What's new

Featured Putin: Insulting Prophet Muhammad is not freedom of expression

You know Hagia Sophia, the great coronation cathedral? Erdogan turned it into a mosque in an attempt to provocate orthodox christians.

Whats your opinion about this? You are fine with it or not?

Before Erdogan (by the way it wasn't him but court of his country deciding this) ..............

Was that land bought and paid for? What I know of (historically) is that it was bought and adequate compensation was paid to right people. And per my faith to preserve its sanctity and keep its status same I would make it a place that makes it mandatory for all to respect it (in a Muslim majority that is possible only by declaring it a mosque, and not making it a Museum where people have to pay and visit it and do whatever they want inside)

If no, then I don't and won't support it even if there is a genuine intent to preserve its sanctity.

You can easily google them yourself.

I did and this is the only Greek one I found. It is actually a criticism of European governments having obsession with drawing Hazrat Muhammad's cartoons while these governments have stopped caring for the European masses. In fact they never were caring which is why they are in the Capitalist, Crusading grouping called NATO.

Last edited:
Before Erdogan (by the way it wasn't him but court of his country deciding this) ..............

Was that land bought and paid for? What I know of (historically) is that it was bought and adequate compensation was paid to right people. And per my faith to preserve its sanctity and keep its status same I would make it a place that makes it mandatory for all to respect it (in a Muslim majority that is possible only by declaring it a mosque, and not making it a Museum where people have to pay and visit it and do whatever they want inside)

If no, then I don't and won't support it even if there is a genuine intent to preserve its sanctity.

The land was taken by war. People who took refugee in the cathdral were massacred. Maybe read about the fall of Constantinople. What happened there was horrendous and the worst crimes happened inside that church.

Declaring it a mosque was done to provocate Greeks and to hurt us. Obviously thats ok for many members here but some cartoons are bad.

They trample on the feelings of others but cantbtake even the smallest inconvenience.

The land was taken by war. People who took refugee in the cathdral were massacred. Maybe read about the fall of Constantinople. What happened there was horrendous and the worst crimes happened inside that church.

Declaring it a mosque was done to provocate Greeks and to hurt us. Obviously thats ok for many members here but some cartoons are bad.

They trample on the feelings of others but cantbtake even the smallest inconvenience.

We are discussing about something recent in modern society in context of a war that happened centuries ago? You have your account of that war and then there are other accounts that suggest Sultan didn't want a war in the first place but it happened and people sought refuge in Hagia Sophia believing in prophecy that angels would descend and protect them and kill the non believers, that obviously didn't happen and these accounts suggest that people were taken their homes safely and not harmed or killed.

Okay so you are trying to avenge that what happened centuries ago within a city by supporting something that brings grief all over the globe and has global reach? That is illogical and irrational.

We are discussing about something recent in modern society in context of a war that happened centuries ago? You have your account of that war and then there are other accounts that suggest Sultan didn't want a war in the first place but it happened and people sought refuge in Hagia Sophia believing in prophecy that angels would descend and protect them and kill the non believers, that obviously didn't happen and these accounts suggest that people were taken their homes safely and not harmed or killed.

Okay so you are trying to avenge that what happened centuries ago within a city by supporting something that brings grief all over the globe and has global reach? That is illogical and irrational.

Erdogan declared it a mosque last year. Thats more recent than the cartoons. By declaring it a mosque he brought grief all over the christian world. Even the pope expressed deep sadness and concern.

So you are ok with bringing grief to christians but cartoons are bad?

Erdogan declared it a mosque last year. Thats more recent than the cartoons. By declaring it a mosque he brought grief all over the christian world. Even the pope expressed deep sadness and concern.

You seem to be an ardent supporter of your country's constitution but you have problems with court's decision of another country?

What exactly do you support then?

I can play this game with you all day.

Now you are just trying to deflect, Christian world is busy as they were before that decision. There is no disrespect being shown to the building nobody is squatting inside it, nor it has been converted to an animal cesspool. It is being kept clean and bright.

To draw someone's sketch one needs to have seen them in person or their image or picture ........... else whatever is being drawn is just imaginary, content that is deprived of any reality. So any idiot who is drawing based on his imagination is purely trying to hurt sentiments of many around the globe. Lets call spade a spade.

You seem to be an ardent supporter of your country's constitution but you have problems with court's decision of another country?

What exactly do you support then?

