the Iraq war invasion of 2003.
Hi, I’m nearer you. I’ve seen it too. Not just wokeness, it’s 20 years of wars that has dampen Americas spirits.

Not just wokeness, it’s 20 years of wars that has dampen Americas spirits.
Yes, I should have thought of that. The GWOT has been a trendous drain on the American spirit. Especially the 2003 Iraq invasion which was a huge betrayal of American values. America behaved as an imperialist, which has never been the desire of 95% of Americans. Afghanistani jihadis should have been pummeled for two years and then left.

Yes, I should have thought of that. The GWOT has been a trendous drain on the American spirit. Especially the 2003 Iraq invasion which was a huge betrayal of American values. America behaved as an imperialist, which has never been the desire of 95% of Americans. Afghanistani jihadis should have been pummeled for two years and then left.
It wasn’t the first time thats happened. Korea Vietnam etc.

Are you retarded? What makes you think that I "worship" Americans? The fact that I don't like constant Chinese propaganda by some posters here?
Why do you have to try to start a fight with me all the time? Why can't you try and be a nice person?

LOL Just wait and see. The deep state will be licking its wounds in a few days time. The whole world knows that the tiki torch silent majority is itching to defend Trump. This will be capitol attack on steroids.

Traditionally the primary fighting force of US is right wing white man, they view USA army as zogbot at 4chan/pol.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom