What's new

Featured Putin: Insulting Prophet Muhammad is not freedom of expression

Not all Greeks are like him,I have to tell you.
I had a Greek classmate named mikeal . He was a good person overall and mostly we had normal good conversations. But when it comes to religion and Islam he had a kinda similar behavior like @Apollon . He apparently had problems with Muslim immigrants building mosques in Greece .

Every time I listen to Honorable Mr Putin, I have to respect his wisdom he is certainly a very smart politician
His gesture about respect for Prophet Mohammad is welcomed

I personally have felt Russian people are generally been marginalized and incorrectly portrayed for last 50 years in media

The world needs to understand Russia is a peaceful nation and a leader of world , always playing Vital Role in Space & Science research. Even in Covid Pandemic Russian Vaccine was shared with world countries

We need to move away from Bi Polar politics Russia needs to be equally respected together with China

Not all Greeks are like him,I have to tell you.

Since our constitution expresses exactly what i said, that it is allowed to make such satire i have to tell you...yes we are exactly like i say. Yes all greeks defend freedom of expression and freedom of art. What i say is the basic value that allows to be a member of the EU.

Tge published cartoons were fully,protected under the greek constitution. Go tell them my friend, that it is fully legal in Greece to publish such cartoons.

You can insult my mother or any other mother if she was a leader or prophet of crores of people and find disturbing incidents in her life which are not in sync with the morals of the world...You can criticise her if her teachings are affecting crores of people directly or indirectly.
My mother is a normal human being whose influence is only limited to her family...So this stupid analogy that whether somone would keep quiet if there mother was insulted is ridiculous.

Okay then, instead of your mother, Sri Krishna can suck my d*ck. Better?

I had a Greek classmate named mikeal . He was a good person overall and mostly we had normal good conversations. But when it comes to religion and Islam he had a kinda similar behavior like @Apollon . He apparently had problems with Muslim immigrants building mosques in Greece .

I have no problem with islam. I said i defend freedom of speech. What is so hard to understand about this?

I said i defend freedom of speech.

Fine, defend it.

However, freedom of speech cannot be accepted when it is clearly being used to promote, hatred, crimes, intolerance and injustice in society.

We don't have the same understanding of freedom of speech. Yours seem to lack consideration for sensitivities of many, because of whatever reason.

Fine, defend it.

However, freedom of speech cannot be accepted when it is clearly being used to promote, hatred, crimes, intolerance and injustice in society.

We don't have the same understanding of freedom of speech. Yours seem to lack consideration for sensitivities of many, because of whatever reason.

What can be accepted is ruled in our constitution and our constitution clearly allows such comics. Evrything else is irrelevant.

And with all due respect, i dont want that my country has the same understanding for freedom of speech as such places like iraq...

Beside that i dont see you care for christian sensitivities either. Just admit that you want decide what we can do and you freak out because you have no controle over it.

I have no problem with islam. I said i defend freedom of speech. What is so hard to understand about this?

Hi, what are these cartoons you are defending and why do you think they are legitimate ?

What can be accepted is ruled in our constitution and our constitution clearly allows such comics. Evrything else is irrelevant.

And with all due respect, i dont want that my country has the same understanding for freedom of speech as such places like iraq...

Beside that i dont see you care for christian sensitivities either. Just admit that you want decide what we can do and you freak out because you have no controle over it.

Your constitution doesn't hold jurisdiction in other places. Say you couldn't seek protection in Egypt citing your own constitution. So again what is universal understanding of "Freedom of speech"? ..... your country's constitution is irrelevant. I am talking about things that you can say and do in your country and other places equally without consequences.

You are full of assumptions.

Buddy I am not an Iraqi, second what made you think that I don't care for Christian sensitivities? Why should or would I decide for you? I have no intentions of telling Christian children "hey Santa is all fake bogus character" or Christmas is a pagan festival, neither I have the intentions to support anyone saying it with the intent of spreading discord and being disrespectful, even when my country's constitution doesn't have anything to stop me from being this stupid.

Large no. of Muslims live in Russia , and also Orthodox Christians are not as much against Muslims as other Christian world is , more than that Mr Putin is speaking truth , thanks Mr Putin , love and respect for you,

Hi, what are these cartoons you are defending and why do you think they are legitimate ?

A small newspaper made cartoons about their prophet and then all big media printed them as well. And it is not that i think they are legitimate, they simply are legitimate according our constitution. Its plain and simple allowed to do it. Thats what i say, the rule of law.
Your constitution doesn't hold jurisdiction in other places. Say you couldn't seek protection in Egypt citing your own constitution. So again what is universal understanding of "Freedom of speech"? ..... your country's constitution is irrelevant. I am talking about things that you can say and do in your country and other places equally without consequences.

You are full of assumptions.

Buddy I am not an Iraqi, second what made you think that I don't care for Christian sensitivities? Why should or would I decide for you? I have no intentions of telling Christian children "hey Santa is all fake bogus character" or Christmas is a pagan festival, neither I have the intentions to support anyone saying it with the intent of spreading discord and being disrespectful, even when my country's constitution doesn't have anything to stop me from being this stupid.

You know Hagia Sophia, the great coronation cathedral? Erdogan turned it into a mosque in an attempt to provocate orthodox christians.

Whats your opinion about this? You are fine with it or not?

A small newspaper made cartoons about their prophet and then all big media printed them as well. And it is not that i think they are legitimate, they simply are legitimate according our constitution. Its plain and simple allowed to do it. Thats what i say, the rule of law.

My question still stands. Please describe the cartoons within the bounds of forum rules so that you don't get banned. And you are actually legitimizing them by quoting your constitution. "Rule of law" in Greece may also include not listening to Communists but should that mean the law is correct ? :)

Last edited:
My question still stands. Please describe the cartoons within the bounds of forum rules so that you don't get banned. And you are actually legitimizing them by quoting your constitution. "Rule of law" in Greece may also include not listening to Communist groups but should that mean the law is correct ? :)

You can easily google them yourself.
So you have no problem Muslim immigrants in Greece building mosques for their own worship?

As long they pay it themself and dont bother anyone.

I think there is a small one in athens, no problem with it. We have only very few muslims in greece so its no issue

Back
Top Bottom