I can play this game with you all day.

Now you are just trying to deflect, Christian world is busy as they were before that decision. There is no disrespect being shown to the building nobody is squatting inside it, nor it has been converted to an animal cesspool. It is being kept clean and bright.

To draw someone's sketch one needs to have seen them in person or their image or picture ........... else whatever is being drawn is just imaginary, content that is deprived of any reality. So any idiot who is drawing based on his imagination is purely trying to hurt sentiments of many around the globe. Lets call spade a spade.

Its desecrated and basicly ruined. It was made a museum exactly because of that. That way nobody feels hurt.

The entire christian world condemed the desecration of hagia sophia. The russian patriarch said he is shocked and sad. The pope in rome expressed his deep sadness. EU and USA called it unacceltable. Russian parliament issued a statement regarding that unacceltable move.

UNESCO threatens to remove the church from world heritage.

As i said you think you can insult us and expect we take it and smile but comics are bad.

Turkey has thousands of mosques, they cant even fill them. Turning Hagia Sophia into a mosque was done only to provocate, belittle and humilate.

Its desecrated and basicly ruined. It was made a museum exactly because of that. That way nobody feels hurt.

The entire christian world condemed the desecration of hagia sophia. The russian patriarch said he is shocked and sad. The pope in rome expressed his deep sadness. EU and USA called it unacceltable. Russian parliament issued a statement regarding that unacceltable move.

UNESCO threatens to remove the church from world heritage.

As i said you think you can insult us and expect we take it and smile but comics are bad.

Turkey has thousands of mosques, they cant even fill them. Turning Hagia Sophia into a mosque was done only to provocate, belittle and humilate.

So basically you believe in tit for tat?

Desecrated how? I can understand your disappointment only if you hate mosques, otherwise for Muslims mosque is the most respected place and building and not a Museum. I think you or a Christian can visit Hagia Sophia like any other Mosque in any Muslim country.

I think you are one of those who believe Muslims worship a moon god?

So basically you believe in tit for tat?

Desecrated how? I can understand your disappointment only if you hate mosques, otherwise for Muslims mosque is the most respected place and building and not a Museum. I think you or a Christian can visit Hagia Sophia like any other Mosque in any Muslim country.

I think you are one of those who believe Muslims worship a moon god?

So you would be fine if rock dome or the kabaa are turned into churches? Somehow i cant believe that. You would never accept your most holy places to change in that way.

You expect us to be ok with something that would be unacceltable for you. Maybe think about that first before saying something like that.

Hagia Sophia is most important church of the orthodox christian world. Its like our vatican.

But it is exactly what i tell you. You have zero tact or respect towards us. You justify evry insult against us but at same time react super agitated for unimportant rubbish cartoons.

So you would be fine if rock dome or the kabaa are turned into churches? Somehow i cant believe that. You would never accept your most holy places to change in that way.

Hmmmm ............. Okay I would die fighting for that not to happen ............. do you have the same courage and belief? If yes then gather your armies and take it back. Or you only wish to avenge it by drawing sketches?.

Hmmmm ............. Okay I would die fighting for that not to happen ............. do you have the same courage and belief? If yes then gather your armies and take it back. Or you only wish to avenge it by drawing sketches?.

Glad you now openly say that you expect us to accept things that would be unacceltable for. You think its ok to insult us, to belittle us and to desecrate our most holy places, deeply connected to our heart but cartoons are not ok for you.

Guess you understand now how ridicolous your statement was.

Kaʿbah al-Musharrafa was transformed into a religious center that had become the largest center of the pagans in the middle east. The believers cleaned these idols and saw the holy temple as the qibla to turn towards Allah(cc), as Ibrahim Aleyisselam believed.

What would you do,invade Israel on your own?

Glad you now openly say that you expect us to accept things that would be unacceltable for. You think its ok to insult us, to belittle us and to desecrate our most holy places, deeply connected to our heart but cartoons are not ok for you.

Guess you understand now how ridicolous your statement was.

You seriously need help. You said you are not a practicing Christian, then you tried taking refuge in your constitution, then you went on about Hagia Sophia.

After multiple tries of me being logical with you, you successfully labelled me as some Christian hater. Well thank you.

Though I clearly do not support mockering or insulting any religion on the Earth in any form including cartoons, I was dissapointed when Erdogan turned Hagia Sophia into the mosque.

Back
Top Bottom