What's new

Punjab to fund Balochistan projects

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
LAHORE - On the special directions of Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif, the Punjab government will provide cooperation for construction of two parks and designing and renovation of an important road for the people of Balochistan.
During the visit of Balochistan Chief Minister, Dr Abdul Maalik to Lahore, it was decided that Punjab government will assist Balochistan government in designing and renovation of two parks and airport road in Quetta.
The Punjab chief minister Punjab has ordered immediate implementation of the decision regarding designing and renovation of airport road and construction of two parks in Quetta. Punjab government will provide all funds in this regard and it would be a gift for the people of Quetta.
Meanwhile, former federal minister Ejazul Haq met Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif here on Friday. Political situation of the country and national issues were discussed in the meeting, according to an official handout,
Meanwhile, Assembly members of various districts called on the Punjab chief minister and informed him about the pace of ongoing development projects in their respective areas.
Speaking on the occasion, the chief minister said that service to the people was the pivot of politics of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz and it is serving the people of Punjab with honesty and commitment for the last five and a half years. He said that mega projects worth billions of rupees had been executed across the province. He said Punjab was rich in mineral resources which could be utilised for achieving the goal of self-sufficiency. He said that a solid strategy has been adopted for fully benefitting from mineral wealth in the province. He said that a number of welfare programmes were continuing successfully for bringing the deprived segments of the society into national mainstream. Those who met the Chief Minister included Syed Muhammad Asghar Shah, Rana Muhammad Afzal Khan, Muhammad Afzal Khokhar and Rais Mehbob Ahmad.
NANDIPUR POWER PROJECT TO BE COMPLETED BY DECEMBER
Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif said that PML-N government is coping with energy crisis with a national approach and commitment. He said every moment of the nation is precious and work is being carried out on energy projects speedily and in a transparent manner. He said the country will be rid of shortage of electricity under the leadership of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif. He said Nandipur power project has been revived through hard work and tireless efforts and this project of 425 megawatt will be completed by December 2014.
He was presiding over a high level meeting which reviewed the pace of work on Nandipur power project. Managing Director Nandipur power project, Commissioner Lahore Division, District Coordination Officer Gujranwala, secretaries concerned and other senior officers were present. Addressing the meeting, the chief minister said that PML-N government is working on war footing to resolve energy crisis and a number of projects are being initiated with the cooperation of local and foreign companies. He said that unfortunately the former rulers paid no attention to launching of energy projects during their entire tenure due to which the country is facing serious problems. He said that Nandipur power project is an example in this regard. He said that former rulers displayed criminal negligence towards this project and due to their greed and selfish interests the machinery of the project kept rusting at Karachi Port for three and a half years. Shahbaz said the PML-N government revived Nandipur power project within a few months and its first turbine will start operating by the end of July. He said that initially 100 megawatt electricity will be produced from Nandipur power project. He said that energy projects based on coal and solar power are also being furthered while agreements have been signed with Chinese companies for generation of electricity from coal in Gadani and Sahiwal. Referring to his recent visit to China, the Chief Minister said that projects of setting up of two most modern coal power plants of 660 megawatt each at Sahiwal have been finalized and work on this project will be started next month. He said that the project of coal power plant in Sahiwal is a good news for the people of Punjab as well as Pakistan and a programme has been evolved to complete this project as early as possible.

Punjab to fund Balochistan projects

Nothing needed from Punjab, Baluch people should reject it, they cheated us in the election and they will cheat on this too.

Nothing needed from Punjab, Baluch people should reject it, they cheated us in the election and they will cheat on this too.

I thought it would be a good idea. I understand your concerns about the elections and we all feel cheated by that.

I take it you have routes in the Baluch region? I'm not Punjabi by the way.

I thought it would be a good idea. I understand your concerns about the elections and we all feel cheated by that.

I take it you have routes in the Baluch region? I'm not Punjabi by the way.

I am from fata actually, but Baluchistan is our home too as it's full of Pukhtoons.

We don't want our resources stolen under the banner of help, we have been cheated many times in the past and only a fool will think it won't happen again.

We trapped in a system designed against us that allows seats per population percentage, this will always ensure we never can take the most seats.

Someone will come along and say oh but in senate everyone has same seats, that's beside the point as government will always be formed by those who will win from Punjab and we know a punjabi will only vote his kind.

If we were dying we wouldn't want a drop of water from Punjab.

I am from fata actually, but Baluchistan is our home too as it's full of Pukhtoons.

We don't want our resources stolen under the banner of help, we have been cheated many times in the past and only a fool will think it won't happen again.

We trapped in a system designed against us that allows seats per population percentage, this will always ensure we never can take the most seats.

Someone will come along and say oh but in senate everyone has same seats, that's beside the point as government will always be formed by those who will win from Punjab and we know a punjabi will only vote his kind.

Ok bro I understand your predicament.

Dr Abdul Maalik is not from PML-N. Stop spreading hatred

Better ask Mr Aslam Raessani where he spent billions of Rs which his government got in NFC award.
Yes there were people of your thoughts who tried to hinder help for earthquake affected people. I don't know they were friend or enemy of the locals.

Last edited:
By that logic every Pukhtoon and Baluch is a khurasani.

Dhandli mate.

But nationalist party rule Balochistan and Ganja steped away despite winning seats in Balochistan. He let nationalist Baloch party to form goverment.

For Once be a Pakistani First ... Just for Once .

I am I wish the rest of them for once were Pakistanis first, where was pakistan first when dhandli happened, where was pakistan first when we cheated our own people out of their resources?.

Where was pakistan first when Punjab government said jaag punjab jaag, where was pakistan first when they said punjabi wheat for Punjab?.

Back
Top Bottom