What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

highly optimistic
wont happen

we saw what happened with thunder

PAF should keep that in mind and look for interim solution be it f16sb70, j10s or j31
I would like to point out a few things which I think might be relevant here. Regarding the picture postedPAF has stated that TFX meets its needs the most. There have been news of extensive collaboration with our Turk brothers during the design phase. So a similarity would not necessarily indicate anything more than a unified thought process.
However PAF solution has to be a hybrid one as the Turks so far do not have an indegenous engine for their project. Whether theChinese do remains:to be seen. Or will PAF go back to the Russians for a further enhanced/advanced version of the RD93 series( my own assumption based on collaboration on the RD series between the red bear and the PAF).
The Radar and FCS might be an indegenous solution based on recent whispers on the net regarding PAF's efforts to build an indegneous capability with Chinese help(if the rumours are at all true!!!). If not then it will require help from the Chinese/Turks at whatever cost is agreed.
I still think 2026-28 is more than likely for a prototype with SBP in 32-34 period. This remains my opinion based on publically shared info. This is the only reason one would think of stopping block 3 at the third block. I would still like there to be a NGF version although understand that the fighter size might be a limiting factor.
Regards
A

I would like to point out a few things which I think might be relevant here. Regarding the picture postedPAF has stated that TFX meets its needs the most. There have been news of extensive collaboration with our Turk brothers during the design phase. So a similarity would not necessarily indicate anything more than a unified thought process.
However PAF solution has to be a hybrid one as the Turks so far do not have an indegenous engine for their project. Whether theChinese do remains:to be seen. Or will PAF go back to the Russians for a further enhanced/advanced version of the RD93 series( my own assumption based on collaboration on the RD series between the red bear and the PAF).

The Radar and FCS might be an indegenous solution based on recent whispers on the net regarding PAF's efforts to build an indegneous capability with Chinese help(if the rumours are at all true!!!). If not then it will require help from the Chinese/Turks at whatever cost is agreed.
I still think 2026-28 is more than likely for a prototype with SBP in 32-34 period. This remains my opinion based on publically shared info. This is the only reason one would think of stopping block 3 at the third block. I would still like there to be a NGF version although understand that the fighter size might be a limiting factor.
Regards
A

It may be on a product basis, but it is a bit difficult to say directly for the plane, if it were, the British would probably say this, the ambassador often talks about this program. You have heard about the JF17 project for years because it costs billions. The 5th generation is even more serious, when you cooperate with any country, you already hear it.

It may be on a product basis, but it is a bit difficult to say directly for the plane, if it were, the British would probably say this, the ambassador often talks about this program. You have heard about the JF17 project for years because it costs billions. The 5th generation is even more serious, when you cooperate with any country, you already hear it.
But we already have heard of cooperation between the Turks and PAF in design stage. My point is there could be similarities in designs. However the final PAF product may differ. The problem is to date there is no prototype or official design produced by PAFso one can say this is what Azm will look like. Lets wait and see how things will pan out.
A

PAF 5Th Gen may looks like that on or around the given time frame.
How many of us thinks that a design can be finalized without a power plant?

If azm involves no or minimal collaboration, then looking at our economy, technology and industrial capability, id say it will be a miracle if we can comeup with a realistic prototype by 2040s.

It will take a decade to see some prototype of 5th next generation fighter in sky.
Assistance from China and Turkey is possible and need of time too.

Regards
A
İ think JF17 program should not be stopped. We should make it into a either single engine F16 blk 70 or a twin engine Mig29 type with semi stealth features to complement Azm FGFA.

That might give us 3 tiers all the Blk 1,2,3 JF17s, newer single/twin fighter and then Azm FGFA

İ think JF17 program should not be stopped. We should make it into a either single engine F16 blk 70 or a twin engine Mig29 type with semi stealth features to complement Azm FGFA.

That might give us 3 tiers all the Blk 1,2,3 JF17s, newer single/twin fighter and then Azm FGFA
Bhai.
When have you known a sheep to put on a Leopard's skin and actually chqnge into a Leopard. The problem people are not understanding is PAF designed the JFTas a light weight fighter. Within that limit whatever developments are possible will be done. Beyond that if you want to change it into a medium weight fighter it will require the dezign to be reworked with a bigger engine which would in fact become another fighter. PAFneither have the money or the luxury of time on its hands to indulge in such frivolity. If you want a-medium weight fighter why not get more 16s or J10s. Plus-2hy wouldChina help you in creating a competition for their own product and what will it say
about the JFTto its prospective buyers?
A

Bhai.
When have you known a sheep to put on a Leopard's skin and actually chqnge into a Leopard. The problem people are not understanding is PAF designed the JFTas a light weight fighter. Within that limit whatever developments are possible will be done. Beyond that if you want to change it into a medium weight fighter it will require the dezign to be reworked with a bigger engine which would in fact become another fighter. PAFneither have the money or the luxury of time on its hands to indulge in such frivolity. If you want a-medium weight fighter why not get more 16s or J10s. Plus-2hy wouldChina help you in creating a competition for their own product and what will it say
about the JFTto its prospective buyers?
A
We should do it. Because What JFT is right now is good now. But we will need something to complement Azm as it will be an air superiority fighter and most likely will not be fielded in high numbers. So we should expand the scope of capabilities JFT possesses/can possess in future.

We can do this seperate project after we are done with Azm. Like how F35(medium multi role) came after F22(air superiority).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom