What's new

Poll shows steep decline in American Patriotism

Traditionally the primary fighting force of US is right wing white man, they view USA army as zogbot at 4chan/pol.
Now they don't have to be either white or man. The pentagon has made some quota to insert “Non-binary gender” people into the military just to be in line with the woke agenda.

I am a 77 year old American who have lived most of my years in Virginia communities close to either Washington DC or to military bases near Norfolk. It is very clear to me that American patriotism IS severely declining. I believe the primary culprit is "wokeness". That is, the Democratic Party decided that they could gain "one-party" like political power by promoting identity politics and by attacking the basic Americal institutions as "white supremicist". They have suceeded beyond my imagining. I do believe that the America that built superpower military and economic strength is gone. The only thing that "saves" America from itself is that all other nations, including China, are also "screwed up" in their own ways. That is, fortunately for woke America, our competitors are also very flawed human beings. I cannot imagine today's United States sending its military anywhere to "save" someone else from harm or despotism. Taiwan, South Korea, or the Ukraine are not going to be rescued by American "boys". Probably, never again could the US mount an invasion like the Iraq war invasion of 2003.
This marine said it all. Young people these days wouldn’t be fighting for the America that was. Young people don’t have the opportunity they once did. Also, family life ain’t what it once was. When they were fighting abroad for the last 20 years, most of the country didn’t even know there was a war on.

Soon the navy is going to increase its recruiting goals to manned all the new ships needed to counter China, I see the ads on the subway already; $50,000 signing bonus. The Marines are probably going to up their numbers as well for the island hoping mission against China, but they don’t want to increase the number of female recruits, despite the need for more marines, probably for fear of a breakdown in their combat effectiveness.

But people in my generation feel the government has done them dirty (cancer from the burn pits is one example, Service or lack there of from the VA being another), so why do they think the young bucks coming up will sign up or re-up when their enlistment comes due. The young guys see the reports of PTSD and Cancer and rather take other jobs.

Last edited:
This marine said it all. Young people these days wouldn’t be fighting for the America that was. Young people don’t have the opportunity they once did. Also, family life ain’t what it once was. When they were fighting abroad for the last 20 years, most of the country didn’t even know there was a war on.

Soon the navy is going to increase its recruiting goals to manned all the new ships needed to counter China, I see the ads on the subway already; $50,000 signing bonus. But people in my generation feel the government has done them dirty, so why do they think the young bucks coming up will sign up or re-up when their enlistment comes due. The young guys see the reports of PTSD and Cancer and rather take other jobs.

Well, it's hard to have people sign up as it was in peacetime. The problem is the Military pays too low for the required skills level, they weren't competitive within the job market out there, I mean I was a Captain earning around 60k a year before I got out, and I earn double that in private sector once I got out. And even if we compare the pays to different miltiary, a Sergeant in the Australian Army earns more than I do

The things is, Military supposed to mean something, it's not a job where they should accept everybody, there are some sort of prestige and standard over it, that's why they don't used to be paying good. That's the problem here, you are expecting people to get down and get dirty and then paying them shit instead giving them a Bravo Zulu or Attaboy, that song don't sang that way anymore. They need to redefine the value of the Military and then target people that were into that sort of zone to fill the rank, they can't go back to the old "if you build the recruiting office and they will come" mantra, that don't work on Gen Z.

But then I don't think that have anything to do with being patriotic.....

Well, it's hard to have people sign up as it was in peacetime. The problem is the Military pays too low for the required skills level, they weren't competitive within the job market out there, I mean I was a Captain earning around 60k a year before I got out, and I earn double that in private sector once I got out. And even if we compare the pays to different miltiary, a Sergeant in the Australian Army earns more than I do

The things is, Military supposed to mean something, it's not a job where they should accept everybody, there are some sort of prestige and standard over it, that's why they don't used to be paying good. That's the problem here, you are expecting people to get down and get dirty and then paying them shit instead giving them a Bravo Zulu or Attaboy, that song don't sang that way anymore. They need to redefine the value of the Military and then target people that were into that sort of zone to fill the rank, they can't go back to the old "if you build the recruiting office and they will come" mantra, that don't work on Gen Z.

But then I don't think that have anything to do with being patriotic.....
It doesn’t help either, when it comes to patriotism. Better Pay, educational opportunities, post-military job opportunities can help bring in the best talent.

We need to build a better pipeline of military to civilian industry, so people have transferable skills in high demand.

The repeated and long deployments also hurt family life.

Are we supposed to care what commiebots here think of others? :lol:
You're right. If you say hello to an American,these guys will say you're an american fanboy. The Panislamists will say "you're a slave" and the Chinese "haha you defend American capitalists! You are fanboy!"

You're right. If you say hello to an American,these guys will say you're an american fanboy. The Panislamists will say "you're a slave" and the Chinese "haha you defend American capitalists! You are fanboy!"

Let them peddle their excreta de bovine endlessly on PDF as they are allowed to do, and to think whatever they are told to think. It does not affect anything, including reality. :D

It doesn’t help either, when it comes to patriotism. Better Pay, educational opportunities, post-military job opportunities can help bring in the best talent.

We need to build a better pipeline of military to civilian industry, so people have transferable skills in high demand.

The repeated and long deployments also hurt family life.
I don't know, I mean as they say in the army, you only ever see green, so if you were there, you are a patriot.

But the deployment time is just damn. When I first realise both the Aussie and the Brits only serve 6 months deployed, it really got me, you missed a lot when you were deployed the whole year, and then there are something called stop loss, I stayed 13 months on my first tour, and would probably longer than 12 months on my second if I was not medevac'd.

Attachments

• comments on recu.PNG
    comments on recu.PNG
    181.9 KB · Views: 20

You are though. You earn a reputation over the course of time. You along with @VCheng are known for cheerleading for USA.

The more liberalism and urbanism, the lesser so called patriotism. Happens all around the world.

You are though. You earn a reputation over the course of time. You along with @VCheng are known for cheerleading for USA.
You have earned a reputation over cheerleading for Russia, though. :P

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom