What's new

Quarter of Pak Military Budget comes from US aid

If Pakistanis are happy and comfortable with the situation, I find nothing wrong in it.

It saves and gives them adequate funds to spend for education, public health, irrigation, infrastructure etc and permits them to improve their lot.

Yes, defence is most important thing for the survival of pakistan.
We will do anything to achieve it.

I agree. We are willing to do anything to keep our Armed Forces as best as we can. If we let our guard down for a second the enemy will take advantage of it, and we wont let that happen.

If Pakistanis are happy and comfortable with the situation, I find nothing wrong in it.

It saves and gives them adequate funds to spend for education, public health, irrigation, infrastructure etc and permits them to improve their lot.

If that were true, there would be really nothing wrong. But if it helps perpetuate an oversized military that the country does not require nor can afford, then its not good for Pakistan.

Well, finally it is for the Pakistani people to decide what they really want. If they feel the priorities of their country is right, then it must be right. It is important to have the sense of security before anything else. But it is also important to be realisitic and not try to punch above one's weight.

Well, finally it is for the Pakistani people to decide what they really want. If they feel the priorities of their country is right, then it must be right. It is important to have the sense of security before anything else. But it is also important to be realisitic and not try to punch above one's weight.

I really do admire your opinion, but as you said it is for the people of Pakistan to decide. What Pakistan does with its money, its Armed Forces or anything which belongs to Pakistan, only the people of Pakistan have the right to decide what should be done. Such things are the internal matters of Pakistan.

If that were true, there would be really nothing wrong. But if it helps perpetuate an oversized military that the country does not require nor can afford, then its not good for Pakistan.

Its only right to live with freedom and ensure your freedom with all the resources possible and eat grass if you have too..

Furthermore, the money being given to Pakistan is not only for WoT and military aid..

It is also given as a compensation for the logistics support and Airforce bases Pakistan provided and provides US for Oil and Food shipment to Afghanistan for their forces.

I agree. We are willing to do anything to keep our Armed Forces as best as we can. If we let our guard down for a second the enemy will take advantage of it, and we wont let that happen.

I just hope that the situation changes for the better and the relations between our countries improve so that this feeling of insecurity and enmity is a thing of the past.

This enmity is doing neither country any good. Now some may indulge in the laborious calculation of who is getting more affected by it. If it is the other party, they would be happy to cut their nose to spite the face.

The world is just not our two countries. It is moving past rapidly and there is no point in us remaining hooked to old shibboleths.

Well that is how I think at least. ;)

I really do admire your opinion, but as you said it is for the people of Pakistan to decide. What Pakistan does with its money, its Armed Forces or anything which belongs to Pakistan, only the people of Pakistan have the right to decide what should be done. Such things are the internal matters of Pakistan.

Yes sir. :)

It is an internal matter of Pakistan to decide on what their priorities should be. We are all here for exchaning opinions. I agree with you that Pakistani need to decide their priorities. i just hope the situation can change, so that these prioties can change towards betterment of the people. And this is true for India too.

I just hope that the situation changes for the better and the relations between our countries improve so that this feeling of insecurity and enmity is a thing of the past.

This enmity is doing neither country any good. Now some may indulge in the laborious calculation of who is getting more affected by it. If it is the other party, they would be happy to cut their nose to spite the face.

The world is just now our two countries. It is moving past rapidly and there is no point in us remaining hooked to old shibboleths.

Well that is how I think at least. ;)

I totally agree with you. But I think that even if we become friends, neither country will reduce any part of their Armed Forces. I personally think that it is just too late, I mean we could be friends and I do believe we ought to live in peace but I dont believe the Armed Forces of neither country will be reduced. The reason is that Pakistan and its people know that India is not the only enemy we have, we know that their are a lot of enemies of Pakistan, some of whom just pretend to be our friends. We take great pride in our Armed Forces, we have given a lot of sacrifices for these Forces. India might have similar reasons, but India's Armed Forces are an internal matter of India and Not of a Pakistani or any other person to discuss.

Same can be applied to India, but only better. :cheers:

Same can be applied to India, but only better. :cheers:

There is no doubt.

However, for India there are two adversaries!

One not very worrisome, and the other is racing to become a superpower!

The latter is what worries!

There is no doubt.

However, for India there are two adversaries!

One not very worrisome, and the other is racing to become a superpower!

The latter is what worries!

I hope you speak the voice of your Indian Management Elite ...

What worries India is like becoming a hot dog between China and Pakistan..

Present and Future participation of China in all Pakistan developement programs suggest that China is on the move to become regional Super Power in 20years or so able to challange US objectives in Asia Pasific.. Pakistan is helping China in anyway possible to achieving that mutual objective.

I hope you speak the voice of your Indian Management Elite ...

What worries India is like becoming a hot dog between China and Pakistan..

Present and Future participation of China in all Pakistan developement programs suggest that China is on the move to become regional Super Power in 20years or so able to challange US objectives in Asia Pasific.. Pakistan is helping China in anyway possible to achieving that mutual objective.

Not really a hot dog even if it is a pipedream of some losers.

China does not have such short term aims as regional superpower. It has leapfrogged into the global superpower quest. You may not admit it, but the writing is in the fortune cookies.

I am not conversant how Pakistan is helping China, but would surely love to be educated on the same.

China is a country that has achieved what it has without anyone's help, even if others feel that they have helped her.

The Chinese are a proud race and capable of achieving what they want, even if the path is not totally in consonance with governance and morality. Note how for her own good, she jettisoned Communism and made it a ghost of the past!

As far as Pakistan is concerned, she is doing well by straddling the best of both sides i.e. the US as also China.

It is the pragmatic policy of Musharraf , who has put Pakistan above Islam, like Ataturk, which is achieving this miracle, which many of you on this forum are decrying!

I totally agree with you. But I think that even if we become friends, neither country will reduce any part of their Armed Forces. I personally think that it is just too late, I mean we could be friends and I do believe we ought to live in peace but I dont believe the Armed Forces of neither country will be reduced. The reason is that Pakistan and its people know that India is not the only enemy we have, we know that their are a lot of enemies of Pakistan, some of whom just pretend to be our friends. We take great pride in our Armed Forces, we have given a lot of sacrifices for these Forces. India might have similar reasons, but India's Armed Forces are an internal matter of India and Not of a Pakistani or any other person to discuss.

Armed forces of nations expand with the requirements of Internal and External threats... As far as Pakistan is concerned the External requirements go even beyond India, as Pakistan is the only Islamic Nation to have N-Bomb and is evident to the people of Pakistan that this ability is not seen as a good thing from major countries of the West and US. Untill this world becomes a better and safe place to live in (which seems impossible thou), the requirements for better security and deterrent will only increase.

Back
Top Bottom